Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 02:38 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times

Advertisements

Armyvet, based on your previous posts, I think you'll really like Seymour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 03:02 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,387,469 times
My budget?

Wife and I clear about 5,120 dollars a month. We don't have a lot of bills, have about 50,000 in portfolio savings, and I have my veterans homeloan certification which being a veteran certain advantages like doing my home owners insurance through USAA, not needing any money, government backs the veterans loans with a 36,000 dollar guarantee, so these are the things I got on my side. I have decent credit and work very hard, I'm not afraid to get dirty.

USAA is a great company started by veterans for veterans, currently my auto insurance is through them, they gave me a better deal then Geico. If USAA stays true to their commitment and beliefs I will continue to use them.

Anyways what Connecticut can offer me or what I can offer it I'm not really sure yet, but based on everyone's opinions and advice, Seymour seems to have what I was looking for in a New England lifestyle.

I want the beauty, the fall festivals, the orchards and farms. I'm not looking for the New York City of Connecticut, I'm looking for the New England of Connecticut. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and insights.

Old 10-07-2014, 03:03 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
The great thing about Seymour is it's commutable to jobs in Fairfield/New Haven County while still feeling somewhat removed from the metros.

Old 10-07-2014, 03:07 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Orange is an upscale suburban community. It is pricey and not what I think you are looking for. The other towns seem to be what you want. Jay

Old 10-07-2014, 03:50 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,491,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Armyvet, based on your previous posts, I think you'll really like Seymour.
Plus 1. Seymour is a great town.

Old 10-07-2014, 04:22 PM

Connecticut has something for everyone it would seem. I've seen some pretty affordable homes, the folks who condemn the place must be either buying homes in high priced areas or trying to keep up with the Joans's.

So Seymour Connecticut what do you have? It's family night and we want to go out for pizza, who do you recommend?

Old 10-07-2014, 04:24 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,341,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyvet1 View Post
Connecticut has something for everyone it would seem. I've seen some pretty affordable homes, the folks who condemn the place must be either buying homes in high priced areas or trying to keep up with the Joans's.

So Seymour Connecticut what do you have? It's family night and we want to go out for pizza, who do you recommend?
My recommendation from earlier would be Zois' Pizza.

You also have the option of heading to Ansonia for Santini's Pizza, and can one that up even more by heading to New Haven!

Old 10-07-2014, 06:37 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,865,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Orange is an upscale suburban community. It is pricey and not what I think you are looking for. The other towns seem to be what you want. Jay

Orange isn't really "upscale", IMHO. It's like Trumbull and Monroe. Nice communities with primarily single-family housing units and very good schools. Above-average? Certainly. Upscale? Not quite.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:09 PM

I saw that the town had a theater, they do anything with it?

Old 10-07-2014, 07:35 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,181,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyvet1 View Post
My budget?

Wife and I clear about 5,120 dollars a month. We don't have a lot of bills, have about 50,000 in portfolio savings, and I have my veterans homeloan certification which being a veteran certain advantages like doing my home owners insurance through USAA, not needing any money, government backs the veterans loans with a 36,000 dollar guarantee, so these are the things I got on my side. I have decent credit and work very hard, I'm not afraid to get dirty.

USAA is a great company started by veterans for veterans, currently my auto insurance is through them, they gave me a better deal then Geico. If USAA stays true to their commitment and beliefs I will continue to use them.

Anyways what Connecticut can offer me or what I can offer it I'm not really sure yet, but based on everyone's opinions and advice, Seymour seems to have what I was looking for in a New England lifestyle.

I want the beauty, the fall festivals, the orchards and farms. I'm not looking for the New York City of Connecticut, I'm looking for the New England of Connecticut. Thanks everyone for your thoughts and insights.
There is no New York City in CT, its in New York
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut