Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2008, 05:32 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,940,698 times

Advertisements

I want to plan another cruise this December. I'm not that flexible this year so I'm limited to a specific week in the middle of that month for my vacation. I found a cruise to key west, and cozumel mexico that would work for me. If anyone has been to cozumel, please tell me what its like. I've been on a cruise before so I know many of these places are very 'commercial' and 'touristy'. That's ok- I just want an idea of what are some fun things to do there. Any experiences? By the way, this will be with Carnival.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 08:11 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
I want to plan another cruise this December. I'm not that flexible this year so I'm limited to a specific week in the middle of that month for my vacation. I found a cruise to key west, and cozumel mexico that would work for me. If anyone has been to cozumel, please tell me what its like. I've been on a cruise before so I know many of these places are very 'commercial' and 'touristy'. That's ok- I just want an idea of what are some fun things to do there. Any experiences? By the way, this will be with Carnival.
Cozumel has many things to do. You can go shopping for silver Jewelry in town, Swim with the Dolphins at Chankanaab Park, Welcome to Chankanaab Parks and Museums Foundation in Cozumel Island, Mexico
Just south of the town of San Miguel, is located within Isla Cozumel's Reefs National Marine Park and features the only inland coral reef formation in the world. The park is home to the world renowned eco-system and natural aquarium, Chankanaab Lagoon, with more than 60 species of tropical fish, crustaceans and corals and the only botanical garden on the island, featuring the most diverse species of tropical plants.

Popular park sites and excursions include Dolphin Discovery, where visitors can swim with the dolphins or simply enjoy the 45-minute dolphin encounter. The Sea Lion Show, an exciting display of stunts and other performances featuring the talents of these lovely mammals. The Maya Zone, a modern-day reproduction of a Maya village, in which visitors can learn about the ancient culture's building and farming practices. The Botanical Gardens, a forest cut by trails, in which visitors can identify 350 different plant species, watch exotic birds, or simply bask in the sun. In addition Snuba and Sea Trek are two exciting activities that provide opportunities for visitors to view the reefs located near the shore. Colorful tropical fish fill these waters for the delight of swimmers who can almost touch them.

Also Cozumel has many beach clubs. This one I highly recommend-
Paradise Beach Cozumel beaches , Mexico. Cozumel Beach , Cozumel restaurant, Cozumel snorkeling , cozumel bars
I went to both of these places on cruises there.

Diane G

Old 08-21-2008, 08:41 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,933 times
I took Carnival to Cozumel about 2 years ago. I don't particular like cruses, but it was from work, and free
We came to Cozumel around 8am, went shopping at local stores, and were looking for cheap Tequila LOL
The rest, went swimming, snorkeling, whatever.
Everything is at the port of Cozumel, i wouldn't dare to go far into the city, i didn't feel safe to be deep in....
Well, we found some cheap bar with excellent beer for a $1 a bottle, cheap food and lots of locals to hang out with. Bunch of tourists everywhere, prices are not cheap at all. Lots of Silver, if you're into that stuff.
I liked the market with hand made cloth, especially for children. You have to bargain, of course!
Overall, it was fun, i wish we could stay longer....

Old 08-22-2008, 09:52 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
WE took a cruise that ported in Cozumel for a few hours. We did the snorkel excursion then went down the road to a great mexican restaurant and then a cab into the city. DO NOT JUST STAY RIGHT AT THE SHOPS AT THE PORT!!!!! The city IS SAFE! They have to be or they would lose the tourists. The shops by the cruise terminal are there FOR the cruise passangers only. They are the same shops you see at every port terminal - big whoop. Go into town. Find the vendors that bargain and look around the city. It can be a lot of fun.

Key West is fun as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel > Cruises