Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2012, 06:48 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,635,538 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I am perusing a very long list of Best Places to Live in Connecticut that I found in Connecticut Magazine:

Best Places to Live in Connecticut

It is quite a nice list but lacks details, so I thought I might ask members of this forum what is their opinion on what place in Fairfield or New Haven counties has the best compromise between safety, affordability (I am looking for a 2br, 1.5 bath condo or rental apartment in a hi-rise or mid-rise), leisure, downtown area, and diversity. Schools are of no concern.

Thanks for the suggestions.

P.S. Friendly middle aged community would be a big plus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 07:30 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,808,235 times
Milford, no question.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:20 PM

156 posts, read 278,371 times
Stratford or Milford. Both can be pricey though.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:56 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. Milford comes up quite often. From the photos I've seen, it seems to be a beautiful town. I'm going to read up more about it and see what type of housing is available. I will probably want to initially rent and then purchase a condo. I'll also check out Stratford. Thanks again.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:49 PM

21,790 posts, read 28,153,161 times
I agree. For affordability, downtown, leisure (tons of beaches and parks and easy NYC access) and many other reasons Milford is a great choice. On the other side of New Haven, Branford could be considered. It's almost like a smaller version of Milford.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:34 AM

327 posts, read 1,120,165 times
Milford!!!

Old 05-06-2012, 08:34 PM

34,969 posts, read 57,045,368 times
You are asking a very broad question that would really need more information to answer. First where will you be working? The location might help narrow the community choices.

You say you want a mid or high rise. Highrises are mostly located in the larger cities like Stamford, Bridgeport or New Haven. If that is the living situation you want then I would say look in one of those communities. Midrises can be found in many communities. Milford being one of them. Jay

Old 05-06-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
You are asking a very broad question that would really need more information to answer. First where will you be working? The location might help narrow the community choices.

You say you want a mid or high rise. Highrises are mostly located in the larger cities like Stamford, Bridgeport or New Haven. If that is the living situation you want then I would say look in one of those communities. Midrises can be found in many communities. Milford being one of them. Jay
My wife and I are retired and very active (dancing, tennis, table tennis, walking, bridge, etc.) so schools and commuting is not an issue, though we would like to drive around for day trips and make frequent trips to Manhattan and our family in Brooklyn, Queens, and LI.

Mid-rises work for us but we are use to hi-rises and the associated amenities. If Milford has mid-rises and is a good option then we will definitely check it out. Thanks!

Old 05-06-2012, 09:02 PM

21,790 posts, read 28,153,161 times
Downtown Milford has a few complexes within walking distance to the train station, beaches, tennis courts, baseball/basketball facilities, restaurants, coffee shop, hiking trails, parks, a nice green, etc. Lots of sidewalks so you can pretty much walk to everything.

Spinnaker Apartments has some new ones (Prospect Falls and Metro Point) that are now filling up. They are upscale complexes, and their proximity to the train station makes them a little pricier, but you really can't beat the setting: Milford Living | Spinnaker Apartments

Metro Point (right on the harbor): http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...ental=1&row=49

Last edited by Stylo; 05-06-2012 at 09:14 PM..

Old 05-06-2012, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Downtown Milford has a few complexes within walking distance to the train station, beaches, tennis courts, baseball/basketball facilities, restaurants, coffee shop, hiking trails, parks, a nice green, etc. Lots of sidewalks so you can pretty much walk to everything.

Spinnaker Apartments has some new ones (Prospect Falls and Metro Point) that are now filling up. They are upscale complexes, and their proximity to the train station makes them a little pricier, but you really can't beat the setting: Milford Living | Spinnaker Apartments

Metro Point (right on the harbor): http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...ental=1&row=49
Thanks much for the info and the suggestions. We will be checking them out when we visit Milford. Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut