Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2022, 01:32 PM

34,918 posts, read 56,903,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer belly View Post
Prices were on the rise way before, pretty much sometime early 2020....coincidence
Prices were way down because the pandemic caused a glut of gas and oil as people stopped driving and going places. Being a commodity, when supplies are up, prices go down and vise versa. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2022, 04:53 PM

83,502 posts, read 75,252,292 times
CT in red

Never seen prices launch up in a weeks time this much.

The last record was 49 cents with Hurricane Katrina. Its 60 cents this week.

Old 03-08-2022, 10:23 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,183,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownedbits View Post
I know it is hard for any of us to separate politics and oil prices, as they are so interwoven. However, if you think a president (no matter R or D) influences oil prices, you do not know how economics work.
CT gas/oil prices are all tied to the worldwide market which is tied to the American dollar. As inflation heats up our dollar is worth less. Where does that policy come from?

We sanctioned VZ, Iran, Syria, now Russia from selling oil with varying results
Russia will just sell to the Chinese etc at a now higher price making more money than before.

Now that our back is against the wall, we're going back to VZ, Iran begging them to ramp up production. They still have the same issues that caused these sanctions, but they are not the flavor of the week...

Reports today said that Biden called Saudi, and the UAE to crank up the volume to 11, but they refused his call.
Biden insulted them last year about killing someone, not saying they didn't deserved the mean tweets but payback is well you know....

Sec of transportation when asked about high gas prices, had this great suggestion. " Go buy an electric car"
Modern day version of " Let them eat cake" Hey just trying to buy a car, any car is enough to make you well......not want to...

Sec of energy recently asked about high gas prices laughed out loud. Said " high prices are good, we need to get off oil"

All appointed by the president.

We go to Paris accord and Cop26 to ok Pipelines in other countries but not ours because global warming is ok in other parts of the planet!?

We put a moratorium on new drilling immediately in office. Change EPA recs to close a refinery in TX. Ban certain types of fracking.....

Biden predicted this attack by Russia for well over a month or two. Biggest threat to Russia was NATO inclusion of Ukraine.
All he had to say is ok. No NATO inclusion for Ukraine. It wasn't happening anytime soon at best.....
No different than Russia putting a base in Montreal pointing missiles at us, or Cuba.....Bay of Pigs.

But no, Biden didn't offer what was obvious.
Worse still when asked what he would do to stop this before it happened. Biden said he wouldn't fight back in any way!!!
Pretty much greenlighting the incursion. Also letting the rest of NATO/ EU...." Hey we're out! Best of luck"
We all know without us, nothing happens.
Next we didn't offer any help until we saw that Ukraine was punching back above their weight. Also how badly Russia was doing.

So here we are. The President of the United States is the single most powerful person in the world.
Scared yet, here in CT.....

Old 03-09-2022, 11:33 AM

34,918 posts, read 56,903,161 times
Please return to the topic of the OP which is the price of oil and gas in Connecticut. If you wish to discuss the reasons for the recent increase in prices there are other forums for that. Please go there. JayCT, Moderator

Old 03-16-2022, 05:38 AM

https://www.cashheatingoil.com/oilpricesinct

Old 03-17-2022, 06:36 AM

837 posts, read 505,873 times
For people in the New Haven/East Haven area, the Forbes Premium Fuel gas station has the lowest prices I've seen. I filled up for $4.15 yesterday. It's right on Forbes Ave. I also use them for my home oil. That's 3.99 right now.

Old 03-17-2022, 07:46 AM

3,484 posts, read 9,417,373 times
What a wild ride for home heating oil prices! After a spike to over $5/gallon, it has quickly settled back down to around $3.90/gal. I feel for people who were forced to buy during that brief giant spike in prices. Gas prices are slowly coming back down in the Hartford area. I filled up at $4.14/gal yesterday.

Old 03-17-2022, 11:46 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,830,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mels View Post
What a wild ride for home heating oil prices! After a spike to over $5/gallon, it has quickly settled back down to around $3.90/gal. I feel for people who were forced to buy during that brief giant spike in prices. Gas prices are slowly coming back down in the Hartford area. I filled up at $4.14/gal yesterday.

I was one of those people. At least I only had to buy 100 gallons @ 4.94. Looks like this is the year I switch to natural gas. CNG verified I can hook up and they keep sending me postcards urging me to book an appt for an estimate. Apparently, they will finance the whole thing at .99% and I can pay it back in my monthly bill.

Old 03-21-2022, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 531 times
I would not buy a large home in a rural area like Easton. If you need a heating oil tank, oh boy…it will cost a fortune to fill right now!

Old 03-21-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countchocula66 View Post
I would not buy a large home in a rural area like Easton. If you need a heating oil tank, oh boy…it will cost a fortune to fill right now!
Its a big hit in winter yes, but come summer you dont have a monthly bill like you do with Nat gas. No way Im comparing costs but just saying, its not like its a big hit every 1-2 months.

I use 200 gallons a year but only use it for hot water and some heat in the mornings. at $4 thats $800 for 12 mths. Thats $66/mth

Not sure what the average person uses. Maybe 800 gallons a year?? $266/mth at $4/gal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut