Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2020, 07:06 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,536,914 times

Advertisements

Plus, I still get emails from them on the email I signed up with. It informs me each time a friend or relative has posted a pic or an update. I try to click into it and it goes to the send your ID to access this page. I have 110 updates from the time they locked me out in June.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2020, 09:50 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,465,704 times
I got locked out of Facebook a few years ago for the same reason. I had to scan my driver's license and one other form of identification and it took a couple of weeks for Facebook to let me back in.

Old 09-21-2020, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I got locked out of Facebook a few years ago for the same reason. I had to scan my driver's license and one other form of identification and it took a couple of weeks for Facebook to let me back in.
It was in June and they said they would be slow because of Covid. I thought people worked from home now plus it is a computer company. Doesn't make sense really.

Old 09-22-2020, 05:12 AM

731 posts, read 726,704 times
Quote:
Lol. Cold day in Hell before I’d scan any ID and send it to Facebook. I’d sit barebutt on printer and send them that.

Old 09-22-2020, 09:00 PM

Got another email from them saying I have 111 notifications.

I remember what I did. I went into my security to change the way my birth date was displayed. I accidently clicked on 2009 so they think I am 11.

They say I am too young to be on Facebook. Geesh. I sent my driver's license ID and haven't heard back from them. I am clearly not 11.

Old 09-22-2020, 09:13 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,465,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
...I remember what I did. I went into my security to change the way my birth date was displayed. I accidently clicked on 2009 so they think I am 11.
They say I am too young to be on Facebook. Geesh. I sent my driver's license ID and haven't heard back from them. I am clearly not 11.

If Facebook approval is too much hassle, I agree with those who suggest that you sign on with another email and ID. You can ask a Facebook friend to save all the photos from your original Facebook account to a flash drive and send/give it to you.

Old 09-22-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
If Facebook approval is too much hassle, I agree with those who suggest that you sign on with another email and ID. You can ask a Facebook friend to save all the photos from your original Facebook account to a flash drive and send/give it to you.
If they can get into my account to send me my pics, why can't they just send me my original account?

I see Facebook tells people to name friends for security reasons so you can retrieve an account if it gets locked. I did not set up my account that way though. So now I am screwed.

Old 09-24-2020, 06:42 PM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,046,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToGo View Post
Just make a new one. Use a different email address.
Use a different computer also. FB can tell what IP an account is being generated from.

Old 09-25-2020, 12:52 AM

I did but I like to go to my Facebook page on my iPhone and on my Surface tablet as well. It should show up on each just like my email does. Then I can see it on each of my internet items.

Not only did my Facebook go wacky but the Microsoft update made a lot of my files go wacky. The update happened a few weeks ago. The Facebook thing was in June.

I took my computer in to have it looked at so I could retrieve where I was, like backdate it but the computer guy said the updates are mandatory for all computers so you can't do anything about it. We all have to keep updated. GRRR Just when we get use to how our computers work they have to change it.

Old 09-25-2020, 02:00 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,046,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I did but I like to go to my Facebook page on my iPhone and on my Surface tablet as well. It should show up on each just like my email does. Then I can see it on each of my internet items.

Not only did my Facebook go wacky but the Microsoft update made a lot of my files go wacky. The update happened a few weeks ago. The Facebook thing was in June.

I took my computer in to have it looked at so I could retrieve where I was, like backdate it but the computer guy said the updates are mandatory for all computers so you can't do anything about it. We all have to keep updated. GRRR Just when we get use to how our computers work they have to change it.
The problems with Facebook in this thread seem to be more of issues with peoples' devices than with the social website itself.

Not with Facebook for me, but with YouTube lately I can watch videos on my iPhone 5 only horizontally, and can no longer watch YT Videos via 'persistent video overlay'(in a corner of my iPad Mini screen), such as while viewing City Data here or another website.. Curse you Apple!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers