Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 10:31 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,207,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldusMagnus View Post
CEO tells CT that your tax policy is hurting us and causing us to look for options elsewhere. Conspiracy contingent: "If you believe that your eating from GE's spoon." Because clearly tax policy isn't a gargantuan corporate planning consideration and the huge tax incentives floated by MA were just window dressing, they didn't mean anything either.

Lemme ask. Is the following fact or "eating from some spoon"?: CT is at or near the bottom on various business environment factors. And if the answer is yes, then what is the natural result of that?
I don't have to be convinced that CT is an expensive and business-unfriendly state. If you look at my posting history, you'll see I've made mention of it in the past. What I don't believe is our tax hike, as described by Immelt, was the sole reason for GE's relocation (for the third time).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 10:40 AM

789 posts, read 702,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I don't have to be convinced that CT is an expensive and business-unfriendly state. If you look at my posting history, you'll see I've made mention of it in the past. What I don't believe is our tax hike, as described by Immelt, was the sole reason for GE's relocation (for the third time).
I don't believe it was the SOLE reason either as posted MULTIPLE times. Clearly Immelt in his own words didnt claim it as the SOLE reason either.

Here are his words: "Boston was selected after a careful evaluation of the business ecosystem, talent, long-term costs, quality of life for employees, connections with the world and proximity to other important company assets," Immelt said. "We want to be at the center of an ecosystem that shares our aspirations."

"long term costs" ergo: tax costs.

I just find it curious when a CEO cites tax policy among reasons for the move, that some people refuse to believe the words coming out of his mouth, as clearly there was negotiating going on with both CT and MA on taxes.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:37 PM

34,939 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Please stop the bickering and return to the topic of the OP. JayCT, Moderator

Old 03-02-2016, 08:58 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Is Greenwich Beverley Hills of CT.

Most people in town know it as The Avenue. Some call it Rodeo Drive East, a nod to its emergence as a luxe retail strip whose store roster rivals that of its Beverly Hills namesake. But to a relative handful of people, the tony stores and fancy restaurants are just the background scenery of their everyday lives. Greenwich Avenue is their home.

Living on The Avenue in Greenwich - Connecticut Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut