Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: CT Residents: Do You Support Malloy's Gun Laws?
Yes 23 48.94%
No 24 51.06%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 03:13 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,422,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
And especially in places like the West. People in places like Arizona, Nevada, Wyoming and Montana LOVE their guns.
Actually guns are a part of life and sport basically everywhere but the Northeast not counting ME, NH and VT. There's also no shortage in CT, Most of NY excluding the NYC metro area. The difference is nobody talks about it.

Old 11-18-2014, 04:20 PM

468 posts, read 523,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snatale1 View Post

Your right, there still isn't such a thing. "Assault Weapon" was a term invented by politicians to ban COSMETIC features of rifles during the Clinton ban. Also back then, the muskets and flint lock pistols that private citizens had were EQUAL to what the Military had! We don't have that now, and nobody is asking for that either!
I'm not sure this is correct. Procuring muskets was a huge problem for the Continental Army, which it wouldn't have been if the country had been awash in muskets. Many people probably had squirrel rifles or fowling pieces, but not military-pattern muskets.

Interestingly, a feature that is often banned now, but which has no purpose- the bayonet lug- was probably a huge issue back then. I've read that when the first bayonet was put on a fire arm, it was a surprise that the result was actually quite an effective fighting tool. Especially when you have one shot...

Old 11-18-2014, 05:44 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,422,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamz View Post
I'm not sure this is correct. Procuring muskets was a huge problem for the Continental Army, which it wouldn't have been if the country had been awash in muskets. Many people probably had squirrel rifles or fowling pieces, but not military-pattern muskets.

Interestingly, a feature that is often banned now, but which has no purpose- the bayonet lug- was probably a huge issue back then. I've read that when the first bayonet was put on a fire arm, it was a surprise that the result was actually quite an effective fighting tool. Especially when you have one shot...
Agreed, my point was more about the fact that people's arms were more equal to the military then than they are now. Mainly do to ignorant people thinking that the AR-15's we own now are the same as the M16's and M4's that the Military and Police currently use because they visually look the same, ignoring the fact that they don't operate the same.

I agree though, the Bayonet lug ever being part of the "Assault Weapon" ban is laughable! You'd think that we had some surge of Rifle mounted bayonet stabbings in this country or something! LOL! But they also made adjustable stocks part of the ban, so by their way of thinking it's also dangerous that different people have different length arms

Old 11-18-2014, 06:03 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,949,724 times
Malloy can do no wrong. That's why I voted for him. His gun laws are just what we needed and I hope he expands the laws. I also hope he creates more laws regarding driving. He made it illegal to touch any electronic device in your vehicle, even if the vehicle is stopped. He also made it illegal to drive with snow on your vehicle, because it's a hazard. Now, I am rooting for him to make it illegal for passengers to put their feet up on the dashboard, because it's unsightly and dangerous. That should be illegal.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:17 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,576 times
Quote:
Malloy can do no wrong. That's why I voted for him. His gun laws are just what we needed and I hope he expands the laws. I also hope he creates more laws regarding driving. He made it illegal to touch any electronic device in your vehicle, even if the vehicle is stopped. He also made it illegal to drive with snow on your vehicle, because it's a hazard. Now, I am rooting for him to make it illegal for passengers to put their feet up on the dashboard, because it's unsightly and dangerous. That should be illegal.

I think men in skinny jeans and flip flops is unsightly and should be illegal. Or maybe the legal burden for society shouldn't rest on how much of an a$#hole I am?

Old 11-18-2014, 06:25 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,490,263 times
Quote:
He made such good gun laws that today 3 streets over from me this afternoon a 21 year old got shot and killed with more than likely a stolen handgun. Meanwhile, I'm currently undergoing a background check by the FBI and Connecticut State police, been finger printed and took a 20 hour fire arms safety course, but I'm the bad guy for wanted a 30-06 rifle for target practice. I'm not against background checks I support them. Tell you the truth the new law, once you understand it, makes sense and I support it.

However;

The laws did nothing but make it harder for law abiding to get buy guns/ammo. Malloy went after the small fish (law abiding citizens) but the laws did nothing to protect the inner city youths like the kid that got shot and killed today.

Old 11-18-2014, 06:33 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
He made such good gun laws that today 3 streets over from me this afternoon a 21 year old got shot and killed with more than likely a stolen handgun. Meanwhile, I'm currently undergoing a background check by the FBI and Connecticut State police, been finger printed and took a 20 hour fire arms safety course, but I'm the bad guy for wanted a 30-06 rifle for target practice. I'm not against background checks I support them. Tell you the truth the new law, once you understand it, makes sense and I support it.

However;

The laws did nothing but make it harder for law abiding to get buy guns/ammo. Malloy went after the small fish (law abiding citizens) but the laws did nothing to protect the inner city youths like the kid that got shot and killed today.
Not a single urban homeboy in all of ct has used an "assault weapon" to kill anyone in at least the last 5 years. The murder rate has not dropped since the law went into effect nor will it. How that can make " sense to you" is beyond me. The only people this law doesn't affect are the ones who actually kill people.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:27 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigequinox View Post
Not a single urban homeboy in all of ct has used an "assault weapon" to kill anyone in at least the last 5 years. The murder rate has not dropped since the law went into effect nor will it. How that can make " sense to you" is beyond me. The only people this law doesn't affect are the ones who actually kill people.
The murder rate in Newtown sure has...

So you're suggesting that we restrict weapons used by "urban homeboys"? You might talk me in to it.

The law is designed to (possibly) prevent the kind of mass killing we saw in Newtown. You're smarter than the argument you're making.

Please cite a case where a 30 round magazine was used to stop a home invasion, or for legal hunting.

No, how about a 20 round magazine?

These are weapons of war, not of self-defense. If you're deluded enough to believe that you're going to use your 30 rounds to stop the government for limiting your rights or freedom, you're too crazy to have a gun to begin with.

I support reasonable run ownership. You should be able to defend yourself... Absolutely. You should b able to hunt. You should also be responsible enough to follow the law--- even if you don't like it.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:42 PM

131 posts, read 139,368 times
Nep321: "Malloy can do no wrong. That's why I voted for him. His gun laws are just what we needed and I hope he expands the laws. I also hope he creates more laws regarding driving. He made it illegal to touch any electronic device in your vehicle, even if the vehicle is stopped. He also made it illegal to drive with snow on your vehicle, because it's a hazard. Now, I am rooting for him to make it illegal for passengers to put their feet up on the dashboard, because it's unsightly and dangerous. That should be illegal."

Honest to God you missed your calling. Is the Comedy Club still open in Norwalk? LOL

"Malloy can do no wrong".

syc·o·phant (sk-fnt, sk-)n. A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people.

"He made it illegal to touch any electronic device in your vehicle, even if the vehicle is stopped. "

Yea, that's more dangerous than the gunz. I had to stop about 15 times on I-95 today just to change the radio station.

The pile-ups behind me became so annoying, gonna need a sub woofer to drown out all that banging and clanging. Malloy needs to ban traffic accidents too while he's at it.

"I am rooting for him to make it illegal for passengers to put their feet up on the dashboard, because it's unsightly and dangerous. That should be illegal."

I still have an old ford F-150 with vent windows. There's nothing I like to do better than to stick the left foot out the vent window and the right foot on the center of my dash board. I can air out my junk like that.
Honestly, does this web site pay you to write this stuff? Seriously.I think I'm being trolled here, you sure you got 200 lb test on that reel Nep? LOL

Old 11-18-2014, 07:44 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
You should also be responsible enough to follow the law--- even if you don't like it.
Does this just apply to guns. Or do you mean all laws?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut