Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2018, 04:58 PM

2 posts, read 616 times

Advertisements

it's glossy, a Spin 5 Acer laptop they call this, it came out this year, 1920x1080 FULL HD, But why does it look pixelated and the dark areas look more pixelated? I have another Acer laptop that came out 10 years ago with lower resolution and this new laptop looks more pixelated, the only difference is the old laptop is not IPS screen, both of them are glossy screen... What the hell is going on here? I had to return an HP Pavilion laptop because it was having the same problem. It came out last year with 1920x1080 but when I put them side by side with my old Acer laptop the new HP Pavilion looked more pixelated... Both of them were using the same wireless connection which is high speed, no lagging, none of that... So why are these new laptops having poor video quality? Is it because both of them are IPS? Is this way? My old Acer laptop is LED LCD. The Spin 5 is LED also but not LCD... It's IPS..... Also my old laptop has lower NIT number for brightness, but it looks brighter than both of these 2 newer laptops.... even if I increase the gamma settings for the newer laptops... The older laptop doesn't even have an option to increase gamma...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 07:37 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
It should not look pixelated. Something is wrong. Have you played with any video settings?

Old 10-29-2018, 06:46 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,971 times
No. IPS is better, although I tend to dislike glossy screens.

You probably have something wrong with your settings. Or a broken screen. You shouldn't need to play around with the gamma. It is nearly impossible to diagnose these sorts of problems through message boards. Do you think you could include photographs of what's wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers