Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 02:21 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,247,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbear5599 View Post
Question: Why doesn't the USA respect the cultural norms of other nations? Especially when (in terms of homosexuality) they are in the vast minority of the globe. So in essence the USA is pushing their extreme views on Russia.

If Obama doesn't want to go, fine. But don't send a gay athlete to spite Russia. No one is forcing the USA to attend the Olympics to begin with. This is why America is disliked.
The USOC told all athletes to participate in the games and not make political, social, or moral statements while there. Not sure how that is disrespecting their cultural norm of alienating a group of people based on how they were born.

In your second paragraph, you are saying:
1. That Jesse Owens shouldn't have participated in the Olympics because he was black
2. Some of the best figure skaters shouldn't compete because they are gay

Basically, you are in favor of racism, sexism, and bigotry. Nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 02:32 PM

72 posts, read 83,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
The USOC told all athletes to participate in the games and not make political, social, or moral statements while there. Not sure how that is disrespecting their cultural norm of alienating a group of people based on how they were born.

In your second paragraph, you are saying:
1. That Jesse Owens shouldn't have participated in the Olympics because he was black
2. Some of the best figure skaters shouldn't compete because they are gay

Basically, you are in favor of racism, sexism, and bigotry. Nice.
Your entire argument hinges on the assumption that individuals are born gay. Are people also born racist? In that case why do we judge racist individuals.

I'm in favor of people not pushing their extreme agendas onto others. The overwhelming majority of the globe agrees with Russia on this issue. USA should show some respect to their hosts or stay at home.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Your entire argument hinges on the assumption that individuals are born gay. Are people also born racist? In that case why do we judge racist individuals.

I'm in favor of people not pushing their extreme agendas onto others. The overwhelming majority of the globe agrees with Russia on this issue. USA should show some respect to their hosts or stay at home.
So you were in favor of Hitler's stance on black people when Germany hoste dteh Olympics?

Old 01-28-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
So you were in favor of Hitler's stance on black people when Germany hoste dteh Olympics?
I wasn't alive. But I walked in that Olympic Stadium 6 months ago

Owens stated he was treated better by the Nazis (Hitler sent him portrait) than he was by his fellow citizens upon returning to the USA

Each culture and society is free to do what they want. Otherwise the USA would be forced to assimilate by the majority of this planet.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
The mayor forgets there is two night clubs in the city.

Here is pictures from there cabaret shows.

Sochi Gay Scene Thriving

Old 01-28-2014, 02:59 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Why should we respect ignorance and bigotry?

Old 01-28-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Why should we respect ignorance and bigotry?
That's exactly what Russia (and the rest of the world) is wondering. Why is the USA constantly pushing their extreme and ignorant culture onto others.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:27 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Your entire argument hinges on the assumption that individuals are born gay.
People are born gay. Sexuality is a chemical reaction within you. It's why, if you are a straight man, you're not aroused at all when showering at the gym with other men. The chemistry in your brain doesn't trigger sexual desire. It's why, if you're a straight man, you will notice a very attractive woman. Gay people's chemistry trigger them when they see a person of the same sex. Bisexual people get the trigger from both sexes.

Assuming you are a man, have you ever been chemically triggered by another man? Have you ever had sexual dreams involving another man? If not, that should be proof enough to you that sexual preference is a chemical mechanism that you do not control. If you have, it's because you were born that way. And with many aspects of chemistry, it's not an all or nothing event. There are probably people who get slightly triggered one way or another.

It's kind of like taste. I can't stand the taste of mayonnaise, because of how my chemistry responds to its "flavor"; whereas, my brothers love it. My daughter can't stand chocolate, but my son can't get enough of it. Other people might think mayonnaise and chocolate are ok, but wouldn't go out of their way to order it.

It's natural to believe that something that has no appeal to you might be gross, weird or whatever, but not everyone is wired the way you are wired.

Here is a question for you. Do you believe you could force yourself to have sexual dreams about a person of the same sex? If not, why do you think any other person can force their body's chemistry to change for them?

Old 01-29-2014, 12:13 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,533,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
People are born gay. Sexuality is a chemical reaction within you. It's why, if you are a straight man, you're not aroused at all when showering at the gym with other men. The chemistry in your brain doesn't trigger sexual desire. It's why, if you're a straight man, you will notice a very attractive woman. Gay people's chemistry trigger them when they see a person of the same sex. Bisexual people get the trigger from both sexes.

Assuming you are a man, have you ever been chemically triggered by another man? Have you ever had sexual dreams involving another man? If not, that should be proof enough to you that sexual preference is a chemical mechanism that you do not control. If you have, it's because you were born that way. And with many aspects of chemistry, it's not an all or nothing event. There are probably people who get slightly triggered one way or another.

It's kind of like taste. I can't stand the taste of mayonnaise, because of how my chemistry responds to its "flavor"; whereas, my brothers love it. My daughter can't stand chocolate, but my son can't get enough of it. Other people might think mayonnaise and chocolate are ok, but wouldn't go out of their way to order it.

It's natural to believe that something that has no appeal to you might be gross, weird or whatever, but not everyone is wired the way you are wired.

Here is a question for you. Do you believe you could force yourself to have sexual dreams about a person of the same sex? If not, why do you think any other person can force their body's chemistry to change for them?
Don't bother with science, these types hate stuff like that.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:

So, you are saying that people are not born gay, because people aren't born racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events