Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2007, 09:37 AM

2 posts, read 15,163 times

Advertisements

There are pretty much 3-4 reasonable and safe Condo developments in Hartford:

Bushnell Towers - built in 69...ran down...with major assessments and high condo fees. Units are small too. But it's right in the down town which does not give you much in Hartford other than 3 min walk to Travelers. 24 security guard.

Linden - built in 1890 as a condo. Nice brownstone place. We lived there and place offers very cozy condos. Poorly managed - which translates into huge assesments and more to come. Besides....there are restoraunts on the first floor - i.e. smells, noise. 24 security guard. We moved out because there are no 3BRs. And moved to Riverpoint, right on the river (see below).

Allyn Place and Goodwin Estates - condo/condo types of places. Priced above 500K + high condo fees and no security.

Riverpoint - We moved to The Riverpoint because it has 3BR, 1,600 sq.ft condos and building is 17 stories high. Actually, the building is located in "East Hartford" but right on the water which makes this building closer than any other condos to the down-town. There is a 20+ acres park, right on the footsteps of the building with running and bicycle trail. Perfect view. Building is very well maintained and managed.

We are selling our condo now....due to relocation to Boston. Place like Riverpoint ...in Boston starts at 1.5 million.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 09:39 AM

2 posts, read 15,163 times
Default The Riverpoint (Hartford downtown)

And here is a link....there are quite a fiew for sale now, due to several trusts and relocations that took place in the builsing the supply is a bit up....

Condo fees are high but include EVERYTHING....including even cable, swimmping pool...gym...24/7 security....2 car indor garage....heat, ac...etc.

ERA Broder Group Real Estate - West Hartford Connecticut Real Estate - Real Estate Listings Search - Page 1

Old 11-13-2007, 12:28 PM
hfd

47 posts, read 246,880 times
There is also the Metropolitan, which is brand new. There are some new loft condos being built right now at the old American Airlines building on Main Street.
Also consider the brownstones in the Capitol/Buckingham area in SoDo, near the Linden.
Riverpoint is beautiful, but kind of isolated. Oddly, the town of East Hartford has shot down any plans to build more condos in that area. Riverpoint is an island in an industrial park.

Old 11-13-2007, 12:43 PM

311 posts, read 1,823,963 times
This thread shouldn't even be continuing since the OP has already indicated that their plans changed and they are no longer moving to CT....but....

hfd - the brownstowns in the area you referenced above were already mentioned early in the thread and actually looked at by the OP. Also, with your refererence to Riverpoint, true that there is a lot of industry in that area, but riverpoint is more closely tied to the riverfront park, acres of woods and walking paths. Riverpoint also gives you access to Hartford by foot/bike or car quite easily so I wouldn't say its isolated. Goodwin colleges plans to clean-up and build right along the riverfront so its likely that more will pop up in that area in the coming years.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 6,613 times
I am getting ready to buy a condo in the metropolitan building love the units there and the location.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:29 AM

34,918 posts, read 56,903,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDRE1212 View Post
I am getting ready to buy a condo in the metropolitan building love the units there and the location.
Congratulations. Let us know how you like living there. Jay

Old 01-14-2015, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,870 times
Exclamation River point condos East Hartford/downtown

I know these threads are now somewhat outdated (maybe) but if any of you see this please reply regarding the river pointe condos. My fiancé and I are considering as he loves the location, and view but we are a bit under experienced when it comes to condo living and for that reason we are looking to rent for now. IS this possible at this type of location? Have any of you experienced it or know the answer regarding renting a condo at river pointe if it is available? feel free to post or shoot me an email with any info thanks!!

Old 01-14-2015, 06:37 PM

625 posts, read 2,049,834 times
There are sometimes units available for rent in the building, usually around ~$2000/month. That rent does include heat/central air, access to the gym and pool and secured parking. There is one unit available now for $1950/month.

Old 01-15-2015, 04:39 AM

43,631 posts, read 44,355,249 times
There are nice condos at Goodwin Circle which is in Hartford close to the West Hartford border.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:34 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,417,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautylover33 View Post
I know these threads are now somewhat outdated (maybe) but if any of you see this please reply regarding the river pointe condos. My fiancé and I are considering as he loves the location, and view but we are a bit under experienced when it comes to condo living and for that reason we are looking to rent for now. IS this possible at this type of location? Have any of you experienced it or know the answer regarding renting a condo at river pointe if it is available? feel free to post or shoot me an email with any info thanks!!
As mentioned above, River Point does do some rentals. A work acquaintance of mine lives there and I remember him saying it is 80% owner occupied. The condo HOA fees are pretty high in that building but I think it includes everything but electricity, if I remember correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut