Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2020, 06:58 AM

5,125 posts, read 6,142,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
*Note: I didn't say impossible. Agree, bad power can do odd things.

I understand. Both you and I have been around long enough to know anything is possible. We used to joke when you have replaced everything else it HAS to be the power! Mainly because no one ever thought about it until they tried everything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2020, 08:09 PM

33,385 posts, read 12,681,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
All Surface devices used to come with one year subscription to Office365 and Office365 includes 1TB of cloud storage (OneDrive). That was a few years ago. They don't anymore and at $70/yr, or $100 for a family plan with up to six accounts each with 1TB, it may not be worth the price. The free version is 5GB, and that doesn't include Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.

That's just software though and works on pretty much anything, Windows 8 or Windows 10, OSX (Apple computers), iOS (iPhone/iPad), Android, Chromebook. Linux isn't officially supported, but it works as well.

Really, you've been in the same space for six months. I get that a lot of people don't need a computer on a daily basis but having one that works regardless of who makes it or what it is. I'd probably be looking at Chromebook.
I have the bolded (the individual option, not the family option), and I like it. I have the apps installed on my purchased 2018 HP Spectre 15” 2-in-1, my purchased 2019 3rd Gen iPad Pro 12.9, my purchased 2016 MacBook Air 13.3”, and a purchased 2017 iPhone SE that I use re a number of features, but not as a phone (it’s locked to Straight Talk, and I got it new for $99 or $129, never intending to use it as a phone). Microsoft allows up to five devices (and the same five per person on the family plan you mentioned). I ordered a new unlocked 256GB iPhone SE 2020 from Best Buy that is set to arrive in a few days (on Wednesday), and I will use that as a phone from day one, and that will be my fifth device. The only one of the four devices so far where I experience ‘slowness’ re using the apps is on the first gen iPhone SE. If a person thinks they may only use the apps 6 months a year or less, you can also choose to be billed $9.99 per month. Re the months you’d have ithe billing turned off, you don’t lose anything you already have stored, you just can’t add/make any changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers