Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 05:32 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILF View Post
Ut um. Let me introduce you to the word Benghazi...
Is your continued push for impeachment working out?

Another fake scandal...Where were you when 12 embassies/consulates were attacked during the Bush regime?

Old 05-02-2014, 06:11 PM

363 posts, read 635,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Is your continued push for impeachment working out?

Another fake scandal...Where were you when 12 embassies/consulates were attacked during the Bush regime?
Stop putting words in my mouth. When have I ever said Obummer should be impeached? I don't remember sorry excuses and cover ups with the othe embassy's. Remember it was anti-Muslim movie that started these spontaneous attacks in Libya?

Last edited by JayCT; 05-03-2014 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: Removed Name Calling

Old 05-02-2014, 06:15 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelizard860 View Post
That's only a "scandal" for people who watch fox news. Not the primary voters in the democratic party.
Uhhh, you do realize that there are a lot of liberal democrats who work at Fox News, right??? Dennis Kucinich, Alan Colmes, Wesley Clark, etc, just to name a few.

If Fox News is so far right, how come it has higher ratings than CNN and MSNBC, COMBINE??

Are you being lazy or dishonest by taking cheap shots FNC, or both??

Old 05-02-2014, 06:25 PM

Yeah they never say a word about how far left that drowning news organization MSNBC is?!?!

Old 05-02-2014, 06:40 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,953,214 times
Hillary will be the next president, period. There are no Republican potential candidates that are going to appeal to the majority of Americans in 2016, with a rapidly shrinking white population, and virtually every swing state these days swings in favor of the Democrat. Income inequality will be the #1 election issue and the Democratic party is well prepared to have the upper hand on that issue. Also, Republicans seem to STILL be opposed to gay marriage and women's reproductive rights. These two issues alone will cost them the election.

The Republican party is a sharply divided mess right now. There are the more libertarian types and the more Tea Party types. On the other hand, the Democratic party is more unified with a more consistent, common following.

Jeb Bush, Rand Paul and Marco Rubio are all sad excuses for candidates.

Hillary, Bernie Sanders and Biden would all make great presidents.

Last edited by nep321; 05-02-2014 at 06:51 PM..

Old 05-02-2014, 06:50 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,398,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post

If Fox News is so far right, how come it has higher ratings than CNN and MSNBC, COMBINE??
Jerry Springer also had great ratings. What does ratings have to do with being a legitimate good unbiased news organization? Ratings has more to do with entertainment.IE right wing screaming matches on fox news reminds me of springer and maury. It's trash tv. lol

Old 05-02-2014, 06:55 PM

457 posts, read 905,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Hillary will be the next president, period. There are no Republican potential candidates that are going to appeal to the majority of Americans in 2016, with a rapidly shrinking white population, and virtually every swing state these days swings in favor of the Democrat. Income inequality will be the #1 election issue and the Democratic party is well prepared to have the upper hand on that issue. Also, Republicans seem to STILL be opposed to gay marriage and women's reproductive rights. These two issues alone will cost them the election.

The Republican party is a sharply divided mess right now. There are the more libertarian types and the more Tea Party types. On the other hand, the Democratic party is more unified with a more consistent, common following.

Jeb Bush, Rand Paul and Marco Rubio are all sad excuses for candidates.

Hillary, Bernie Sanders and Biden would all make great presidents.
Hillary might be a more competent President than the wimp we have now, but Bernie Sanders or Biden? Whatever

Old 05-02-2014, 06:56 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,398,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FILF View Post
Yeah they never say a word about how far left that drowning news organization MSNBC is?!?!
Fox news is NOT news. It's opinion. O'relly ranting and raving is not news. It's pure opinion. Also, I'm not sure I'd call most of what msnbc airs as news. CNN is more a pure 24 hour news channel. Msnbc Is just reasonable fantastic political conjecture, unlike the trash and lies on fox news. I wouldn't call it far left on majority of issues. Obvious democratic bias though. They don't hide that. Like I said, a political opinion channel. They did a great documentary on the lies that led to the Iraq war. They really have some great analysis on there. I do think their executives at msnbc are way to quick to fire their tv hosts. Alec baldwin being a prime example. Same with oberman and the indian guy. They never should have been fired.

Old 05-02-2014, 06:56 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
Uhhh, you do realize that there are a lot of liberal democrats who work at Fox News, right??? Dennis Kucinich, Alan Colmes, Wesley Clark, etc, just to name a few.

Are you being lazy or dishonest by taking cheap shots FNC, or both??
Are you really arguing that Fox news isn't far right?

It has higher rating because it constantly feeds red meat to the angry, old, far right wing base who watches it 24-7 to justify their outrage. Fox and right wing talk radio has been a very damaging force in American politics by lowering the bar for what's acceptable debate, and putting politics ahead of truth. Every network has some level of bias-- mostly due to the corporate ownership of the networks-- but Fox is in a category all it's own.

If you want to live in Fox News' version of "reality" that's your choice. But, you only look disingenuous yourself when you pretend there is no bias.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Are you really arguing that Fox news isn't far right?

It has higher rating because it constantly feeds red meat to the angry, old, far right wing base who watches it 24-7 to justify their outrage. Fox and right wing talk radio has been a very damaging force in American politics by lowering the bar for what's acceptable debate, and putting politics ahead of truth. Every network has some level of bias-- mostly due to the corporate ownership of the networks-- but Fox is in a category all it's own.

If you want to live in Fox News' version of "reality" that's your choice. But, you only look disingenuous yourself when you pretend there is no bias.
I don't watch Fox News nor do I put any faith in any of the cable news networks. They have all been busted for editing interviews, all of them lie, and all of them have an extreme right and left agenda. Matter of fact, all the news even local news suck and don't deliver real news anymore. It's all about ratings and they all help to destroy this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: