Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM

10,111 posts, read 14,985,985 times

Advertisements

I recently heard that the CD forums are going away. Though it isn’t clear to me if this is just a rumor or more serious (the post was removed, perhaps this isn’t serious?), it brought to light that the CT forums will disappear too.

Perhaps CT needs its one website/forum in case sonething happen to CD? I think this is the most active forum on CT in the internet, though it could be I simply don’t know if there are others.

Hopefully one of the moderators can clarify if this is just a rumor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:19 AM

21,770 posts, read 28,108,607 times
Where’d you hear this?

I’ve heard nothing of the sorts.

It did always strike me that the forums are completely ad free. A few small banner ads wouldn’t hurt if it helps sustainability.

Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,980,181 times
Nope. I’ve heard nothing of that, but will check further. JayCT, Moderator

Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,980,181 times
I just checked the Moderator’s Forum and there is talk there of an upcoming temporary shutdown for a program upgrade but no date has been announced. We had these in the past and they’ve only lasted a couple hours. No one even noticed them. JayCT, Moderator

Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM

1,729 posts, read 1,149,578 times
Well that's good it's likely a false rumor. There's always the CT Reddit page but......yeah it's Reddit. A troll's paradise.

Old Today, 06:14 AM

83,540 posts, read 75,373,979 times
CD has been a diary for my weather and Garden posts. I often look back at it too.

I wish there was a way to save all the posts and threads.

Old Today, 06:25 AM

11,305 posts, read 18,899,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Where’d you hear this?

I’ve heard nothing of the sorts.

It did always strike me that the forums are completely ad free. A few small banner ads wouldn’t hurt if it helps sustainability.

I think if you go into CD forums without logging in you'll see banner ads.

Yeah, I've heard CT is one of the most used forums on the US Forums (not all of CD of course, things like Politics and Other Controversies and Unemployment get much much more traffic).

I know there's a LOT more going on here than in the Westchester forum.....(though the NYC forum is pretty lively)

Old Today, 07:23 PM

10,876 posts, read 4,551,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I just checked the Moderator’s Forum and there is talk there of an upcoming temporary shutdown for a program upgrade but no date has been announced. We had these in the past and they’ve only lasted a couple hours. No one even noticed them. JayCT, Moderator

couple days ago there was a persistent troll who got on and blast published to many boards something about the fbi shuttiing it down and various mods going to prison etc.

I brought it up to 2 of the mentioned mods and they killed it.

Old Today, 07:52 PM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times
You know you follow UConn womens basketball when you read this and think "Chris Dailey & the Connecticut Forum." Hey, Geno calls her CD a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut