Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 04:27 AM

119 posts, read 396,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenandoah View Post
LOL! Certainly not some frou-frou beer like Yling Yling, or Coors Light, with a twist of lime??
Gotta get 'em started right with Busch, Coors, or a good Samuel Adams ale.

Now, that's an art - pairing beer with pizza. I've never tried Samuel Adams, but they've got a huge selection. And, sorry to say - I do take a twist of lime with my beer - to make it tolerable.

I prefer Birch Beer, or Cream Soda over Root Beer. Otherwise, it's gotta be a Pepsi.
If I'm pairing milk with food, then it's gotta be a huge chunk of double chocolate cake with a tall glass of ice cold milk.

blessings, Shen
Yuengling beer is good! I can't do Sam Adams. For me, it leaves a bitter aftertaste, but I guess a lot of people like it. I also can't do lime with beer. ECK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2007, 11:58 AM

275 posts, read 1,125,053 times
any word on the Pizza?

Old 09-26-2007, 09:18 AM

275 posts, read 1,125,053 times
Well we ate here the other night....
pretty good pizza, owners were real nice.
they serve a Chicago style pizza. (Thick Crust, and square cuts)
toppings were good and plentiful.
Carry-out mainly, but they have a counter top area with stools to eat at (about 15 people)
If your in the area, and want a thick pizza try them out.
-Henry

Old 09-27-2007, 11:23 AM

13,351 posts, read 39,950,637 times
Hey thanks for that review! It does sound good. I'm probably going to be in Cookeville next week for a big high school football game, I'll try talking my friends into going to Wedgewood Pizza. I hope their Cookeville location will be successful. The fact that it's a family-run operation means a lot to me; I'd rather support them than some restaurant corporation.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:25 PM

49 posts, read 185,825 times
I picked up a small pizza one night when my husband was gone for dinner. I got a white pizza. I'm not that fond of marinara sauce. Anyway, it was supposed to have cheese on it, but when I got home, there was no cheese. Was kind of tasteless. But I'll give it a try again sometime...and make sure that they put cheese on it!

Old 09-29-2007, 06:27 AM

13,351 posts, read 39,950,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbiego View Post
I picked up a small pizza one night when my husband was gone for dinner. I got a white pizza. I'm not that fond of marinara sauce. Anyway, it was supposed to have cheese on it, but when I got home, there was no cheese. Was kind of tasteless. But I'll give it a try again sometime...and make sure that they put cheese on it!
A pizza without cheese? I can't imagine such a thing. I hope they get it right next time! And I hope they stay in business. I like seeing family-owned businesses become successful.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:50 AM

3 posts, read 8,067 times
Default Pizza Woes

Hope we can cure your bad pizza experience. Come give our place a try, D'Angelos Wood Fired Brick Oven Pizza, 273 South Lowe Ave, Cookeville next to the giggle shoppe. If you don't like, you don't pay.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:20 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,843,355 times
Marioochi
Tell us more. What types of pizza, dine in, carry out, delivery. Do you have an online menu?

Old 04-09-2008, 04:01 PM

3 posts, read 8,067 times
Default Pizza word

Someone asked about a menu, It is on our website, it is dangelosbrickoven.com. We are such pizza fans everywhere we go we eat pizza. Two of my favorite chains are Old Chicago and Pizza Schmizza. If you ever make it out to San Diego, CA there is a little place there called DeMilles, you have to make it there too! Pizza is the perfect food.

Old 04-11-2008, 08:49 AM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,804,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieQFL View Post
Yuengling beer is good! I can't do Sam Adams. For me, it leaves a bitter aftertaste, but I guess a lot of people like it. I also can't do lime with beer. ECK!
I like Yuengling beer - with lime! As well as Corona with lime. Sam Adams has different flavored beers. I'd like to try some, sometime. I'm not a beer drinker, don't care for the bitter taste, so if anyone has tried any Sam Adams that has a milder flavor, or has a citrus or spicey flavor, let me know.

blessings, Shen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville