Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 09:42 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,630,018 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure about your point here. Are you saying if someone calls themself a treehugger that they should happily go farther than necessary to recycle?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 08:26 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,829,412 times
I am saying that if you believe in a cause like that. And EVERYBODY is now doing it that way. Why snivel about it.
And we all have to do it that way here.

Last edited by shadowwalker; 05-12-2007 at 08:44 AM..

Old 05-12-2007, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
I am saying that if you believe in a cause like that. And EVERYBODY is now doing it that way. Why snivel about it.
And we all have to do it that way here.
We have a curbside pickup service here.........

Old 05-15-2007, 05:55 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,829,412 times
AK, did you miss the point of her living in the country? That's out side of the city.
I guess for you I should have clarified that us in the country have to go into the city or by them to dump our trash and recycleables.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:30 AM

Wow, angry much?

I was simply responding to your (yelling) comment that, "EVERYBODY is now doing it that way."
Not everybody..........

Last edited by akm4; 05-15-2007 at 09:43 AM..

Old 04-17-2008, 10:05 AM

6 posts, read 17,412 times
to the people of cookeville!!are you aware theres a vineyard in your name in baxter? construction is underway.im in baxter,just 2.5 miles from me, is the new community,with a vineyard selling wine at the entrance.if anyone knows anything cocerning the vineyard/community.i would apppreciate any feedback.im no tree hugger but theres piles of huge oak trees,and bulldovers,i havent seen a deer there in months,and a huge sign saying bringing a taste of cookeville.whats your definition of a taste of cookeille?are there other places in cookeville with vineyard based communities?

Old 04-17-2008, 10:36 AM

869 posts, read 1,786,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-money View Post
to the people of cookeville!!are you aware theres a vineyard in your name in baxter? construction is underway.im in baxter,just 2.5 miles from me, is the new community,with a vineyard selling wine at the entrance.if anyone knows anything cocerning the vineyard/community.i would apppreciate any feedback.im no tree hugger but theres piles of huge oak trees,and bulldovers,i havent seen a deer there in months,and a huge sign saying bringing a taste of cookeville.whats your definition of a taste of cookeille?are there other places in cookeville with vineyard based communities?

See this thread:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/tenne...am-winery.html

Old 04-17-2008, 02:55 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,837,764 times
As far as recycling there are plenty of recycling bins around Cookeville and throughout the county so recycling is not a problem. As Shadowwalker stated things are done a little differently for those in the country. In order for curb service for recycling, taxes would have to increase. Now that is almost touching on an example of how small towns are changing due to "transplants". You know, "thats not how its done where I'm from" and how it tends to irk people.

Anyway, Scrapbook, There is a bow club that my bil is in if you are into bow shooting I can give you the info to check out.

There are plenty of treehuggers in the area. I have been accused of being one myself.

I really dont think you want to live in Monterey. I have lived there over 30 yrs. and would be happy to answer any questions or help in any way.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:57 PM

1,113 posts, read 2,519,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenandoah View Post
hey, we just believe in eating healthy, but LOVE our pizza, steak, hotdogs, BBQ's,
OMG.....that's healthy? I thought you were going to say organic fruits and vegetables

Scrapbook, it sounds like you are going to fit right in. More so I believe, then in Florida where just about everyone is trying to keep up with....well, everyone else. You will probably feel free for once in your life.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:12 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,486,336 times
Folks, keep in mind that this is an old thread. Scrapbookqueen hasn't posted since April 2007 and last logged in January of this year.

Scrapbookqueen, if you are out there and reading this, come on back and join in the fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville