Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 09:32 AM

26 posts, read 31,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
People are born gay. Sexuality is a chemical reaction within you. It's why, if you are a straight man, you're not aroused at all when showering at the gym with other men. The chemistry in your brain doesn't trigger sexual desire. It's why, if you're a straight man, you will notice a very attractive woman. Gay people's chemistry trigger them when they see a person of the same sex. Bisexual people get the trigger from both sexes.

Assuming you are a man, have you ever been chemically triggered by another man? Have you ever had sexual dreams involving another man? If not, that should be proof enough to you that sexual preference is a chemical mechanism that you do not control. If you have, it's because you were born that way. And with many aspects of chemistry, it's not an all or nothing event. There are probably people who get slightly triggered one way or another.

It's kind of like taste. I can't stand the taste of mayonnaise, because of how my chemistry responds to its "flavor"; whereas, my brothers love it. My daughter can't stand chocolate, but my son can't get enough of it. Other people might think mayonnaise and chocolate are ok, but wouldn't go out of their way to order it.

It's natural to believe that something that has no appeal to you might be gross, weird or whatever, but not everyone is wired the way you are wired.

Here is a question for you. Do you believe you could force yourself to have sexual dreams about a person of the same sex? If not, why do you think any other person can force their body's chemistry to change for them?
Yes. Attraction changes. Compare the sexual desires of young boys to adult men....they are different: focus on face versus physical features.

What is the phenomenon of homosexuality in submarine type settings? If you put two straight men on a desert Island with the guarantee they would never encounter a female again: The chances of them engaging in homosexual behavior would sky rocket

Not everyone is born gay and not everyone turns gay. It's equal, nature vs nurture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 10:08 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFO_FIFO View Post
Yes. Attraction changes. Compare the sexual desires of young boys to adult men....they are different: focus on face versus physical features.
Your chemistry changes as you age.

Quote:
What is the phenomenon of homosexuality in submarine type settings? If you put two straight men on a desert Island with the guarantee they would never encounter a female again: The chances of them engaging in homosexual behavior would sky rocket
You're talking about behavior, which is completely different.

I hate mayonnaise, but put me on a desert island with nothing to eat, and I'll be eating the hell out of mayonnaise.

Sexual frustration in men can lead to homosexual behavior in the right situations; however, that will not turn them into homosexuals. Homosexuality is the attraction to the same sex. Two men on a desert island would be attracted to performing a sexual act not an attraction to the same sex. There is a major difference.

Let's say your on a desert island with the only source of water being some stinky, nasty putrid water puddle. You drink it out of necessity. Does that mean you like the taste of that water now?

Old 01-30-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Your chemistry changes as you age.

You're talking about behavior, which is completely different.

I hate mayonnaise, but put me on a desert island with nothing to eat, and I'll be eating the hell out of mayonnaise.

Sexual frustration in men can lead to homosexual behavior in the right situations; however, that will not turn them into homosexuals. Homosexuality is the attraction to the same sex. Two men on a desert island would be attracted to performing a sexual act not an attraction to the same sex. There is a major difference.

Let's say your on a desert island with the only source of water being some stinky, nasty putrid water puddle. You drink it out of necessity. Does that mean you like the taste of that water now?
Ultimately whether a drug user likes to shoot up his arm or shoots up his arm out of necessity, does not matter. Whether a drunk driver got behind the wheel conscious or blacked out, does not matter.

I am sure you are well aware of the metaphor with building bridges and performing fellatio on another man?

Old 01-30-2014, 10:55 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,224,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I think you're wrong. I think YOU have misinterpreted the article...
WHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!!! !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
The USOC told all athletes to participate in the games and not make political, social, or moral statements while there. Not sure how that is disrespecting their cultural norm of alienating a group of people based on how they were born.

In your second paragraph, you are saying:
1. That Jesse Owens shouldn't have participated in the Olympics because he was black
2. Some of the best figure skaters shouldn't compete because they are gay

Basically, you are in favor of racism, sexism, and bigotry. Nice.
I assume that poster is referring to the three gay athletes that are part of the IOC delegation, not athletes participating in the actual events.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:20 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Quote:
Ultimately whether a drug user likes to shoot up his arm or shoots up his arm out of necessity, does not matter. Whether a drunk driver got behind the wheel conscious or blacked out, does not matter.

I am sure you are well aware of the metaphor with building bridges and performing fellatio on another man?

So if you were in jail and Bubba says "blow me or I'll kill you when you're sleeping" and you perform fellatio on Bubba out of necessity, does this mean you are a homosexual?

Old 01-30-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
So if you were in jail and Bubba says "blow me or I'll kill you when you're sleeping" and you perform fellatio on Bubba out of necessity, does this mean you are a homosexual?
Trick question because everyone knows if you perform it once, Bubba will return later that day for seconds. So the answer is I wouldn't perform it, I'd stand my ground.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:39 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
Quote:
Wow, I can't believe how people are misinterpreting him.

When he says there are no gay people in his city, he means "gay" as in "happy".
Maybe you're kidding, but here's the exchange:

But when asked whether gay people had to hide their sexuality in Sochi, the Mayor said: "No, we just say that it is your business, it's your life. But it's not accepted here in the Caucasus where we live. We do not have them in our city."
When challenged, the mayor admitted that he was not certain there were no gay people in Sochi: "I am not sure, but I don't bloody know them."

Old 01-30-2014, 04:53 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,103,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbear5599 View Post
Question: Why doesn't the USA respect the cultural norms of other nations? Especially when (in terms of homosexuality) they are in the vast minority of the globe. So in essence the USA is pushing their extreme views on Russia.

=.
Good God! Since when did homosexuality become an extreme view?

Does anyone ever notice that those people who are very homophobic are usually in the closet?

Old 01-31-2014, 07:54 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Does anyone ever notice that those people who are very homophobic are usually in the closet?
I used to not believe it, but I keep hearing them essentially say, "In the right situation, I'd be gay."

Old 01-31-2014, 03:57 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,621,603 times
Quote:
Sexual frustration in men can lead to homosexual behavior in the right situations; however, that will not turn them into homosexuals.
So many people do not understand this concept...

Anyway, the mayor is clearly delusional. I remember Ahmadinejad saying the same thing about Iran, that there were no gay people there. I just don't see how people can say those things and really believe it. That's a level of hatred I will never understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events