Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2015, 10:26 PM

552 posts, read 1,056,256 times

Advertisements

You can see it now by moonlight alone.

http://www.nps.gov/webcams-pais/PadreINS.jpg

It's a special night on the island tonight. On the full moon, on a clear night, when the surf is low and those songdogs of the dunes sing their disjointed, staccato Concerto de Coyote.

The sound is buffered somewhat by the dunes and very pleasant when you have a comfortable place to sleep. Not like annoying dogs barking disturbing your rest.

Wild Coyote Sounds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 06:09 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
Nice. Thanks for the post!

Old 06-03-2015, 06:57 AM

733 posts, read 853,576 times
Wow!

I feel bad how so many hate coyotes. I am scared of them, but I wish people would leave them alone.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:53 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
who hates coyotes?

Old 06-03-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
who hates coyotes?
There are hater's for anything you can think of these days. I call them by another name, the jaundiced misanthropic. I had lunch at a Pho shop in Austin today. There was a hipster wearing a "I Hate Hipsters" t-shirt. His girlfriend was covered in brilliant tattoos wearing a pink t-shirt proclaiming " I'm A Virgin" (This is an old shirt). I hate Austin traffic.

This fits Padre past Malaquite Beach.
Ribbon of Sand - R. Carson

Coyote swimming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utDERYua404

Rust

Old 06-04-2015, 06:58 AM

733 posts, read 853,576 times
Quote:
who hates coyotes?
So many people! Ranchers hate them, especially. And a lot of people in our city hate them. They can get pets. Of course, if pets weren't fed by us, they'd be preying on smaller or weaker creatures, too. But getting a pet killed by a coyote will turn people against them. I think coyote habitat is spreading, though.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:31 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,773,290 times
Quote:
who hates coyotes?
Maybe someone who sees one running off with their best laying hen in it's mouth or whose favorite cat or small dog or puppy became a coyote's dinner.

Coyotes can be a costly nuisance. Like wild pigs, they can also be very prolific. Unlike like pigs (which I see no conceivable good out of them and yet I suppose there are be people who have never had to deal with their destruction ask why would anyone hate a wild pig) coyotes do have a purpose, but when they are over populated and certain conditions prevail, they can also become a big PITA.

Old 06-04-2015, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasick View Post
So many people! Ranchers hate them, especially. And a lot of people in our city hate them. They can get pets. Of course, if pets weren't fed by us, they'd be preying on smaller or weaker creatures, too. But getting a pet killed by a coyote will turn people against them. I think coyote habitat is spreading, though.
People habitat is spreading fast!

Recall some seven years ago when the Las Cruces area was suffering a severe drought? A friend there, with a lush yard, complained the jackrabbits were invading his property and the coyotes showed up after the jackrabbits. According to my friend, the rabbits damned near killed all of his chili petines and the coyotes were taking dips in his pool

Doesn't Wile E. Coyote have enough problems: Wile E. Coyote v. Acme Company

Rust, a coyote at the Dog Show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Corpus Christi
View detailed profiles of: