Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 08:07 PM

258 posts, read 456,915 times

Advertisements

I'm all for the legalized and taxed marijuana idea, that's arguably the best one. As someone that spent some time in New York, yearly car inspections are scammy. Every time I brought a car in for inspection the shop (and I used multiple shops) would always find some reason to not pass me until I paid to have it fixed.

And HELL NO to red light cameras. Look at Long Island, they have red light cameras pretty much all over the place. They make the roads worse. People stop on yellow lights, become too afraid to make a right on red, all because they don't want to get that BS automatic fine they can't fight. Red light cameras are part of the reason why Long Island is probably the only region of New York that's collapsing with a bleak future ahead, the corruption is just rampant by this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 08:21 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,951,875 times
The worst thing we could do is give this state more money. The government is like a crack addict with our money. We need to force them to get spending under control.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:31 PM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
The worst thing we could do is give this state more money. The government is like a crack addict with our money. We need to force them to get spending under control.

That might be slanderous..towards crack addicts.

Old 02-07-2016, 08:44 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
We have a neighbor with a p/u truck that has metal plates blanking off the tail lights. What's THAT all about? But who cares? CT doesn't have an inspection to register vehicles. No wipers? No horn? No turn signals? Who cares?

We already pay $20 for an "inspection" during which they plug in and read codes. Big whoop. Just add a quick safety inspection for the price. Don't charge more, just do more.

Old 02-08-2016, 04:06 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,381,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
We have a neighbor with a p/u truck that has metal plates blanking off the tail lights. What's THAT all about? But who cares? CT doesn't have an inspection to register vehicles. No wipers? No horn? No turn signals? Who cares?

We already pay $20 for an "inspection" during which they plug in and read codes. Big whoop. Just add a quick safety inspection for the price. Don't charge more, just do more.
.....this is just my point, just make it yearly

Old 02-08-2016, 10:22 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,087,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
I think CT should get red light cameras.
This is the kind of company that provides red light cameras.

Karen Finley, Ex-CEO Redflex, Pleads Guilty to Bribery | Phoenix New Times

Why do they do that? Because the vendor makes most of the money in red light cameras.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:13 PM

720 posts, read 920,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rund1987 View Post
put chips in the car any car going over 80 mph has to pay $500 fee and no contest.

lol

Old 02-08-2016, 01:14 PM

720 posts, read 920,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
You shouldn't be going 80 on any highway late or not late or any emergency. It's just attacking the people breaking the law.

let me guess..you have a prius that tops out at 70mph?

Old 02-08-2016, 02:38 PM

34,942 posts, read 56,958,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
This is the kind of company that provides red light cameras.

Karen Finley, Ex-CEO Redflex, Pleads Guilty to Bribery | Phoenix New Times

Why do they do that? Because the vendor makes most of the money in red light cameras.
Red light cameras have been proposed and shot down numerous times in Connecticut. The fear of "big brother" watching you is very high. In fact I know towns where residents were up in arms over the use of cameras for traffic detection at intersection signals. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
View detailed profiles of: