Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 12:44 AM

7 posts, read 21,568 times

Advertisements

Rockport is great. I have a house about 6 blocks from the bay right near the Rockport/Fulton dividing line. Fulton is kind of in the middle of Rockport between the bay and business 35, only way you can tell you have gone from one to the other is there are no mailboxes in Fulton so you have to go and pick up your mail at the post office. Anyhow the houses in my neighborhood run from between 100 and 300 grand and up depending but most the houses around mine are 3 bedroom ranch type houses that are in the 140 to 180 thousand dollar range. Rockport is kind of touristy. There are a ton of RV parks. In the winter you have your old winter texans who stay for 3 or 4 months and basically hang out at their trailers you don't really see them out much except at restaurants or the store. In the summer you have your younger to middle age tourists with families who go to the beach or go fishing. Tons of fisherman come in the summer. Oyster fest is probably the biggest weekend of the year in Rockport/Fulton every March if you like oysters there is no better place in Texas to live than Rockport. I buy them 4 dollars for a dozen at the fish market in fulton. Corpus is not a dump per se it's just not that great in my opinion. I only find myself going over there to shop for clothes. I try to avoid SPID but downtown Corpus is nice with it's beach and all. It's nothing special though, no knock your socks off restaurants or bars in my opinion. They are building a new bridge there I think starting in early 2017 and it will take 4 or 5 years to complete so that should be a little bit of a nightmare for commuting but I am not sure how they are doing it. It's a nice, safe, very friendly town (at least from everyone I have met).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 07:49 AM

35 posts, read 153,125 times
Interesting read about Rockport! I live north of Dallas and planning on moving/retiring to the coast so did a little research on....Rockport vs Aransas Pass on cost of living, etc. Data shows Rockport to be higher overall BUT...sometimes one does get what they pay for. I guess the bottom line is, will I be happier in 1 place over another. Am purchasing a boat so will live on land and on the boat. Planning on purchasing a 5thwheel or a mobile home, depending on the Park I guess...some are nice and some are not soooo nice. I am sure there are "food for thought" that I am not thinking of????

Old 05-22-2015, 09:46 AM

733 posts, read 853,758 times
Anyone have an remarks about communting from Rockport to CC, or any advice about neighborhoods in Rockport? Like cute ones - if anyone has time or inclination to give some boundary streets of the cute areas (very modest cute ones, too)...

Old 05-22-2015, 02:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtoia View Post
Interesting read about Rockport! I live north of Dallas and planning on moving/retiring to the coast so did a little research on....Rockport vs Aransas Pass on cost of living, etc. Data shows Rockport to be higher overall BUT...sometimes one does get what they pay for. I guess the bottom line is, will I be happier in 1 place over another. Am purchasing a boat so will live on land and on the boat. Planning on purchasing a 5thwheel or a mobile home, depending on the Park I guess...some are nice and some are not soooo nice. I am sure there are "food for thought" that I am not thinking of????
I suggest you take a week or two and go down to the coast. Stay a few days in Rockport and explore and then stay a few days in Aransas Pass and explore.

Can't give you any info on Aransas Pass as I've only driven through it, never stayed there but I have stayed at Rockport several times. It's on my short list of the next place to live. New HEB and Walmart, no real traffic issues, not too touristy, good places to eat, relaxed, casual atmosphere to the town. Not too far a drive down to CC where all the big box and chains are.

Here's where I've stayed several times. Nice and clean. Walking distance to the beach and the artsy part of downtown.

Candlelight Cottages by the Beach are very nicely appointed and come with fully equipped kitchens, located in Rockport, Texas

Old 06-08-2015, 07:03 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,526,493 times
If you live South -the ride into CC is about 24-27 minutes. Rockport is nice and lots of coast per person. It does have a somewhat corrupt and good ole boy govt but everyone is friendly and there is no traffic.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:12 AM

Thx WestGuest!~ Sorry to hear that it's good ol' boy - seems I can't get away from that, no matter where I move -

Old 06-14-2015, 02:16 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
The OP isn't calling Corpus a dump. He's reporting that he's been told that is is somewhat of a dump.
I did not say that SHE called it a dump. Regardless, reporting that anyone said it is a dump is offensive when posting in the CC forum.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:21 PM

552 posts, read 1,056,495 times
Quote:
The OP isn't calling Corpus a dump. He's reporting that he's been told that is is somewhat of a dump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I did not say that SHE called it a dump. Regardless, reporting that anyone said it is a dump is offensive when posting in the CC forum.
I'm offended that Seasick used two is's when one is was adequate. In fact this makes me question the meaning of IS. Recall President Clinton also questioned the meaning of Is.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement..." Citation: according to footnote 1,128 in the Starr's report.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:01 PM

7 posts, read 21,568 times
Quote:
Anyone have an remarks about communting from Rockport to CC, or any advice about neighborhoods in Rockport? Like cute ones - if anyone has time or inclination to give some boundary streets of the cute areas (very modest cute ones, too)...
I am not sure what you mean by "cute" but if you are looking for quiet ranch style homes that are a little older and not super expensive then you might want to look in the area where Rockport and Fulton meet at Palmetto street and several blocks in either direction. I live in this neighborhood and it's a mix of nice homes with good neighbors in my opinion. I love being able to walk down to the bars in Fulton in less than 10 minutes and I walk my dog down to the park almost every day. If you are looking for a fancier neighborhood you could go to the country club area which has bigger and newer construction and more modern looking homes or you could go to Key Allegro if you really want to live on the water in an expensive house. I don't know much about other Rockport neighborhoods although some of them near the Rockport marina and downtown seem nice although I have heard of more crime problems over there. I have never ever felt unsafe though walking through my neighborhood at any hour of the day.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:53 AM

THANK YOU, yes that's exactly what I meant by cute - just simple homes, quiet, vintage-looking. Thank you again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi