Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2018, 02:39 AM

2,004 posts, read 3,416,868 times

Advertisements

On my Yahoo mail page I had emailed a lot of emails with 86 photos as attachments to myself and had put them into a folder off to the side of my mail page. When I changed to Gmail (I still have the Yahoo mail also) those folders and photos did not transfer and when I go back to the Yahoo mail the folders are there but everything in all of the folders is now gone. Every folder is empty. What did I do wrong and how can I retrieve the contents of all of those folders? Thanks in advance.
PS: I have Windows 8.1 on a Dell PC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 01:20 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
You might read through this and treat the pictures as if they were emails.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/h...s-from-a-phone

From reading some info I saw mentioned that Yahoo uses Folders and Gmail uses Labels and that causes problems. They were likely transferred, but may have ended up in Internet La-La land since there were no matching folders there.

I would look through every folder/label on both. Gmail has an All Mail icon that displays everything. I don't use Yahoo so I can't comment on that.

Last edited by Tek_Freek; 09-02-2018 at 02:00 PM..

Old 09-02-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
You might read through this and treat the pictures as if they were emails.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/h...s-from-a-phone

From reading some info I saw mentioned that Yahoo uses Folders and Gmail uses Labels and that causes problems. They were likely transferred, but may have ended up in Internet La-La land since there were no matching folders there.

I would look through every folder/label on both. Gmail has an All Mail icon that displays everything. I don't use Yahoo so I can't comment on that.
That sounds like a good place to start. I'll give it a try and get back here. If I find anything. Thanks a bunch.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
That sounds like a good place to start. I'll give it a try and get back here. If I find anything. Thanks a bunch.
Got'um!!! I don't know how I did it but I retrieved them all and now when I click on that folder they all come up. I started with the link that you provided and closed my eyes and started clicking. lol Thanks a lot.

Old 09-02-2018, 04:10 PM

Closing your eyes is the equivalent of holding your tongue just right. That must have been the key.

Glad you got them back! Now store them in a second location not just on Gmail.

Old 09-03-2018, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Closing your eyes is the equivalent of holding your tongue just right. That must have been the key.

Glad you got them back! Now store them in a second location not just on Gmail.
I've been picking through the 'good' one's and saving/downloading them to my pictures and documents.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:50 PM

6,627 posts, read 7,344,486 times
You might want to look at Google photo storage options and put then in the cloud. There are a few free services around so you might want to use a second one for backup.

Old 09-03-2018, 01:52 PM

All of our pictures and documents, in addition to being stored in the cloud, are kept on a windows Home Server, and on two USB drives that I keep in the watch pocket of my jeans.

The USB drives are due for an update though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers