Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 10:33 AM

4,787 posts, read 11,761,557 times

Advertisements

Give the dealer one last chance. Speak directly to the manager, not any underlings. Indicate to him that you are aware that the dealership was sent a check by the warranty company. Give him the name of the person at the warranty company you spoke to, the date you spoke to them and the date the check was sent.

Tell the dealer that if you aren't paid very quickly ( offer to pick up a check a.s.a.p. ) then you will file a complaint with the CT Dept of Consumer Affairs and will also write a letter to the editor in your local newspaper for publication on the opinion page.

The dealer hasn't a leg to stand on and he will know it. If he doesn't follow through quickly, then file that complaint and write that letter. The thought of bad publicity often works wonders and the state will follow through on any complaints quickly.

Also let him know you will take him to small claims court if necessary and ask the court to have him pay your court costs also as he won't win.

The manager will blame everyone in the shop except himself but you should get paid quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 10:37 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post
Give the dealer one last chance. Speak directly to the manager, not any underlings. Indicate to him that you are aware that the dealership was sent a check by the warranty company. Give him the name of the person at the warranty company you spoke to, the date you spoke to them and the date the check was sent.

Tell the dealer that if you aren't paid very quickly ( offer to pick up a check a.s.a.p. ) then you will file a complaint with the CT Dept of Consumer Affairs and will also write a letter to the editor in your local newspaper for publication on the opinion page.

The dealer hasn't a leg to stand on and he will know it. If he doesn't follow through quickly, then file that complaint and write that letter. The thought of bad publicity often works wonders and the state will follow through on any complaints quickly.

Also let him know you will take him to small claims court if necessary and ask the court to have him pay your court costs also as he won't win.

The manager will blame everyone in the shop except himself but you should get paid quickly.
Great advice.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:16 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,006,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Interesting. I never had extended warranties so don't know much about them.
Yea it really is a great selling point. Think about it...you can look someone in the eye purchasing a used car and say "if anything bumper to bumper breaks for the next 40-50K miles or whatever it's fixed at no cost to you." It takes all the risk for the buyer out of the equation really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow wind View Post

Good advice, but just one thing to try first. Call the CT DMV dealer and repair division and let them know what the dealership is doing. I can guarantee you, after one call from the DMV they will have a check waiting for you at the receptionist desk.

And to add to it, I would have the warranty company fax you documentation that the dealership was reimbursed. Take that documentation, and the small claim file sheet with you and put them both on the table. I would say, you got this. (verification of payment) I expect a check to be cut now, or I file this as soon as I leave here (Small claims form already filed out.) and submit this (Letter to the consumer protection agency) and this http://www.ct.gov/dmv/LIB/dmv/20/29/K-35.pdf (Complaint form for the CT DMV dealer and repairer division.).

You'll get your money.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:03 AM

3 posts, read 4,069 times
I am having this same issue with VW of Hartford, aka Euro Performance Cars. I am at the point now where i will need to look into legal action. Im dealing with Warranty Solutions also, they say VW of Hartford is supposed to cut a check to Ally Financial, my loan holder. It's been around 60 days since the Warranty was cancelled (i had been trying to get VW of Hartford to cancel it for months and they didn't, so i had to do it myself directly with Warranty Solutions). Now i just need them to refund and they aren't doing it, they keep saying they will then never do over and over. The amount is $1,400. To make things harder i live in PA and traveled to CT to buy the car because it was rare.

OP, what was the resolution to this? Did you ever get the refund?

Old 05-21-2014, 05:40 AM

193 posts, read 372,589 times
To stack on to JViello's post...you may want to call the dealer and talk to the manager and let him/her know that unless he gets you the check today, you will be contacting the DMV division that JViello mentioned. Also inform him/her that you will be filing a complaint with the BBB and will be posting scathing reviews of their company on every social media / review site out there (specifically mention Yelp, Google reviews, cars.com, etc.). And then you'll be taking them to small claims court.

Just making it clear to him/her that you're familiar with these things and are going to not just "go away quietly" may light a fire under them.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:10 AM

370 posts, read 608,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
File a complaint on BBB.org.
What will this do? BBB is by far the biggest scam & joke in America.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:20 PM

713 posts, read 760,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanGuy23 View Post
I am having this same issue with VW of Hartford, aka Euro Performance Cars. I am at the point now where i will need to look into legal action. Im dealing with Warranty Solutions also, they say VW of Hartford is supposed to cut a check to Ally Financial, my loan holder. It's been around 60 days since the Warranty was cancelled (i had been trying to get VW of Hartford to cancel it for months and they didn't, so i had to do it myself directly with Warranty Solutions). Now i just need them to refund and they aren't doing it, they keep saying they will then never do over and over. The amount is $1,400. To make things harder i live in PA and traveled to CT to buy the car because it was rare.

OP, what was the resolution to this? Did you ever get the refund?
I found the name of the owner and called him. I told him I would bring him to court and expose the dealership's practices to everyone if he didn't pay me. I got a check via FEDEX 2 days later, no joke.

Those scumbags already got your money from Warranty solutions. Just another example dealerships will try to rip you off anyway possible. You just might have to file court papers and then they will proabably pay you then, but the filing and going to court is a big hassle.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:21 PM

713 posts, read 760,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHusky1 View Post
What will this do? BBB is by far the biggest scam & joke in America.
Agree, BBB is worthless.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:37 PM

91 posts, read 171,590 times
You *might* want to check with the State Insurance Comm'r since most car warranties are a form of insurance....worth a try.

Marc

Old 05-23-2014, 09:40 AM

3 posts, read 4,069 times
After being called over and over by Warranty Solutions, (2 weeks ago) a check was apparently mailed out to Ally.

Predictably, Ally never got a check. VW of Hartford did email me a copy of the check, and said it hadn't cleared. I called Ally and they said they never got a check.

So that's where we are now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut