Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 09:08 PM

34,057 posts, read 17,071,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I think we're starting with something that most people agree on-- If you're on the terrorist watch list, you shouldn't be able to buy a gun. Universal background checks should be a no-brainer.

I'd also add we need penalties on gov't employees putting innocent folks on watch lists. I'd favor 2 strikes and you are out; 1st time you put someone on list and are wrong, you are suspended w/o pay for one year. 2nd time, fired for cause, pension vested to that point in time w/o future growth, and no further benefits, either as employee or when retired from gov't.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:43 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,406,571 times
Quote:
Bleh. A lame excuse (and a distraction) to do nothing.

We need a ban on military style weapons. Period. As Reagan said there is no conceivable reason for someone to own these types of weapons. We've seen again and again the damage they do.

20 dead kids here. 50 dead people there. Enough is enough.

Yes, some will break the law. It's not a justification for not having common sense law.

Keeping guns out of the hands of potential terrorists, domestic abusers, etc is common sense. If you don't support at least this, I think you'll quickly be relegated to the fringe.

As we see these massacres we can't continue to ignore them because of what "what big government might do" or worse yet fear of government "tyranny." We live in 2016, not 1816.
Who are you to know what the future holds for us? Yes I would rather live with the consequences of massacres by lunatics then to give my freedom of owning a so called "military style rife" as you put it. The reason so many are against banning so called "assault rifles" is because it will not deter anyone from committing mass shootings since there is this crazy thing called reloading I know the shock that someone can unload a magazine and throw a fresh one in huh? You gun grabbers no nothing of guns yet you're quick to tell us what we should and shouldn't have. An "assault rifle" ban only attacks the gun's esthetics not its function as many of you ignorantly think will keep you guys safe, keep drinking the koolaid dude

Old 06-22-2016, 10:29 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,421,576 times
one major problem is the lack of knowledge possesed by liberals proposing gun control . For example, I read something the other day with Chris Murphy rambling on about how we need to end the gun show loophole and require background checks on Internet sales.

Hmmm, I'm gonna go ahead and bet Chris Murphy has never purchased a gun at either a gun show OR on the Internet . I have acquired many guns through both, and every single time , there is a background check. This makes proponents of such bills look so foolish and ignorant it's difficult to ever take them seriously on the topic of gun control.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:36 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtby4000 View Post
Precisely.

By that logic, wearing a seat belt will not 100% guarantee that you will not die in a car crash. So let's not require folks to wear seat belts, because they may die anyway.

That's a ridiculous analogy that has no logic. I wear my seatbelt for my safety, not for yours. If I decide to not wear it, it isn't any of your business and does not affect you in the least bit. SO what has that got to do with a gun?

Old 06-22-2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Bleh. A lame excuse (and a distraction) to do nothing.

We need a ban on military style weapons. Period. As Reagan said there is no conceivable reason for someone to own these types of weapons. We've seen again and again the damage they do.

20 dead kids here. 50 dead people there. Enough is enough.

Yes, some will break the law. It's not a justification for not having common sense law.

Keeping guns out of the hands of potential terrorists, domestic abusers, etc is common sense. If you don't support at least this, I think you'll quickly be relegated to the fringe.

As we see these massacres we can't continue to ignore them because of what "what big government might do" or worse yet fear of government "tyranny." We live in 2016, not 1816.

BS. You can do more damage with a 12 gauge pump shotgun and buckshot, than a semi-auto rifle, regardless of what it looks like. There is not difference between my hunting rifle, and an AR, other than appearance.

We already have plenty of Gun Laws. I don't support anything the gun grabbers want to do, because they don't have any common sense. Who can have a rational discussion with a group of nitwits that want to ban a firearm because it looks "Scary" or wants to band a pistol grip, or a compensator. These people are idiots, and should not even be close to any process that makes laws. No one in their right mind would want to sit down with people like that. I know I would not, and will do everything in my power to see that they get nowhere. We donate to pro gun Politicians, and the NRA, and we have a server that just sends out e-mails to Politicians, and citizens . We support the "Do not Comply" movement that ignores stupid gun Laws also. This movement is becoming larger and larger, because stupid gun laws are not enforceable. Several States have required that some weapons be registered even if they have not been banned yet, and people are not complying, and there is nothing they can do about it.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
By the logic of people in this thread, why not let suspected terrorists (or plain old law abiding citizens) own missile launchers, fully automatic weapons, bunker buster bombs, or even nukes? You obviously draw the line somewhere, so don't be surprised if other people draw it somewhere else.

The Federal Government has drawn a line on what you can and can not have. I don't know why some one always comes up with the nonsense you posted. By your logic, if we are Pro Gun, we should be able to just shoot you, and be done with it. You can come back to Earth now.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:26 AM

712 posts, read 530,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
BS. You can do more damage with a 12 gauge pump shotgun and buckshot, than a semi-auto rifle, regardless of what it looks like. There is not difference between my hunting rifle, and an AR, other than appearance.

k:
If you're only shooting at ONE or TWO targets at close range then sure, but there's no comparison when talking about hitting multiple targets quickly between a shotgun and a semi automatic rifle(which could easily be converted to full auto with a kit as well).

Come on now. If he had to reload buckshot or slugs constantly into a shotgun in a crowded room you really think he would have had that body count? Not even close. There is a difference between your hunting rifle and AR-15 if it's semi automatic versus having to load bullets into the chamber and only having a few shots. Let's just keep it honest here. It's not just about it looking "scary".

Old 06-23-2016, 06:57 AM

789 posts, read 702,914 times
Chris Murphy & Dems along with Reps can come up with legislation that respects peoples' 5th Amendment rights of due process without this charade. The charade is clearly a publicity stunt meant to help fundraising. We cannot simply give away 5th Amendment rights to the government because it "feels right".

Old 06-23-2016, 07:22 AM

3,435 posts, read 3,945,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldusMagnus View Post
Chris Murphy & Dems along with Reps can come up with legislation that respects peoples' 5th Amendment rights of due process without this charade. The charade is clearly a publicity stunt meant to help fundraising. We cannot simply give away 5th Amendment rights to the government because it "feels right".
So true. The senate Dems actually voted against two gun control bills proposed by the Reps. This "sit in" is a piece of political theatre.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:06 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,088,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Really! Then why aren't they using 12 gauge pump shot guns to commit mass shootings?

What a load of garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut