Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 09:30 AM

483 posts, read 409,850 times

Advertisements

Anyone do a Southern Caribbean cruise? If so what cruise line did you chose and how was your experience? I'm considering doing one. I did my first cruise to the Bahamas with Carnival and my second one to Cozumel is scheduled for December. Carnival was nice but am interested in trying Royal Caribbean and Norwegian in the near future!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 06:35 AM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times
Try Royal Caribbean or NCL, too. People always have their favorites and there are pros and cons to every cruise line. I love the A, B, C islands on the southern itinerary but depending on starting port you might have to select a longer cruise.

I've been cruising for years and Princess and Royal are my go to cruise lines but I am sailing for itinerary, do not care about the ship amenities, entertainment, dining, etc., strictly my moving hotel to get to ports I haven't seen yet!

Old 02-28-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Try Royal Caribbean or NCL, too. People always have their favorites and there are pros and cons to every cruise line. I love the A, B, C islands on the southern itinerary but depending on starting port you might have to select a longer cruise.

I've been cruising for years and Princess and Royal are my go to cruise lines but I am sailing for itinerary, do not care about the ship amenities, entertainment, dining, etc., strictly my moving hotel to get to ports I haven't seen yet!
Awesome! I'm going to try both of them out. I don't care about the ocean view and all that because I spend my time out of the room for the experience.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:39 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,665,506 times
Last year, we did an RCI from San Juan to St. Thomas, St. John, Antigua, St. Lucia, Grenada. It was awesome! Definitely a step up from Carnival, but I would sail with them again.

Old 03-02-2017, 01:46 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,424,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewlyNatural View Post
Anyone do a Southern Caribbean cruise? If so what cruise line did you chose and how was your experience? I'm considering doing one. I did my first cruise to the Bahamas with Carnival and my second one to Cozumel is scheduled for December. Carnival was nice but am interested in trying Royal Caribbean and Norwegian in the near future!
I did a 5-day on Holland that was very nice. A lot of older people (50+). I will never take another Carnival cruise because it was full of younger drunks. I'd rather pay a little extra to be with a higher-quality people.

Old 03-02-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
Last year, we did an RCI from San Juan to St. Thomas, St. John, Antigua, St. Lucia, Grenada. It was awesome! Definitely a step up from Carnival, but I would sail with them again.
Awesome!! I definitely want to try other cruise lines out!!

Old 03-02-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I did a 5-day on Holland that was very nice. A lot of older people (50+). I will never take another Carnival cruise because it was full of younger drunks. I'd rather pay a little extra to be with a higher-quality people.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!! I think I'd need to try a cruise line with a younger crowd (other than Carnival), I'm 31! Thanks for sharing your input!!!

Old 03-03-2017, 09:03 PM

356 posts, read 282,005 times
I have only been on 5 cruises, but my favorite cruise to date was a Royal Caribbean from San Juan P.R. to St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Kitts, St. Lucia and Barbados. Very port intensive, and the last day was a sea day which was kind of needed to unwind.

I am shopping now for my next cruise in 2018 and I'm looking at another southern including the ABC islands. Curacao looks so cute I want to see it.

I have to agree on the Carnival comments. I liked Carnival itself (accommodations, food, staff, etc.) but the passengers on the ship were I heard more F bombs in that week than I do in a month at work. People, you're on vacation! Chill!! Lots of drunks, loud and obnoxious. Carnival would have to have one heck of a good deal to get me back.

I have not been on NCL and would be willing to try it for the right price and itinerary. I have been on Royal Caribbean and Princess twice each. RCI seems to be a little younger crowd, but Princess was nice too. I think my preferred line is RCI so far.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVulcan500 View Post
I have only been on 5 cruises, but my favorite cruise to date was a Royal Caribbean from San Juan P.R. to St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Kitts, St. Lucia and Barbados. Very port intensive, and the last day was a sea day which was kind of needed to unwind.

I am shopping now for my next cruise in 2018 and I'm looking at another southern including the ABC islands. Curacao looks so cute I want to see it.

I have to agree on the Carnival comments. I liked Carnival itself (accommodations, food, staff, etc.) but the passengers on the ship were I heard more F bombs in that week than I do in a month at work. People, you're on vacation! Chill!! Lots of drunks, loud and obnoxious. Carnival would have to have one heck of a good deal to get me back.

I have not been on NCL and would be willing to try it for the right price and itinerary. I have been on Royal Caribbean and Princess twice each. RCI seems to be a little younger crowd, but Princess was nice too. I think my preferred line is RCI so far.
I didn't experience the drunken partiers or obnoxious people while cruising. I just want to step it up a notch and see what else is available. More and more it sounds like I'd like Royal. If i don't get a chance to go to the UK next year, I'll be shopping for my next cruise!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Old 03-07-2017, 04:36 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,093,125 times
I will let you know all about my southern Caribbean cruise in a few weeks....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises