Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 12:02 PM
JRR JRR started this thread

8,161 posts, read 5,654,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I got that email, too. It makes me sad, but it's also totally understandable. Whenever I'd go pick up my order, it was almost like I was in their way as all the chefs were busily preparing for the restaurant or some catered event. Still, I'll miss that meal prep service. Good thing Publix has fantastic and delicious meal kits.

There's a lot of additional restaurant news for our growing town:

Taco Bell is under construction in Baxter and should open sometime this fall That'll make 5 Taco Bells in the county. Not sure what that says about us.

Also in Baxter, Azteca Mexican Grill is being built next to Pizza Hut. No word on when it will open, and I can't find an internet presence for them.

Black Sheep Soda is an Italian cream soda shop that's scheduled to open later this month on Jefferson in the same strip mall as A-1 Cleaners, Game Xchange, and Boost Mobile. I have no idea what else they'll have besides Italian cream sodas.

Juicy's Wellness Café is opening soon on Walnut next door to Smoothie King. With locations in McMinnville and Murfreesboro, Juicy's advertises as an "all-Vegan restaurant" although they have spicy tuna on their menu. Meatless tuna?

Roots Coffee, currently a food truck, is opening a brick-and-mortar location in the old KMart shopping center next to where the Asian grocery store is building its much larger store. No word on an opening date, but they plan on making it a retail location as well as where they'll roast their coffee beans on site.

Caribbean Cafe, which had its restaurant in the Premier Medical Park on Washington just north of the courthouse square, is opening a larger location just across the street, 390 North Washington. No word yet on an opening date, but I am very much looking forward to their reopening.

I rode down Washington this morning it looks like the signs about the Caribbean Cafe coming soon were off the building and replaced by a for rent sign. I guess it isn't going to work out for them. Too bad as I liked the food and they seemed like nice people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 08:32 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Louisiana-based Raising Cane's is apparently opening a location in Cookeville. Raising Cane's looks to be similar to Zaxby's but with a more limited menu: chicken fingers, fries, slaw, Texas toast, and a special dipping sauce. They have 565 locations coast to coast, but right now their only location in Tennessee is in Knoxville, and a Nashville location is under construction near Trader Joe's on White Bridge Road. Bids for "Raising Cane's #789" in Cookeville have just been advertised, but no address was included. Does anyone know where it's going? My only guess is the former Putnam Farm and Home Supply location on Willow across from where Hyundai is going to build its new dealership. It sold in April to "Rasco GP" for $1.2 million.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 09-07-2021, 09:28 PM
JRR JRR started this thread

8,161 posts, read 5,654,439 times
I rode by Ocha this afternoon and it appears that the sign about reopening in the fall is no longer in the window. Nothing on their facebook page either so I'm not sure if/when they might open back up again.

Old 09-08-2021, 01:59 PM

869 posts, read 1,786,424 times
Quote:
Louisiana-based Raising Cane's is apparently opening a location in Cookeville. Raising Cane's looks to be similar to Zaxby's but with a more limited menu: chicken fingers, fries, slaw, Texas toast, and a special dipping sauce. They have 565 locations coast to coast, but right now their only location in Tennessee is in Knoxville, and a Nashville location is under construction near Trader Joe's on White Bridge Road. Bids for "Raising Cane's #789" in Cookeville have just been advertised, but no address was included. Does anyone know where it's going? My only guess is the former Putnam Farm and Home Supply location on Willow across from where Hyundai is going to build its new dealership. It sold in April to "Rasco GP" for $1.2 million.
I'll take Raising Cane's over any of the other Chicken places, just wish they'd come to NC.

Old 09-08-2021, 04:03 PM

303 posts, read 294,709 times
Quote:

That partnership name isn't registered with the Sec of State so who knows what that could be. However, I wouldn't like that location. I wonder if they could be coming to the Food City development. We haven't really heard about anything coming in there besides Food City.

Old 09-08-2021, 06:39 PM

5 posts, read 3,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justindb29 View Post
That partnership name isn't registered with the Sec of State so who knows what that could be. However, I wouldn't like that location. I wonder if they could be coming to the Food City development. We haven't really heard about anything coming in there besides Food City.

The address on tax data is the same as Midstate Motorsports. I have hear the possibility of them moving.

That construction on Neal St is awefully suspicious. The side is right for a small restaurant. The permit is in Gaws name yes, but that's just because it is issued in there name doesn't mean that's who filed for it, they just owned it at the time it was issue. I've seen that before.

Old 09-08-2021, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjc123 View Post
The address on tax data is the same as Midstate Motorsports. I have hear the possibility of them moving.

That construction on Neal St is awefully suspicious. The side is right for a small restaurant. The permit is in Gaws name yes, but that's just because it is issued in there name doesn't mean that's who filed for it, they just owned it at the time it was issue. I've seen that before.

Are you talking about the construction on the opposite corner from the new police station? That would be a weird location for a fast food joint, IMO. That'd be a lot of dirt for a parking lot and driveway too.

Old 09-08-2021, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
[/b]

I rode down Washington this morning it looks like the signs about the Caribbean Cafe coming soon were off the building and replaced by a for rent sign. I guess it isn't going to work out for them. Too bad as I liked the food and they seemed like nice people.
There's still hope. The owners are still planning on opening another restaurant as soon as they get the funds, but in the meantime they've started selling their amazing food out of a tent off Hwy 290 near Cummins Falls, curbside pickup only, and only Thursday-Saturday. Head up Hwy 290 (12th Street/Gainesboro Grade) and right before it dead ends at Hwy 56, on the right look for a banner saying "Hwy 290 BBQ & Jerk."

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 09-09-2021 at 03:18 PM..

Old 09-10-2021, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjc123 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by justindb29 View Post
Are you talking about the construction on the opposite corner from the new police station? That would be a weird location for a fast food joint, IMO. That'd be a lot of dirt for a parking lot and driveway too.
OK I found out where Raising Cane's is going, and I was surprised. It's going to be built at 1200 Interstate Drive which is next door to Olive Garden and across the street from Steak 'n Shake. Construction bids aren't due until September 23, so I suppose it'll still be at least a few weeks before we see something.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 09-10-2021 at 09:08 PM..

Old 09-20-2021, 07:38 AM

Quote:
OK I found out where Raising Cane's is going, and I was surprised. It's going to be built at 1200 Interstate Drive which is next door to Olive Garden and across the street from Steak 'n Shake. Construction bids aren't due until September 23, so I suppose it'll still be at least a few weeks before we see something.

Wow. It's about time that vacant land is getting something on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville