Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 11:13 AM

361 posts, read 385,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
According to blakesq, you must be a liberal.

Well, a worn-out liberal

Old 04-03-2013, 11:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Don't make no matter. Don't mean nothing.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:08 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Actually it does mean something. It means one psycho can frighten witless a whole State Legislature. So you have banned high capacity magazines cause without them no one could ever shoot 150 rounds in five minutes. Last time I tried I could shoot 7 aimed rounds from a Colt 1911 .45 cal pistol every 15 seconds including reloading the pistol. That is 28 rounds per minute or just under 150 rounds in 5 minutes. High capacity magazines are not required for mass slaughter. This law is nothing but a "See we did SOMETHING law" that does not decrease the risk for any of us from a crazed killer.

On another forum discussing the Second Amendment I made this comment". I stand by my words.

“I believe the 2nd Amendment guarantees the Natural Right of a Free Citizen to own the tools of self defense and the military of his time to defend themselves, their families and their country from criminal assault or political tyranny.”

Last edited by GregW; 04-03-2013 at 12:09 PM.. Reason: change font

Old 04-03-2013, 01:58 PM

31 posts, read 126,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagiel69 View Post
Why is everybody so up in arms??? Of course we need a knee jerk reaction to new town
20 beautiful lives were lost .. Look at countries like england ireland Germany etc all have
Complete gun control and are much better for it, much less violent culture and if u look at the statistics all most no gun deaths ever !! Even the police over there don't carry guns unless absolutely needed, I can only hope and prey we eventually become like them in that regard.
Well, thank God we aren't like Europe. We actually have a Bill of Rights. Complete gun control and banning goes directly against our 2nd Amendment. I couldn't care less about the police "over there" and them not carrying guns. Fortunately, we're not that stupid a society...yet.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:00 PM

442 posts, read 455,906 times
Can anyone post the text or a link to it? I tried unsuccessfully to find it. I would like to read it in its entirety before forming an opinion.

Much obliged,

El Scorcho

Old 04-03-2013, 02:04 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forummer View Post
Well, thank God we aren't like Europe. We actually have a Bill of Rights. Complete gun control and banning goes directly against our 2nd Amendment. I couldn't care less about the police "over there" and them not carrying guns. Fortunately, we're not that stupid a society...yet.
Good grief.

Europe's certainly no panacea, but in many places we could learn a thing or two from how they do things. The post-industrial German economy certainly is something to envy. Europeans are much more healthy overall-- less overweight-- less disabled. The crime rate and murder rate in much of Europe is certainly lower than ours. Our incarceration rates are atrocious. Don't get me started on technologization and education...

THe US is my country. I'm proud to be American. I think our country does a great many things right... But I wouldn't put down Europe either...

Old 04-03-2013, 02:25 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Scorcho View Post
Can anyone post the text or a link to it? I tried unsuccessfully to find it. I would like to read it in its entirety before forming an opinion.

Much obliged,

El Scorcho
AN ACT CONCERNING GUN VIOLENCE PREVENTION AND CHILDREN'S SAFETY.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:30 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,219,603 times
Quote:
You need to stop burying your head in a 200 year old piece of paper
Yeah I'm really sure the founding fathers meant for suburban mothers and their crazy sons to be able to aquire automatic weaponry to go and shoot up innocent children , and as far as Europe is concerned they have much better less violent society
Don't thousands of lawyers bury their heads in it daily?

Old 04-03-2013, 02:34 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Don't thousands of lawyers bury their heads in it daily?
Seems like they'd be too busy "marketing"

Old 04-03-2013, 05:01 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,923,584 times
Quote:
You need to stop burying your head in a 200 year old piece of paper
Yeah I'm really sure the founding fathers meant for suburban mothers and their crazy sons to be able to aquire automatic weaponry to go and shoot up innocent children , and as far as Europe is concerned they have much better less violent society
That 200 year old piece of paper is the lynchpin of the greatest experiment in human history. Do you realize the significance of your ridiculous statement? Unfortunately, i believe more and more people take your viewpoint and it will lead to further erosion of our ability to lead unfettered lives in the country. It wont be long until a brilliant legislator proposes all weapons shall be single fire. Just like a musket. Oh, and please get your terminology correct; it's semi-automatic. Theres a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut