Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 09:12 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,889,460 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else in CT getting incessant cell calls from this vacation scam robocall?

This is getting annoying, as i can't block the call on my cell. I guess it's a good time to upgrade my phone......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 09:33 AM

2,249 posts, read 2,212,716 times
Not from this one but I had one from a 787 area code a few months ago that was really annoying and I blocked it on the cell.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:36 AM

7,528 posts, read 13,659,709 times
Got one on my cell 2 weeks ago. Hung up as soon as the robo-voice said "Carribean Cruise". Didn't save the number.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:06 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,365,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
Is anyone else in CT getting incessant cell calls from this vacation scam robocall?

This is getting annoying, as i can't block the call on my cell. I guess it's a good time to upgrade my phone......
Blocking it won't actually help. By and large, scammers like this spoof the ANI that shows up on your caller ID. They'll rotate the spoofed number as well. Ever try to call them back?

We'd had a serious problem where the Home Security System scammers would call, and their dialer would automatically try every number possible. Since the dialer where I work has a "block" of reachable numbers, such as 1901, 1902, etc., they would call 20-30 times a day. Because they would change their ANI, the numbers couldn't be called back. And what's worse is that they wouldn't even give us the name of their business. We actually had to pretend to be interested and schedule an "appointment" with one of their contractors before that person would give us a callback number and business name. Once we had that, we were able to threaten to charge them for each real inbound call they were preventing us from taking.

And that was the only thing that stopped it.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:30 PM

470 posts, read 1,668,181 times
I get this, home solar, and lower my interest rate constantly. It has gotten really bad in the last few months. They are all scams trying to get personal info and aren't legitimate businesses. You can't report them because they don't exist. My best course of action is waste their time as long as possible and see how long I can keep them on the phone for.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:15 PM

214 posts, read 180,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydez View Post
I get this, home solar, and lower my interest rate constantly. It has gotten really bad in the last few months. They are all scams trying to get personal info and aren't legitimate businesses. You can't report them because they don't exist. My best course of action is waste their time as long as possible and see how long I can keep them on the phone for.
I get these calls all the time. I also get the people claiming to be from Microsoft saying my computer had a virus and they want me to give them access to it....unreal!

Old 10-28-2014, 03:01 PM

21,658 posts, read 31,284,695 times
Yep, I got the call from this number every day until I blocked the number. The first few times I got it, I did a reverse search and I think it comes back to a Waterbury based phone. Either way, I was able to block the number and I haven't gotten the calls since.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:57 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,365,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKB0925 View Post
I get these calls all the time. I also get the people claiming to be from Microsoft saying my computer had a virus and they want me to give them access to it....unreal!
Ugh! These are the worst. There's apparently spyware that does something similar, and is disguised as an anti-virus. When you get the popup someone actually calls you. Happened to my grandfather. I was so pissed. Really lucky he was smart enough to know it was BS. Not many people his age do, especially when it comes to tech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut