Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 10:32 PM

11 posts, read 37,532 times

Advertisements

Bought some land in Hawks Bluff. Still looking for maybe 2 acres but woul like to have some mountains to look at also...some flat area to build on but the Bluiffs are kind of high priced. Loved Hawks Bluff and Falls state park. anyone with information about what you all are building or your land would be welcome.

Old 09-26-2006, 11:10 PM

240 posts, read 1,155,865 times
My wife and I are currently building in Hawks Bluff Phase 1. We just started building our log home. I will be able to give you all the info you need. Are you looking to build a log home? I hope so, because they are really nice.
If you want you can send my an email and I might be able to lead you in the right direction. My wife and I also love it up there. We hope and plan on moving there in about 3 to 4 years, but building now based upon price.
My email address is brcomm0@bellsouth.net if you need some help.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:34 PM

11 posts, read 37,532 times
Smile your Home

Hi,
Just wondering how your new home is comming. We will be traveling back to hawks bluff to take another look at our property. Any Pictures yet? Linda

Old 11-28-2006, 09:37 PM

Under way. They are now working on the 2nd floor as we speak.
check it out. Lot 115 right on the corner. Take a look around. I have pictures but not on this computer. When do you plan on building.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:06 AM

2 posts, read 7,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brcomm0 View Post
My wife and I are currently building in Hawks Bluff Phase 1. We just started building our log home. I will be able to give you all the info you need. Are you looking to build a log home? I hope so, because they are really nice.
If you want you can send my an email and I might be able to lead you in the right direction. My wife and I also love it up there. We hope and plan on moving there in about 3 to 4 years, but building now based upon price.
My email address is brcomm0@bellsouth.net if you need some help.

Hi, my wife and I bought a 5 acre Parcel in face 1 at Haks bluff want to subdivide and need to make a road do you have any information on who you used to make the road and if they were resonable in price.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:01 AM

375 posts, read 1,096,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by czamora3 View Post
Hi, my wife and I bought a 5 acre Parcel in face 1 at Haks bluff want to subdivide and need to make a road do you have any information on who you used to make the road and if they were resonable in price.
Before you start dropping money on roads I'd suggest you check with TDEC (Tennessee Department of Environment Conservation) as to whether or not your land is suitable for division into smaller lots. Most of the larger lots in Hawk's Bluff are large because of limited suitable areas for septic systems due to shallow bedrock.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:12 PM

2 posts, read 7,199 times
when i bought this builders lot it was already subdivided into 5 parcels of over an acre each, i really don't know what you mean by shallow bed rock, does you mean there is shallow water or that there is to much rock. thanks for responce

Old 11-02-2007, 07:37 PM

375 posts, read 1,096,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by czamora3 View Post
when i bought this builders lot it was already subdivided into 5 parcels of over an acre each, i really don't know what you mean by shallow bed rock, does you mean there is shallow water or that there is to much rock. thanks for responce
It means very little soil over solid rock. Typical soil depths in the area are 18" to 36". Anything less than 30" of consistent soil depth may cause you to have problems obtaining a septic permit. The first sections of Hawk's Bluff were divided before Van Buren county had a planning commission with the result that the subdivision as a whole was not evaluated by TDEC for septic system suitability. Instead lots are being evaluated as people apply for permits to install septic systems. If your five acres are already on five deeds then you can sell them on as-is. If they're one parcel and you have a survey showing them as five lots then you will have to take it before the planning commission, have the property mapped by a state approved soil scientist and evaluated by TDEC for septic system suitability. If you build a road it will have to be built to county specs and approved by the county.

Locals would have insisted on a guarantee that lots in that part of the county would "perk" before buying them but most of the out-of-towners didn't do that. Not sure if that was due to an unfamiliarity with the local geology or if they were mostly "city people" who have never had to deal with septic systems. They're a major issue with being able to build here.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:35 AM

My wife and I built a house in phase 1 and it is complete. I have some names for you if you want.
Got a great guy to do your driveway. Our home is the on the 4 way corner it is a log home. Send me an email and I could give you some info. Contact me at scottynewman@bellsouth.net

Old 12-02-2007, 08:15 PM

25 posts, read 82,210 times
Sellers are getting desperate in desolate areas huh?
How's that Fl. market?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville