Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:49 PM

154 posts, read 802,203 times

Advertisements

I've also heard many people complain that California weather is too boring, it's always the same. As bad as CT home prices are I think trying to figure out how to pay the mortgage in Cali would shorten my life significantly.

The original post in this thread really isn't a fair comparison. He is comparing the entire state of Connecticut to just the Northern part of New Jersey. In fact New Jersey when you include the entire state has the most dangerous city in the nation, as well as the safest according to the lastest stats. I stayed in Hoboken this summer with friends and I found it crowded and dirty but that was my short 2 day experience there. When we went down to Spring Lake, NJ it was a nice sleepy almost New England type town. It is hard to just an entire area based on such a short vantage point.

I live in Meriden, and it is instantly judged as one of the worst places in CT to live but my parents have lived here for 60 years and I have on and off for 28 years and we've never had any crime problems and we live in a good part of town with hard working middle class people. People instantly judge the town based on some stats but unless you live here you don't realize that there are some good parts that most people would never take the time to get to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 10:53 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,611 times
I can't stand the muggy summers of the Northeast, you feel like a piece of tape. Sorry, not trying to offend, just throwing in my three cents.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:56 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,467,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njohnson View Post
I've also heard many people complain that California weather is too boring, it's always the same. .
It's true, I've lived here all my twenty years, and trust me, I need a weather change. We have a complete Meditteranean climate, there are no real distinct seasons. I can understand how you could complain, but I'm just on my toes for a little variety.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:25 PM

154 posts, read 802,203 times
As far as I am concerned the ideal is to own multiple properties in varying climates. That way you can pick and choose where you want to go and when and not let nature dictate what gets thrown at you.

I haven't reached that point yet but that is my plan. I can hire a rental company to rent out the property when not in use, paying for the mortgage while the real estate appreciates. My parents always complain about the CT winters. I'd like to eventually have a warm weather winter home so they and my family can go to get away from it all here.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:08 PM

23 posts, read 97,077 times
Well, I have lived in CT, FL, NY, London (UK), and now Santa Barbara, CA. I agree about the boring mediterranian climate. We do not have weather in Santa Barbara, we have "climate."

However I would rather have boring 70 degree weather than suffer through another horrendous New England winter or unbearable Florida summer. London has both a hot, humind summer, and a dark, rainy fall, winter, and spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut