Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 05:45 PM

6 posts, read 22,307 times

Advertisements

Thank you everyone for the valuable information.

From resale point of view, which is the most desirable area in FF? We will be living in this house for about 6-7 years and will be selling there after.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 06:13 PM

84 posts, read 292,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urb100 View Post

From resale point of view, which is the most desirable area in FF? We will be living in this house for about 6-7 years and will be selling there after.
Greenfield hills

Old 01-18-2010, 06:17 PM

6,981 posts, read 11,001,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urb100 View Post

All areas of Fairfield have good resale, relative to what you pay. It will go up and down with the market, and that's not controllable.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:24 AM

35,266 posts, read 57,453,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
All areas of Fairfield have good resale, relative to what you pay. It will go up and down with the market, and that's not controllable.
I agree. Tunxis Hill is generally the least expensive part of town so it would be hard to compare to anywhere else because you will likely pay more for a comparable home elsewhere. That said Fairfield Woods and Stratfield are very nice. Greenfield hill is gorgious but very expensive as is Southport. It really depends on your price range. Jay

Old 01-19-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambarstone View Post
With the prices down I have seen three of these ugly houses on Knapps Hwy to be bought really cheap. One was torn down and two nice new houses are being finished almost in front of Warde High and the other two looks like they will be totally renovated.
I know two of these houses well (where is the third). They deteriorated because of neglect caused by elderly owners or family disputes. Too bad because they were once very nice homes. Jay

Old 01-19-2010, 02:49 PM

588 posts, read 1,878,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
I think Tunxis Hill is fine. However, i honestly don't think it's a great value. For just a tiny bit more money, the Fairfield Woods area is much nicer and the better "value". When i compare the 2 areas, TH seems overpriced for what you get.
Also check out Stratfield. Both FFWoods and Stratfield are pricier than Tunxis Hill, but less than the other sections of Fairfield. And you get the benefits of larger lot sizes, less renters, and usually more updated and better-kept homes.

A lot depends on your budget and how long you plan on staying. $400k can get you an outdated ~1300 sq ft cape on about 1/4 acre in Fairfield Woods (2 of these just sold on my street in the past 6 months). From a resale point of view - Tunxis Hill is considered the least desirable area of Fairfield. It doesn't mean that you will have trouble selling or that it's a bad section - it's just that the other areas are usually more sought after.

Good luck!

Old 01-19-2010, 04:03 PM

490 posts, read 1,793,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I know two of these houses well (where is the third). They deteriorated because of neglect caused by elderly owners or family disputes. Too bad because they were once very nice homes. Jay
I am referring to the two houses on Knapps, one next to McK school (big brown house that had plastic blue chairs outside, on sale for over a year), creepy house on Knapps in front of Knapps Park Drive and the Evergreen Condos and the one in front of WHS that got torn down. There is another bad looking house that I hope something will be done with someday...it has a handicap ramp and lots of junk right on KH/near McK.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambarstone View Post
I am referring to the two houses on Knapps, one next to McK school (big brown house that had plastic blue chairs outside, on sale for over a year), creepy house on Knapps in front of Knapps Park Drive and the Evergreen Condos and the one in front of WHS that got torn down. There is another bad looking house that I hope something will be done with someday...it has a handicap ramp and lots of junk right on KH/near McK.
Is the first one on the corner of Thompson Street? That house is owned by a relative of the original owner who passed away without any living children. I knew their daughter well growing up. Sad when she died young (still think about her occasionally). I don't think that house looks bad other than it has had a for sale sign on it for years. Not sure why it has not sold.

I also know the "creepy" house all too well (long story). That one was a case of a child with issues inheriting the place but losing it due to a divorce (among other issues). It sold dirt cheap at foreclosure. I see they are working on it now (thankfully). I am sure it will sell to someone who will take better care of it.

I am trying to figure out where the house with the ramps you mentioned is. It just does not ring a bell. Will look for it next time I am down there. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut