Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 07:13 AM

7 posts, read 5,989 times

Advertisements

Thank you so much everyone, this has been extremely helpful. I wfh, worked on Broadway/Fulton/Wall Street downtown NYC for 11 years pre covid. Work from home since March and only have to go in (which I'll drive once every few months) so wfh permanently. After moving back home for 2 years to assit a Family member in my home town of Yonkers NY, (the decent area.... that I think doesnt even exist anymore) and the stress of how the neighborhood dratically chanhed for the worse, I am looking for an area where I no longer have to deal with any stress turning down the wrong street or the bad area spilling into the once good areas. I've spent tons of hours seeing how great south Trumble is and I regret to say that as much as I am inlove with the new a construction and could easily adapt to Trumble and all it has to offer.. being close to Trumble Gardens and what goes on less than 4 minutes a few blocks away isnt really what I want to sign up for. I cant continue to stress to be at the wrong place at the wrong time or worry a guest doesnt make a wrong turn leaving the complex. Unfortunately I've been a victim of many car thefts (nlt while in the car), verbal assaults and physically robbed in the past. South yonkers has worked it's way to affect the only good remaining areas of Yonkers bc the city is currupt and I'm really looking for an area that's better so I can sleep at night and borderline Bridgeport seems to be worse unfortunately. Im pretty bummed out to be honest but I am not comfortable with the move. Maybe and hopefully in a year when I save a a little more I can buy a home in Trumble/Fairfield in an area that doesnt border Bridgeport. I mean no disrespect by it all either, I am just exhausted from working downtown dealing with the subways, 4 train and coming home at 9pm having to look over my shoulder. In my mid 30's and the stress from feeling unsafe aged me 20 yrs (finance did too lol). Thank you qgain so much for all of your honesty!!! I really appreciate it. Be well, be safe!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 07:54 AM

4,453 posts, read 3,345,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy2124 View Post
Thank you so much everyone, this has been extremely helpful. I wfh, worked on Broadway/Fulton/Wall Street downtown NYC for 11 years pre covid. Work from home since March and only have to go in (which I'll drive once every few months) so wfh permanently. After moving back home for 2 years to assit a Family member in my home town of Yonkers NY, (the decent area.... that I think doesnt even exist anymore) and the stress of how the neighborhood dratically chanhed for the worse, I am looking for an area where I no longer have to deal with any stress turning down the wrong street or the bad area spilling into the once good areas. I've spent tons of hours seeing how great south Trumble is and I regret to say that as much as I am inlove with the new a construction and could easily adapt to Trumble and all it has to offer.. being close to Trumble Gardens and what goes on less than 4 minutes a few blocks away isnt really what I want to sign up for. I cant continue to stress to be at the wrong place at the wrong time or worry a guest doesnt make a wrong turn leaving the complex. Unfortunately I've been a victim of many car thefts (nlt while in the car), verbal assaults and physically robbed in the past. South yonkers has worked it's way to affect the only good remaining areas of Yonkers bc the city is currupt and I'm really looking for an area that's better so I can sleep at night and borderline Bridgeport seems to be worse unfortunately. Im pretty bummed out to be honest but I am not comfortable with the move. Maybe and hopefully in a year when I save a a little more I can buy a home in Trumble/Fairfield in an area that doesnt border Bridgeport. I mean no disrespect by it all either, I am just exhausted from working downtown dealing with the subways, 4 train and coming home at 9pm having to look over my shoulder. In my mid 30's and the stress from feeling unsafe aged me 20 yrs (finance did too lol). Thank you qgain so much for all of your honesty!!! I really appreciate it. Be well, be safe!
When you are ready to buy a house (or condo) north of the Merritt Parkway is good in Trumbull.

Old 09-22-2020, 12:39 PM

34,921 posts, read 56,918,061 times
Quote:
I’m sorry to hear that this did not work out. You might want to consider other locations in the area. There are several new apartments in Fairfield in the Fairfield Metro Center area. They are near Bridgeport but those areas are safe.

Trademark is a very nice building on Commerce Drive. I have family friends that live there and they love it. Alto is another new building that looks nice too. Both are in safe areas and near the Fairfield Metro Center train station. Trademark is a block away from BJ’s wholesale club. Alto is a block away from Whole Foods and a nice little shopping area that has a Home Depot. It might be what you are looking for.

https://trademarkfairfield.com/

https://www.altofairfieldapts.com/

If these too are too close to urban areas, you might want to check out Avalon Stratford. It’s in a very residential area, far from urban areas. Unfortunately there is nothing within walking distance.

https://www.avaloncommunities.com/co...SAAEgIh4fD_BwE

Another area you could check is Shelton. There are many new or newer apartments there that you could look into. Good luck, Jay

Old 09-22-2020, 01:13 PM

6,892 posts, read 3,736,068 times
Quote:
THe thread started on 9/20/2020, It's 9/22. You had all this happen already, in two days?

Old 09-22-2020, 01:39 PM

334 posts, read 263,841 times
Hi again Sandy:
Sorry you decided against the apartment but I think you're making an excellent decision using your best instincts. To be honest, when I heard they were using foot and car patrols, I felt anxious. The new build is impressive but you need to sleep at night.
Have you considered towns farther north instead of the shoreline?
The last year I lived in CT I lived in Danbury at the Avalon apartments. For the first time in a while, I could sleep at night! lol
Danbury is about equidistant from Manhattan to the area in Trumbull and Metro North has train service there. Danbury is considered a bedroom community to NYC. It's a little boring but safe. Nice mall and a good hospital.
Check out Abbey Woods apartment community (abbeywoodsct.com). It was being built when I was in the process of leaving so its fairly new.
Best of luck!

Old 09-22-2020, 01:58 PM

334 posts, read 263,841 times
P.S.
JayCT and CTArtist are right--Shelton has some interesting properties. Check out "The Mark-Fairfield"
(https://www.themarkliving.com/the-mark-shelton-ct/)

Old 10-06-2020, 10:22 AM

Thank you.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:33 AM

The thread was 2 days long but my seach and time spent in numerous areas has been 6 months long. Visited 10 Trumbull 4 times alone. It was my last attempt to see what additional advice I could along with the advice I already received from friends and family prior to the post. 5 days prior to the post ten trumbull had 2 units to choose from out of the whole complex on the top floors in the model i preferred, one facing the parkway and the other over the garbage disposal unit and it they were up for grabs whoever left a downpayment first. On top of that, the other complex I had been promising to leave my deposit on the ONLY unit left in new construction, (the rest will not be built until a few more months) so after 6 months of looking doing nothing else with my life.... yeah... I had to make a choice basically prior to the post before I lost both locations and would have been stuck where I was. The move in date for the other complex was july/august, I am lucky I got it.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:35 AM

Thanks Jay, Im all set. I wasnt able to go any further than Trumbull, it was already out of my comfort zone being so far from the city and Westchester. Thanks again for all of your help.

Old 10-06-2020, 10:39 AM

Thank you. Yeah I saw that too because it's the same developer. He seems to build the same cookie cutter (but nice) units on the line of many towns/cities including NJ for tax breaks etc, and incentives from the cities based on placement and location. Basically you wont find him building in the middle of Westport, Greenwich or Darien lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut