Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 05:08 AM

20 posts, read 50,929 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have just made an offer and it was accepted on Thelma's Place in Cookeville and we takeover Sept 1. We are extremely excited to moving from Indiana to Cookeville and look forward to the opportunity. We have been looking for a restaurant for about 2 years in that area and feel we can make this a go. We have several years experience in the restaurant business as we presently own the Toast Cafe in Anderson, In. The Toast has been around for 57 years and is an icon in Anderson. Our specialties include a variety of Omelets, Manhattans, Burgers(Onion Burger,Chiliburger)and a variety of breakfast, lunch, and dinner items. Thelma's is presently open from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm. Mon-Fri. We are thinking of opening on Saturday and possibly opening for dinner. I would welcome any ideas that you may have to help us make this a success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 08:09 AM

1,323 posts, read 4,701,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gent3278 View Post
My wife and I have just made an offer and it was accepted on Thelma's Place in Cookeville and we takeover Sept 1. We are extremely excited to moving from Indiana to Cookeville and look forward to the opportunity. We have been looking for a restaurant for about 2 years in that area and feel we can make this a go. We have several years experience in the restaurant business as we presently own the Toast Cafe in Anderson, In. The Toast has been around for 57 years and is an icon in Anderson. Our specialties include a variety of Omelets, Manhattans, Burgers(Onion Burger,Chiliburger)and a variety of breakfast, lunch, and dinner items. Thelma's is presently open from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm. Mon-Fri. We are thinking of opening on Saturday and possibly opening for dinner. I would welcome any ideas that you may have to help us make this a success.
Best of luck to you in your business venture!

Old 08-20-2009, 09:22 AM

1,387 posts, read 3,437,280 times
Best of luck to you and your wife. I definately think that being open on Saturday is a plus. It is hard to take the kids to breakfast during the week. My kids also enjoy homefries and hasbrowns...and I would prefer it came with a breakfast special...instead of a $3 side item. They don't eat biscuits and gravy...just yet. We will be in to see you shortly! And WELCOME to Beautiful Cookeville!

Old 08-20-2009, 09:58 AM

We will have several breakfast specials that include homefries and hashbrowns. Our homefries are real fried potatoes and not cubed or tots. We are also going to run a Ham and Bean Special with Homefries and Corn Muffin. Give us a try and let me know what you think.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:03 AM

13,355 posts, read 39,968,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gent3278 View Post
We will have several breakfast specials that include homefries and hashbrowns. Our homefries are real fried potatoes and not cubed or tots. We are also going to run a Ham and Bean Special with Homefries and Corn Muffin. Give us a try and let me know what you think.
That sounds wonderful!!! And my goodness I'm hungry now after reading that. I could go for some real fried potatoes right now.

Best of luck with the restaurant! I hope you love living in Cookeville. I'm planning on living there someday, too.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:16 PM

869 posts, read 1,787,812 times
We will be sure to check it out. Saturday's would be good for us too. I'll definitely say Hi when we stop in.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:02 PM

1,387 posts, read 3,437,280 times
Can't wait to try it! See you soon!

Old 08-23-2009, 08:57 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,198,352 times
Congratulations on your purchase What's a Manhattan? (I don't think you mean the cocktail that goes by the same name)

Old 08-24-2009, 05:08 AM

A Manhattan is meat (Roast Beef, Breaded Tenderloin, Grilled Tenderloin or Ground Round) in between two pieces of bread sliced down the middle with any type of potato stuck between covered with brown gravy. I am not sure but it may be called a hot brown down here in the south.

Old 08-24-2009, 05:17 AM

Hey city-data forum posters we have decided that when you come in to try us out just mention city-data and we will take 50 percent off of your first meal. Although I don't post often, I frequent this site daily and appreciate all the great information that I have received about the middle Tennessee area. Look forward to putting some faces with the names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Cookeville
View detailed profiles of: