Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:09 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times

Advertisements

O my Lion Tigers and Bears!!.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 10:42 AM

36,536 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Hi jguillot
Im not a cove resident and cant answer any of your questions. Im from "the other side of the tracts". I live across hwy 70 from the cove. Just wanted to say hi.

Old 02-25-2008, 02:53 PM

1,323 posts, read 4,701,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Hi jguillot
Im not a cove resident and cant answer any of your questions. Im from "the other side of the tracts". I live across hwy 70 from the cove. Just wanted to say hi.
Hi 2mares,

I appreciate your friendly greeting. How do you like the Monterey area? Have you had any snow this winter? We hope to visit the area again this fall.

Thanks again.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:02 AM

36,536 posts, read 30,871,648 times
No snow this year to speak of, just a few flurries. It seems the winters continue to get milder. Ive been here for little over 30 yrs. so its home. People in the area are friendly and overall there is a great sense of community. Of course as I understand it the Cove residents are sort of a community within themselves. IMO the town of Monterey is going to the dogs, but there are plenty of things to do in Cookeville and Crossville.

Good luck with the water. Sometimes things move real slow around here. It took forever to get city water lines run down our road. They just got hooked up this fall.

Old 09-20-2009, 11:02 AM

445 posts, read 1,683,328 times
Default Bent Tree Road

What information can you offer me about this road-Bent Tree Road in Cumberland Cove?

I know homes have to be built at a 1500 sq foot minimum heated/air. Can you give me any other restrictions? Are log cabins allowed?
How much are the home owners associations fees?

Are you happy living there?

Old 09-20-2009, 11:25 AM

24,768 posts, read 28,526,608 times
I know nothing... "But" from what has been posted over the years on this forum. Leads me to presume it will be a HOA some where in time.. or is now in certain section... From what I read Log Cabins are allowed.. but don't know if you have to meet a certain square footage requirement..or height requirement.. Other posted have led me to presume that certain section of Cumberland Cove and the Cumberland Lakes area ( West of I-40 ) have certain section that don't have city water.. so you will need to put in a well and septic systems.. that has to meet current rules & regulation... and some where in time you may have to convert over to city water / sewage system could be 2 years or 20 years.. I would go to Cumberland County or Putnam County depends where it's at Platt & Land Office and pull up that parcell document and see if it discloses any information. Should be a record

Old 09-20-2009, 09:06 PM

1,323 posts, read 4,701,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbied View Post
What information can you offer me about this road-Bent Tree Road in Cumberland Cove?

I know homes have to be built at a 1500 sq foot minimum heated/air. Can you give me any other restrictions? Are log cabins allowed?
How much are the home owners associations fees?

Are you happy living there?
Hi Robbied,

I'm not a resident of Cumberland Cove yet, but I own property there. Part of Cumberland Cove is in Cumberland County and part of it is in Putnam County. Bent Tree Road is on the Cumberland County side not far from US 70 North and Interstate 40. I believe log cabins are allowed as long as they are a minimum of 1500 square feet. There is an annual property owner's association fee of $99. My wife and I met some Cumberland Cove home owners last fall when we attended their montly breakfast while on a visit to Tennessee. Everyone we met was very happy to be living in Cumberland Cove. All of the people we met were very friendly. Cumberland Cove does have light restrictions, but they are designed to help protect the value of homes and to prevent people from doing things that would bring down the value of homes.

My wife and I own a lot on Sawmill Road on which we plan to build our retirement home in a few years.

The Cumberland Cove Property Owners Association website is at the link below. On their website, you will find a link to the restrictions. Look for the "POA Governance" button. The website contains a lot of information about Cumberland Cove and the property owner's association. I hope this helps.

Cumberland Cove Property Owners Association Web Site
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville