Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can Connecticut Be In Play For Trump In 2020?
Yes 7 25.00%
No 21 75.00%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 10:58 PM

660 posts, read 659,056 times

Advertisements

Weeks ago, Trump shocked the world with his surprise victory, winning in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. Hillary Clinton, despite winning the popular vote because of California, underperformed Obama elsewhere, including Connecticut. If Trump does a decent to good job and accomplishes his promises (bringing jobs back to the Midwest, finishing and building the border wall/fence, and renegotiating trade deals), could Trump narrowly win Connecticut, or maybe even a Reagan-like sweep? The man is not even in office yet, but he is already bringing and saving jobs in this country (Carrier Air Conditioner in Indiana, US Steel in Pennsylvania, SoftBank).

Old 12-31-2016, 07:52 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,089,857 times
Not anytime soon (if ever) in CT... just way too liberal

Old 12-31-2016, 07:56 AM

2,918 posts, read 3,232,865 times
I think you're getting a little ahead... My prediction is he doesn't even finish out his first term, steps aside at some point for Pence to take over. Don't know why I feel that, just gut feeling. And I think there wasn't anyone more surprised on election night than Trump himself . Btw, I voted for him, so I'm not bashing him and I do hope he does a good job

Old 12-31-2016, 09:23 AM

752 posts, read 554,543 times
Can we get him inaugurated before we reelect him? Maybe a one year moratorium on Presidential election politics? I want him to succeed too, but I am not hopeful.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:51 AM

2,122 posts, read 2,423,016 times
Not sure the first 4 years of trumps presidency will have enough impact on CT. We are one of those loser states no one on national (and especially global) stages care about and are expensive to boot. So don't expect those manufacturing jobs he brings back to end up in CT. Our immigration problem is nothing like border states or NY, so no epic changes there either. Will he prevent thousands of Syrians from being relocated here? Probably, but we will never know the difference or just how bad it could have been, so no real gain in popularity beyond his already established base.... this is going to be a "big picture" presidency, the days of spending every waking moment talking about race, sex/gender, sexual preferences and Robin Hood ideologies are likely over. Unless CT has a remarkable change in philosophy and/or involvement in bigger issues, I don't expect the next 4 years to have much state-level impact. One of the bigger issues I think he will take care of in term 1 is Obamacare, which I believe CT largely supports, and so his success there might actually result in greater disapproval (unless people start noticing their pay checks getting fatter). We'll see, very interesting times. It's win win for me. Either trump swings CT into some sense, or irritates CT even more, both of which are high on my approval list.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:43 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
MAYBE. He's really going to have to come through with improving things and to make a play for CT, it will have to be very noticeable improvements that cant be denied.

Old 12-31-2016, 12:45 PM

2,005 posts, read 2,089,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
MAYBE. He's really going to have to come through with improving things and to make a play for CT, it will have to be very noticeable improvements that cant be denied.
Who are you kidding... the guy can save the world and the Clinton News Network (CNN) would find a reason to crap on him...

Old 12-31-2016, 12:54 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,457,946 times
Nope

Old 12-31-2016, 12:57 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,590,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC_Runner View Post
Weeks ago, Trump shocked the world with his surprise victory, winning in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. Hillary Clinton, despite winning the popular vote because of California, underperformed Obama elsewhere, including Connecticut. If Trump does a decent to good job and accomplishes his promises (bringing jobs back to the Midwest, finishing and building the border wall/fence, and renegotiating trade deals), could Trump narrowly win Connecticut, or maybe even a Reagan-like sweep? The man is not even in office yet, but he is already bringing and saving jobs in this country (Carrier Air Conditioner in Indiana, US Steel in Pennsylvania, SoftBank).

no......CT will not become a red state in 2020. And Hillary Rodham Clinton won the popular vote in 20 or even maybe 21 States not just the state of California.

Old 12-31-2016, 01:13 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,423,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoo342 View Post
Who are you kidding... the guy can save the world and the Clinton News Network (CNN) would find a reason to crap on him...
Absolutely. I've always said trump could single handedly cure cancer tomorrow and the media would say it's racist because more white people have cancer or sone other cheap gossip level dribble. But I think this election has shown us that the medias behavior has resulted in mass mistrust. After all, they controlled the conversation AND the "truth" the entire campaign, yet it didn't reflect reality at all. There is a chance that CT could favor trump down the road, but right now the agenda does not lend itself to influencing CT politics or economy, so I think the chances are low. Doesn't matter too much though, because flipping CT doesn't add much federal value (unless we could take both senate seats, which I believe is even more unlikely still). With a GOP dominated executive branch, legislative control in both chambers (senate and house), control of Supreme Court seats, plus gubernatorial majority across the nation there will be plenty of real federal change over the next 4 years, but I think CT is on its own. We have aligned ourselves too deeply with a broken disenchanted party that no longer has any real influence in government. Until that changes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut