Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 09:46 AM

1,118 posts, read 1,623,495 times

Advertisements

https://newstalk941.com/ucra-could-k...ghts-by-march/

Please stop; we have an airport with reasonably priced commercial flights only an hour away. I saw the Mayor's FB post earlier....I'm all for economic development, but commercial air here isn't viable nor would any be priced competitively when compared to BNA. If the consulting firm returns any other verdict, then it's biased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 11:06 AM

303 posts, read 299,415 times
I agree. If anything were to get recommended, it would be something like Allegiant. My sister uses them all the time to fly home from South Florida and likes flying that airline. I've flown the similar Frontier once and that was one time too many. I'll pay a bit more and use Southwest out of Nashville.

Old 01-13-2022, 11:37 AM

13,368 posts, read 40,071,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justindb29 View Post
I agree. If anything were to get recommended, it would be something like Allegiant. My sister uses them all the time to fly home from South Florida and likes flying that airline. I've flown the similar Frontier once and that was one time too many. I'll pay a bit more and use Southwest out of Nashville.
It won't be anything like Allegiant. It'll be more like the airport in Jackson TN which has just one puddle jumper airline, Boutique Air, which flies from Jackson to Atlanta and St Louis. Boutique has a codeshare agreement with American and United, so flying out of Jackson requires just one ticket as long as it's with American or United. Assuming it is Boutique (which is a distinct possibility, assuming the study shows the need) Boutique flies nothing but 8-seater Pilatus PC-12 turboprop (not jet) aircraft, manufactured in Switzerland.

The mayor's Facebook page is lit up with people who think our little airport is going to become another BNA. The runway at UCR is already long enough for passenger jets, but we won't have anything remotely like an Allegiant or Spirit or Southwest or anything of the sort.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 01-14-2022, 05:23 AM

303 posts, read 299,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
It won't be anything like Allegiant. It'll be more like the airport in Jackson TN which has just one puddle jumper airline, Boutique Air, which flies from Jackson to Atlanta and St Louis. Boutique has a codeshare agreement with American and United, so flying out of Jackson requires just one ticket as long as it's with American or United. Assuming it is Boutique (which is a distinct possibility, assuming the study shows the need) Boutique flies nothing but 8-seater Pilatus PC-12 turboprop (not jet) aircraft, manufactured in Switzerland.

The mayor's Facebook page is lit up with people who think our little airport is going to become another BNA. The runway at UCR is already long enough for passenger jets, but we won't have anything remotely like an Allegiant or Spirit or Southwest or anything of the sort.

Shows how much I know about that stuff. LOL. Either way, I'll be flying out of Nashville no matter what. I just hope that the amount of money spent on this study was low because I'm not really seeing the benefit of spending the money.

Old 01-14-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justindb29 View Post
Shows how much I know about that stuff. LOL. Either way, I'll be flying out of Nashville no matter what. I just hope that the amount of money spent on this study was low because I'm not really seeing the benefit of spending the money.
If this happens, since I'm a Delta frequent flyer I doubt I'll use it, either, unless whatever puddle jumper they get is codeshared with Delta. Unfortunately, the dominant puddle jumpers in our region, the ones serving similar sized towns such as Tupelo MS, Jackson TN, Paducah KY, Florence-Muscle Shoals AL, are all partnered with American or United.

We're also talking years from now. It'll take at least three years for this to take off (no pun intended) if they decide to pursue this. A lot can happen in that time.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Old 02-25-2022, 12:14 PM

16 posts, read 16,324 times
Default UC Regional Airport commercial air service survey

The Upper Cumberland Regional Airport requests that you take this survey and let them and the airlines know where you would like to see air service from the airport. Your input is critical in determining routes that the local communities would use.

The survey is open to anyone that would use the service in the Upper Cumberland Region. Thanks in advance for your input! Share with your friends!

https://www.ucregionalairport.com/su...CuMSgBrbBgoMfU

Old 02-26-2022, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl69cub View Post
The Upper Cumberland Regional Airport requests that you take this survey and let them and the airlines know where you would like to see air service from the airport. Your input is critical in determining routes that the local communities would use.

The survey is open to anyone that would use the service in the Upper Cumberland Region. Thanks in advance for your input! Share with your friends!

https://www.ucregionalairport.com/su...CuMSgBrbBgoMfU
I just filled out that survey. It does ask for an email address although it says it won't share it. It's easy to create an email account at gmail for those who don't want to give away personal information. Anyway, the last question is one which I hope people will really think about before answering: "Is there a specific destination that you would like to have service to from Upper Cumberland Regional Airport?"

I'm sure a lot of people will put something like Orlando or Panama City or Fort Walton Beach or some other vacation spot. I really think the only logical destination is Atlanta. For one thing, it's not that far away, only about an hour by plane. I don't think people realize just how uncomfortable those small puddle jumpers can be for more than an hour, even if it's a small jet like this one:

Anyway, if people are serious about having commercial air service at Upper Cumberland Regional, I really think the only logical destination is Atlanta. It's not that far away, and it's the busiest airport in the world with flights to every corner of North America and to literally every continent except Australia. ATL is not just Delta's main hub with over 1,000 flights a day, it's also a hub for low cost carriers Southwest, Frontier, and Spirit with, by far, more flights to more Florida and Caribbean destinations than what there is out of Nashville.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
your - possession
their - possession
lose - opposite of win
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 02-26-2022 at 09:14 AM..

Old 02-26-2022, 09:20 AM

I agree 100%! Atlanta is the perfect choice if they determine air service is possible.

Old 03-04-2022, 06:05 PM

231 posts, read 586,893 times
Atlanta (Delta, Southwest) and also Charlotte (American)

Old 04-25-2022, 09:59 AM

Default Airport Layout Plan approved for UCRA

https://newstalk941.com/ucra-gets-10...plan-approval/

I just saw this online, it mentions commercial air flights were not listed in their 10 year plan to the FAA.

Although this says this plan was for federal grants, so maybe commercial flights could still be considered with other funding sources? Guess we'll find out for sure when the results of the feasibility study come out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville