Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2024, 07:29 PM

34,943 posts, read 56,970,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Tuning in a little late here, but I was wondering what happened to dazzleman for a while! I remember during the last CT Tournament, he was telling me a bit over DMs that he was having a lot of problems and has been in and out of the hospital. A year later back in March of 2023, I sent him a DM to check on him and ask he was doing, and got NO response at all. That did concern me, but I figured maybe he just hasn't been on here for a while. The obituary doesn't clearly mention the day he passed away, but it might've been very close to his death.

I really loved this guy a lot. We chatted very casually over DMs in the past many years, even since 2014. I am really sad to hear this, and my condolences to him, and everyone in his family and that was close with him on this forum! Rest in Peace, My Friend!

Jay, did you ever meet him personally, or just friends here on City Data? I'm curious, how did you find out he passed away?
I never met him in person but we did trade DM’s over the years. We’d talk about Fairfield. You see he lived near where I grew up. The street he lived on was beautiful and I used to love biking up it to check out the homes there including his. Of course he didn’t live there back then.

I knew he was sick and I hadn’t heard from him in a while. I knew his name so checked the obituaries and was shocked to find his, not long after we last DMed. Sorry I didn’t check sooner.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2024, 01:32 PM

4,716 posts, read 5,962,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
It is with great sadness that I have to report the death of one of our regular posters, dazzleman. For many years he was one of our best regular posters who was always there with great information and insight. He will be sorely missed.

As some of you may know, dazzleman lived in the Brooklawn Park section of Fairfield. The street he lived on was near where I grew up and I loved to bike around his neighborhood and admire the beautiful homes there. This gave us a casual friendship via Direct Messages that I will miss.

He hasn’t posted here since late last year. I knew he was very sick but not long before he passed he sent me a DM joking that I hadn’t infracted him in a long time. He liked being infracted because it made him feel like he was a “bad boy”.

Below is a link to his obituary. It sounds like he led a wonderful life. My sincere condolences to his family and friends. Again he will be sorely missed. Jay

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...ry?id=51755239
May he rest in peace. Condolences to his family and friends.

Old 02-13-2024, 04:41 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,425,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Tuning in a little late here, but I was wondering what happened to dazzleman for a while! I remember during the last CT Tournament, he was telling me a bit over DMs that he was having a lot of problems and has been in and out of the hospital. A year later back in March of 2023, I sent him a DM to check on him and ask he was doing, and got NO response at all. That did concern me, but I figured maybe he just hasn't been on here for a while. The obituary doesn't clearly mention the day he passed away, but it might've been very close to his death.

I really loved this guy a lot. We chatted very casually over DMs in the past many years, even since 2014. I am really sad to hear this, and my condolences to him, and everyone in his family and that was close with him on this forum! Rest in Peace, My Friend!

Jay, did you ever meet him personally, or just friends here on City Data? I'm curious, how did you find out he passed away?
The obit says he passed away on April 27. Sorry for your loss and my condolences to his loved ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut