Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 04:21 PM

83,511 posts, read 75,269,804 times

Advertisements

Who should we hand the Idiot Award to? Lawmakers for making small explosives legal to purchase or this guy who stored and sold them from a trailer?

They said this amount was enough to blow up 2 blocks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 04:36 PM

Some guy lighting mortars in heavily wooded area yesterday... 3 problems:
A. He had illegal fireworks
B. They were going 35-45 feet in air with mature trees around
C. IT WASN'T THE 4TH!

I dont get the stores selling explosives but I truely dont get the 1am lighting of illegal large stuff. If you have to risk it.. just use the actual holiday. Whats with the random anytime days? WTF!

Go see a professional show if you get kicks from lights and pops in the air. I personally know someone who's home was burnt down or who's pet got hospitilized from backyard stuff.

I wish I was a cop but then again...Thank God I'm not.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:38 PM

I.L.L.E.G.A.L

Read law here: http://www.ct.gov/dps/cwp/view.asp?a=2149&q=294290

The only safe way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a public display conducted at a state approved site by state-licensed pyro-technicians.

Please do society a favor..pass this info around..It's all about awareness, thats all. Some folks dont know.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:40 PM

21,737 posts, read 28,065,714 times
Meh, I don't see the problem with any fireworks. Do you hear of mass incidents of limbs being blown off and 2 blocks being blown up in South Carolina all the time? I don't think so.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:44 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,152,445 times
My neighbors light them off a LOT. It really bug sme as #1 there are WAY too many trees around and #2 - the houses are WAY too close to do that safely.

Not that I condone it, but if someone lives on a large land and has plenty of tree-less space, fine. BUt when you house sits on top of mine and has bushes and tress around - don't be an idiot!

Old 07-03-2011, 04:47 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,152,445 times
I think it's pretty damn rude and just plain stupid to do, esp. if houses are close together and there are lots of tees/bushes around.

My neighbors do it all the time and I am so afraid - I see the ashes falling too close to my house, not to mention all the shrubs in both our yards.

Not that I agree with doing it, but I could see if you lived on a lot of land with no trees close by. But when your house sits on top of mine AND there are lots of trees around, you really should have half a brain and know NOT to put others in danger.

EDIT - wow, I retyped my message cuz my other one didn't show up - and now there it is. Weird. LOL

Old 07-03-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
I think it's pretty damn rude and just plain stupid to do, esp. if houses are close together and there are lots of tees/bushes around.

My neighbors do it all the time and I am so afraid - I see the ashes falling too close to my house, not to mention all the shrubs in both our yards.
Yup..I see sparks coming down, I see rockets that dont go "straight" up and I see mortars that spread out over mature trees instead of away from them.. Not to mention the explosion noise at any hour of day

Like I said...Most people dont know and they need us to make them aware of it. Not just from a legal standpoint ...but a safety standpoint. Its like driving on the wrong side of the road.. It can be done until your caught but your putting everything in harms way.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:07 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,002,585 times
I was wondering how long this was going to take.

Yawn...

Old 07-03-2011, 11:17 PM

680 posts, read 1,575,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
Meh, I don't see the problem with any fireworks. Do you hear of mass incidents of limbs being blown off and 2 blocks being blown up in South Carolina all the time? I don't think so.
You don't because you are not in the business. I've heard of accidents where underaged boys got injured by fireworks every year. It isn't as bad as limbs getting blown off but its no laughing matter.

Overall, when handled properly fireworks are pretty safe. The problem comes when you have idiots handling them and cause havoc to surroundings and public.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:43 PM

21,737 posts, read 28,065,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig1985 View Post
Overall, when handled properly fireworks are pretty safe. The problem comes when you have idiots handling them and cause havoc to surroundings and public.
This is true of many things in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut