Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 03:21 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,500,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Yeah, I tried that. Didn't work. My usual password, the only password I ever had, just. stopped. working. Period. I had to starting using the "Microsoft Account Password."

Technology has forced me into a 25% Luddite consciousness. I keep up, but barely. No apologies.
I edited my post to add a paragraph about the login screen. Just in case you missed it.

Here it is again.

It's also possible they changed something on the login screen and you clicked on the wrong thing? THIS is the more likely scenario. It happens to me all of the time. I choose to skip their suggestion at using a MS account and click 'skip' or something to that effect. It's at the bottom of the screen. Too late for you now but you can switch back if you wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2022, 04:21 PM

11,089 posts, read 6,953,574 times
When I returned from my travels I simply fired up my computer and put my Windows Logon Password (NOT the Microsoft Account Password) in the box. It didn't work. I didn't do anything different than I had ever done - ever. Perhaps - and this is reaching - but perhaps being gone so long changed things (updates that hadn't been done yet). I was gone for 5-1/2 weeks.

I think your "update" comment is the most plausible explanation. What I'm trying to convey is that nothing had changed. Literally Nothing. I fired up the computer, logon wouldn't work. I had. always. worked. I hadn't touched my desktop in 5-1/2 weeks because I was gone.

It is either (1) update(s) or (2) someone messed with my computer while I was gone.

Old 12-01-2022, 07:58 AM

16,561 posts, read 19,761,655 times
If it wasn't user error then someone else did it while you were gone. MS does not and cannot arbitrarily change your login from a local one to an online one. I cannot even imagine the uproar if they started doing that.

Old 12-01-2022, 07:59 AM

11,089 posts, read 6,953,574 times
I hate to say it but I think someone did. And that purpose would be keylogger because I do not have the kind of financial assets I once did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers