Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 10:03 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
Thanks for those fascinating photos of Woody and Soon-Yi and their 2 adopted children from China. Look at how Woody holds his "daughters". Never in one million years would my father have ever put his hands on me or my sister like that. There was this built in, natural modesty and physical distancing as we grew older. Fathers who hold onto girls that age are inappropriate and sickening. If those photos are authentic, then I do feel he has a sick attraction to young women (girls, even). The guy is no good.
Thank you. Far too many people refuse to acknowledge the truth about this disgusting man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 10:23 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead;
According to both Mia Farrow's autobiography and Soonyi Previn's own account, Woody Allen had virtually no relationship of any kind with Soonyi until they began a relationship when she was twenty years old.

Mia Farrow leveled the charges of child molestation against Woody Allen several days after he began a child custody suit for the three children of whom he was the legal father.
Again, Allen had taken nude photos of Soonyi when she was 14.

And Allen had been in therapy for inappropriate behavior with Dylan before the child custody suit began, even before the divorce, IIRC.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:33 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,142,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Again, Allen had taken nude photos of Soonyi when she was 14.

And Allen had been in therapy for inappropriate behavior with Dylan before the child custody suit began, even before the divorce, IIRC.
Please provide a link for that ridiculous claim. Every source I've seen has said 19-21 (because her real birthdate is not known).

And holy mother of god, people. THEY WERE NEVER MARRIED. THERE WAS NO DIVORCE.

So no, you do NOT recall rightly.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:38 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,142,138 times
Quote:
Thanks for those fascinating photos of Woody and Soon-Yi and their 2 adopted children from China. Look at how Woody holds his "daughters". Never in one million years would my father have ever put his hands on me or my sister like that. There was this built in, natural modesty and physical distancing as we grew older. Fathers who hold onto girls that age are inappropriate and sickening. If those photos are authentic, then I do feel he has a sick attraction to young women (girls, even). The guy is no good.
Seriously? You've got one perverted mind, dear.

One of the photos, of him holding her arm reminds me of my grandfather, who's now deceased. He was born in the south, but left in his teens. Whenever I was with him, and we were crossing a street, he would take my arm just like that. I always thought it was so sweet ... because at his age, he probably could have used my help more than I needed his.

I'm very sorry for you that you apparently had such a sterile, and un-loving relationship with your father. Maybe that's why you think simple expressions of affection ... like hugging, holding hands, sitting on your father's lap ... are sickening. They're not.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:52 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,123,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Woody Allen and his adopted daughter. Isn't this how his affair started with Soon Yi? We see you Woody.

Looks like you are having dirty thoughts about the little girls. Why?

Old 02-12-2014, 07:06 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,885,876 times
Quote:
I looked at these pictures again. Am I missing something? I see a father holding his daughters hands. I have trouble grasping the logic and conclusions of your post and the poster of those pictures until I realize it's due to human perception. You don't see a father with his daughter, you see a child molester fondling a pre-teen girl.

Now, I don't know if Woody is guilty or not, and that allows me to view the pictures objectively. You are convinced that he is a molester, and thus your view is clouded by bias and subjectivity. An interesting phenomena because one thing I do know is that the pictures show no innapropriate behavior. Try it yourself, cover Woody's face, perhaps put in your father's face. Anyways the pictures are public, look them up, the original pictures are found in "People" magazine type online publication with the heading text say something like "here is Woody and his family on an outing in Italy..." and then explaining the public and innocent event, not "here is a sneaky picture of Woody abusing his children".

At least I hope you and the previous posters (the person that posted the picture) are commenting based on flawed human perception....because indeed if children are now growing up in a cold, impersonal, sterile and cynical world where even the act of a father holding his daughters hand is considered taboo and viewed with suspicion - then I have given up faith on mankind.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:44 AM

2,526 posts, read 3,050,755 times
Quote:
While the two of you bask in the mutual admiration of your shared sexual paranoia, most of the rest of us are left to sadly ponder just how dysfunctional one's perception of human sexuality must be to equate pictures of a father and daughter innocently interacting in public, with child molestation.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:23 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,574,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Ronan his supposed son...doesnt go near the creep or speak to him.... never in a million years is he the son of this horror of a wee man.. he gives me the shudders ..
Why is Woody Allen a creep? Have you met him, or are you forming this opinion based on the manipulative distribution of information by the media? I am friends with someone who knows him personally, as a neighbor, and has shared that he is a remarkably friendly and kind man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Woody Allen is a creep who seems to have a thing for women in their late teenage years. He has also been quoted saying some strange stuff about 12-year-olds. But do I really think he is a pedophile? MAYBE an ephebophile, but a pedophile? It's hard to say. It's certainly possible, but Mia Farrow seems to have serious issues as well. I am glad neither of them are my parents.
Based on what? He fell in love with someone clearly his junior, who he was neither biologically or legally related to, who was a consenting adult and at a time when he was single. That's not creepy, that's human nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
What's even scarier are all his defenders.
By defenders I'm assuming you mean people who actually know him, have shared in his life some way and aren't forming opinions based on what they see, read or hear in the media? Actually, what's scary is how quick people are to judge him based entirely on pure conjecture offered up by people who clearly do not like him for cliched reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast_CA View Post
The guy is a child molester. No ifs and or buts. Evil. Doesn't matter you make good movies. You still molested kids.
And so, finally, he's a suspected child molester who was accused by his ex-wife who has publicly displayed hatred for him before the allegations surfaced, who has routinely exhibited strange behaviors, was promiscuous and committed adultery and has never been able to provide even a single piece of evidence that anything ever happened. For that you're able to judge him as guilty?

But let me ask you this: How many child molesters have only done it one time and never again? He lives his life in the spotlight and is under constant media scrutiny and yet, despite that, has never been accused of repeating this heinous crime. We live in a world where if Lindsey Lohan trips on a sidewalk crack it's tweeted within seconds, Justin Bieber tosses an egg and CNN declares it breaking news. But Woody Allen, a creepy, child molester, has never been reported to have ever repeated this criminal act?

Shame on all of you for judging someone you don't actually know based on accusations by a group of people who clearly stand to gain from such allegations and who have themselves routinely exhibited odd behaviors and without a single, measurable piece of evidence. I can only hope that one day you'll also stand accused of something based on pure conjecture so you can understand why what you're doing is morally reprehensible.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:22 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
At the very least, Woody Allen is guilty of having an inappropriate relationship with the teenage daughter of his girlfriend (who is also the sister to his children).

Yes, Soon Yi and Dylan are sisters. So how is it ok for your father to start effing your sister?

And at worst he molested his daughter Dylan who has provided painful details of the abuse. Woody Allen's inappropriate behavior with Dylan and the psychological counseling that he received for his inappropriate "attention" to Dylan are all a part of the court findings. According to the court documents the babysitter caught Woody Allen with his head between Dylan's legs and Dylan did not have on underwear. There had been previous instructions not to leave Woody Allen alone with Dylan.

A link to the court documents

http://www.vanityfair.com/dam/2014/0...stody-suit.pdf

Old 02-12-2014, 09:59 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,574,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
At the very least, Woody Allen is guilty of having an inappropriate relationship with the teenage daughter of his girlfriend (who is also the sister to his children).

Yes, Soon Yi and Dylan are sisters. So how is it ok for your father to start effing your sister?

And at worst he molested his daughter Dylan who has provided painful details of the abuse. Woody Allen's inappropriate behavior with Dylan and the psychological counseling that he received for his inappropriate "attention" to Dylan are all a part of the court findings. According to the court documents the babysitter caught Woody Allen with his head between Dylan's legs and Dylan did not have on underwear. There had been previous instructions not to leave Woody Allen alone with Dylan.

A link to the court documents

http://www.vanityfair.com/dam/2014/0...stody-suit.pdf
First, Soon-Yi was twenty at the time she developed a romantic relationship with Woody Allen. Second, the document is simply a narrative of the whole sordid tale and was only of record as a byproduct of the proceedings, not as a result of extensive analysis and/or investigative work. It still comes down to the simple fact that Mia Farrow said it happened and there was no supporting evidence.

Consider this, for many years I believed a story my own mother shared about her sister, my Aunt. Recently I had the occasion to talk to my cousin about this and he told me a completely different version of the story. In one version my Aunt looked very bad, in the other, like a passionate and emotional person but in a much more positive light. My point is that knowing only one version I've long concluded certain "facts" about my Aunt and only now, at the age of fifty have been presented with a very different perspective. I'm one of three children, my two other siblings think my cousin is romanticizing the story because it's his mother, I think his version is most likely correct because he was actually there and witnessed everything first hand. My point, out of a sense of loyalty I accepted my mothers version without questioning anything. But that doesn't mean she had it right, is all I'm sayin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events