Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 09:16 AM

284 posts, read 534,428 times

Advertisements

Can anybody recommend some good Thai and Vietnamese restaurants around Fairfield? Also, are there any Korean places around other than Edo in Norwalk? I miss my Asian food fixes from NYC. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2013, 11:30 AM

21,760 posts, read 28,094,478 times
For Thai: King & I in Bridgeport is solid. Rainbow Thai in Westport. Taste of Thai in Milford. Mai Thai in Orange. In New Haven, Rice Pot is fantastic. Thai Awesome in Hamden is very good too.

There is another recent thread specifically around Vietnamese food, so I won't get into detail on that. Do a search. I thought that the Vietnamese place in Stratford was decent, and I really liked Pho Vietnam in Danbury. But apparently the best Vietnamese is in Bridgeport.

Another place to try is Chao in New Haven. It's pan-Asian, but with a Taiwanese twist. Very good. Also, there's an excellent Vietnamese cart on Cedar Street near Yale New Haven Hospital. Right next to him is a fantastic Korean cart.

For Chinese, Lao Sze Chuan in Milford and Taste of China in New Haven are good. I hear Great Wall in New Haven is great for dim sum. I also like York Street Noodle House for a basic noodle dive.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:46 AM

399 posts, read 851,333 times
Eli, there's a huge thread on Vietnamese food that you should go through, but I think by far and wide the best is Pho Saigon on Iranistan Ave in Bridgeport. It's similar in decor and menu to Pho Bang on Mott Street, although not in the best of hoods. Skip the place in Stratford though. Definitely check out Lao Szechaun in Milford, we go there at least once or twice a month, sometimes weekly. It's that good, and easily on par with almost anything in Flushing for non hot pot dishes. We went to Taste of Thai in Milford once - was ok, solid but not like the places in the city. Also check out Great Wall in New Haven for Dim Sum, we go there often as well.

p.s. Stylo, I don't think we've specifically discussed Thai - might have to check your pics this weekend.
p.p.s. Eli, it's worth checking out any place Stylo recommends.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:53 AM

Thanks for the recommendations. Can't wait to try these places. So nothing in Fairfield proper, huh? I noticed several Asian places on Post Road - anything notable?

Old 11-21-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elinyc View Post
Thanks for the recommendations. Can't wait to try these places. So nothing in Fairfield proper, huh? I noticed several Asian places on Post Road - anything notable?
Wild Rice isn't bad. Sweet Basil is pretty bad, IMO. In Westport, Pink Sumo and Tengda have good sushi. Have you tried the new Mecha Noodle Bar? I've heard mixed things. Apparently the owner is from Pho Vietnam in Danbury.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Have you tried the new Mecha Noodle Bar? I've heard mixed things. Apparently the owner is from Pho Vietnam in Danbury.
No, I haven't yet, but it's on my list! For tonight, I'm craving a good spicy tom yum soup (preferably from somewhere close that delivers).

Old 11-21-2013, 12:08 PM

Oops. King & I does have a Fairfield location.

Edit: Nvm. Closed. I guess the Bridgeport one is still there.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:10 PM

This sounds interesting: Royal House Cambodia Cuisine - Fairfield, CT

Old 11-21-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Yeah, I was just looking at it on yelp. Sounds interesting, but I think a lot of the flavors are more Indian than they are Thai.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:08 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,207,659 times
Thai House in Orange is excellent!!!! We go there a lot. Friendly staff and awesome food.
www.thaihouseorange.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut