Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 08:13 AM

247 posts, read 231,151 times

Advertisements

I decided against it. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to go there... Decided on Jordan's...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 08:15 AM

21,765 posts, read 28,094,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunFlower33 View Post
I decided against it. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to go there... Decided on Jordan's...
Jordan's isn't cheap but the quality seems decent. Let us know what you think.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:34 AM

249 posts, read 354,724 times
Yes, I'd be interested to hear about your experience at Jordan's as well!

Old 10-16-2017, 03:43 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,457,005 times
Had lot's of issues with Bob's couches don't think I would buy a couch again goof proof warranty is also basically a scam. My son has a bed and mattress from Bobs other then a a broken rail when it was a week old (replaced by Bobs) it's been fine.

The problem with furniture is that the middle ground seems to have disappeared. You can go to Big lots and buy a $300 couch or go to bobs and buy a $800 dollar one, the trouble is the $800 dollar one will only be 10-20% better then the bargain basement. Same holds tru as you move up market finding actual value in furniture is as hard or maybe harder then finding value in clothing these days (Ralph Lauren shirt for $65 that is made in the same factory as a $15.00 shirt for instance)

Old 10-17-2017, 07:27 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,498,040 times
We have 6 things from Bob's. Our kitchen table which has been really good and sturdy for the past 7 years, about to buy two more chairs for it (X-factor Pub) for a set of 8 when we have larger groups over.

The other its the couch/love seat combo. It was bought 8 years ago and within the first 6 months started showing white stains. I tried to clean it thinking it was something we spilled but nope, turns out it was something called "spew". Google it, kinda gross. Anyways, Bob's replaced both pieces free of charge despite it only affecting one thing. After 8 years this set has shown it's age with some tears along the seems where the arm rest meets the cushion, wear of the stuffing, and the leather looking worn in some places. They do state it is "bonded" leather which lends itself to not lasting as long as "genuine". But for the price we paid and what we got from them they have been good. They have been kept in the room because we had our two little ones and figured let them spill and do what kids do and then upgrade in a few years.

Next is our "genuine" leather recliner. I bought it for my wife when she was pregnant with #1 but it rarely got used so it sits in the corner for now. Great chair, comfy and that's about it.

Onto the rug, it's a 5x7 from our first home and again on kid duty until they get a bit older. It's been fine with no rips, tears, or anything to show it would be a cheaply made item. It's been great for 8 years.

Finally we bought two swivel chairs for our bar room. They were the right size, the right color, and the right price after we searched everywhere else. They have been really good and since they do not get a lot of use should last awhile.

My overall sentiment with Bob's is they have mid range quality stuff but it is not really meant for a lot of wear and tear so if your using it to decorate a seldom used or kid less environment then they will be great. Also you need to keep a weather eye on some of the product, somethings are well made and others not so much, but all in all it is worth it to stop in an see the selection. The salespeople are never pushy with us and it's always been a pleasant experience.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:45 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Jordan's is awful. So is their customer service.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:49 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,498,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
I'd disagree on them being awful, the CS I cannot comment on as I only dealt with sales and delivery. We purchased an 8' bar from them about two years ago and it has been great. Sturdy, well built, and solid. I'd put them on the same level as Raymour & Flanigan whom we've used for several buys.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:58 AM

247 posts, read 231,151 times
Delivery Friday - stay tuned...

Old 10-17-2017, 11:32 AM

9,885 posts, read 7,217,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Really? We used Jordan's for many pieces when we first married 25 years ago. The living room set lasted about 20 years and was more out of style than anything else. AFAIK, both pieces are still in use in a friend's daughter's first apartment. We still have a wall unit in the spare bedroom which again is out of style more than anything. The dining room set is still going strong. Again, it's no longer our taste but is still seeing daily duty - solid maple.

We have been dealing with a local furniture store. They can get basically anything we find at any of the big stores at a similar or lower price. It's all family working the store so it's easy to work with them.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:17 PM

83,527 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Poor Bob. Just a regular T-Shirt wearing guy getting some bad reviews here. At least his prices are great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
I'd disagree on them being awful, the CS I cannot comment on as I only dealt with sales and delivery. We purchased an 8' bar from them about two years ago and it has been great. Sturdy, well built, and solid. I'd put them on the same level as Raymour & Flanigan whom we've used for several buys.

Sweet setup! Looks nice. I like the design and the round seated bar stools

Quote:
Delivery Friday - stay tuned...
I like the updates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut