Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2022, 04:53 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,606,842 times

Advertisements

IrrationALE Kitchen and Taps appears to be opening later this year at 1227 N. Washington. It's in the Washington Crossing development turning old industrial into retail...Stage One moved there in 2021. They have a Facebook page with a menu available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 07:42 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
IrrationALE Kitchen and Taps appears to be opening later this year at 1227 N. Washington. It's in the Washington Crossing development turning old industrial into retail...Stage One moved there in 2021. They have a Facebook page with a menu available.
The menu looks great, and I love the location. The Facebook page is pretty scant, so I wonder when it plans on opening. I did hear that it's owned by Torrey Hess, a local guy who made quite a splash in Knoxville's restaurant scene (Copper Cellar, Cazzy's) and is returning home with this concept. I hope it's successful.

https://www.facebook.com/irrationalekitchen

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 02-02-2022 at 07:21 AM..

Old 02-02-2022, 08:08 AM

Filipino food truck Grace's Lumpia opened yesterday but at a different location than originally announced. They're now going to be downtown in the small parking lot across Broad from Dogwood Park and next to the downtown fire station. They sold out yesterday rather quickly. They're also alternating with the Pizza Machine, West Coast Tacoz, and Kevin's Kitchen to set up outside Red Silo Brewery on certain evenings.

In other food truck news, Hardwoods Smokehouse has set up shop in the parking lot across from the main post office on Willow, the same shopping center as the VA clinic.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 02-02-2022, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
The menu looks great, and I love the location. The Facebook page is pretty scant, so I wonder when it plans on opening. I did hear that it's owned by Torrey Hess, a local guy who made quite a splash in Knoxville's restaurant scene (Copper Cellar, Cazzy's) and is returning home with this concept. I hope it's successful.
I saw a reference to the opening later this year in the fall.

Old 02-02-2022, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Filipino food truck Grace's Lumpia opened yesterday but at a different location than originally announced. They're now going to be downtown in the small parking lot across Broad from Dogwood Park and next to the downtown fire station. They sold out yesterday rather quickly.
Grabbed an order of pork lumpia with pancit this evening...good stuff.

Old 02-02-2022, 05:13 PM

Both Spankies and World Foods announced this week they are opening on Mondays...pretty sure that Spankies had previousy been open on Mondays, not sure about World Foods.

Old 02-02-2022, 10:15 PM
JRR JRR started this thread

8,161 posts, read 5,654,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragenvol View Post
Grabbed an order of pork lumpia with pancit this evening...good stuff.
Good stuff is right. We got dinner from Taste of the Philippines restaurant here in Algood Friday night. My wife loves the catfish and I got the chicken barbeque. Both with lumpia, pancit and grilled vegetables.

Old 02-25-2022, 08:36 AM

Has anyone heard if Great Harvest Bread is moving any closer to being sold and staying open?

Old 03-09-2022, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Has anyone heard if Great Harvest Bread is moving any closer to being sold and staying open?
The owner posted on their Facebook page today that they had a buyer, but something happened to stop the sale, so Great Harvest will be closing. This breaks my heart for a variety of reasons. They're looking at shutting down by the end of the month.

I wonder what will happen with the space and equipment. Maybe another bakery will take over. But I'm sure going to miss Great Harvest.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 03-09-2022, 10:38 PM

Quote:
The owner posted on their Facebook page today that they had a buyer, but something happened to stop the sale, so Great Harvest will be closing. This breaks my heart for a variety of reasons. They're looking at shutting down by the end of the month.

I wonder what will happen with the space and equipment. Maybe another bakery will take over. But I'm sure going to miss Great Harvest.
Darn, I am so sorry to hear about this. I will be stopping by tomorrow morning as usual to pick up a couple of scones for our breakfast. Guess I'll get a loaf of Popeye bread to as nowhere else to get that after they close. I always thought they had one of the best chicken salad sandwiches in Cookeville; that and the potato soup made a good lunch.

At least we had five years with them. Kind of sounds like maybe the building owner threw a monkey wrench in the deal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville