Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 05:28 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Sorry but Route 1 is an eyesore from Bridgeport to Branford.

^^^Fixed it for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 07:11 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,094,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Orange has very good schools, but i'm a bit confused. The 2 Br. units on their website are all >$2000 month.

You are correct. I always found that complex to be crazy expensive. It's nice, but a crappy location IMO. But that's what people will pay for rentals in a town with highly ranked schools. Schooner Wharf/Prospect Falls setting is so much nicer it's ridiculous. I also don't understand the appeal of Avalon Milford or Avalon Orange. Other ones in a horrible spot.

Here are some local prices:

Avalon Orange - EveryAptMapped - Orange, CT Apartments
Grand Reserve Orange - EveryAptMapped - Orange, CT Apartments
Prospect Falls - EveryAptMapped - Milford, CT Apartments
Schooner Warf - EveryAptMapped - Milford, CT Apartments

Old 05-14-2013, 04:32 AM

4,319 posts, read 4,206,586 times
Cheshire in fact reminds me of Plainsboro. Great schools and programs. More than other towns. BTW, my company representated Plainsboro during the construction of the Plainsboro library, so we have so familiarity with that town.

Old 05-18-2013, 04:23 PM

68 posts, read 196,006 times
Default Moving from Princeton

I've passed through Princeton many times and was born in NJ so I know that area. Princeton is gorgeous. I have also frequented the Yale area, but not in terms of housing. You have to be careful of some areas around New Haven. I don't think any of the towns around here are too similar to the Princeton area, especially Milford (not to downplay its advantages, but in terms of Princeton). Branford is nice. I love Guilford and Madison , but that might be too far and is more country like. I hope this helps some.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:45 PM

26 posts, read 30,892 times
Thank you all for advises,
We've gone to the area next weekend to see the places and a few houses.
We liked Milford and Woodbridge with the view of West Rock and a few parks and ponds.
And we've found a cute single family house and will rent it for the first year.
Will see how it goes. Kids seem to be excited.
Thank you all again for suggestions.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:19 PM

51 posts, read 97,739 times
I haven't explored much but the Boston post rd in Milford was pretty ugly. From the mall onward past Costco.... it just creates lots of congestion. The one time I went to Costco I had never seen so many people there in my life lol

Old 05-23-2013, 11:10 PM

26 posts, read 30,892 times
I think we hanged out more in downtown Milford, Is Boston Post Road a Rt1?

Old 05-24-2013, 07:25 AM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danamer View Post
I think we hanged out more in downtown Milford, Is Boston Post Road a Rt1?
Yes. While traffic is bad along it, you will find a wide variety of stores, restaurants and entertainment along it. Unfortunately you need to take the bad with the good. Jay

Old 05-24-2013, 07:30 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exzacklyright View Post
I haven't explored much but the Boston post rd in Milford was pretty ugly. From the mall onward past Costco.... it just creates lots of congestion. The one time I went to Costco I had never seen so many people there in my life lol
Welcome to CT, one of the most congested states in the country!

I agree that the Post Rd is very ugly. That being said, have you strayed off the road a bit into downtown Milford, and see what it has to offer in the way of nightlife? It gets pretty wild (in a good way) on a warm, summer weekend night.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:40 AM

21,758 posts, read 28,094,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danamer View Post
Thank you all for advises,
We've gone to the area next weekend to see the places and a few houses.
We liked Milford and Woodbridge with the view of West Rock and a few parks and ponds.
And we've found a cute single family house and will rent it for the first year.
Will see how it goes. Kids seem to be excited.
Thank you all again for suggestions.
Sounds like a nice spot in Woodbridge, is there where you are renting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut