Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 02:45 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
And Mia Farrow refused to take one at all.

Please cite the source for saying the test he took was "administered by an acquaintance of his." Every reference to it I've found simply says by an independent agency.
Sorry, I'm not going to dig through all the links provided on this thread and the other 2 in other forums on C-D. In any case, he chose the independent agency. He refused the police lie detector test. Police don't recognize as valid the results of the test he took. He claims in his defense that he passed a lie detector test. He doesn't say he refused the one administered by law enforcement. If he had nothing to hide he would have taken the police test.

Just wondering: how would he have been allowed to adopt kids with Soon Yi, anyway, after all this controvery? Don't adoption agencies have a strict approval process?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2014, 02:49 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,607,659 times
Yes, I believe that Dylan is telling the truth.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
I believe Woody Allen is telling the truth and this could be easily resolved if Mia Farrow would take a lie detector test. Accusing a public figure of this behavior is huge and since Dylan was easily manipulated by Farrow when young, let Mia take a test and we'll all believe her version.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:04 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,142,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Just wondering: how would he have been allowed to adopt kids with Soon Yi, anyway, after all this controvery? Don't adoption agencies have a strict approval process?
Yes, and from what one article said, it was in two different states. So two different states vigorously investigated the situation before the adoption was approved.

Doesn't that tell you anything?

Old 02-17-2014, 05:29 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,222 times
I think she is probably telling the truth.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:29 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What about Mia Farrow being the one to stir the drama pot again and get Dylan going on that made up story? What's more believable to me is that Mia brainwashed and coached her young daughter Dylan into thinking that she was abused by Woody.

And stop comparing your co-worker's experiences with what is happening with the Woody Allen situation. Every single abuse situation is different. Yes, there are sex abusers, but it's also a very common situation for bitter and vindictive ex-spouses to tell lies and attack their exes. Women lie too and make up false accusations of rape.
I'm not arguing with you at ALL, in fact I agree that more than likely this whole abuse of Dylan mess is BUNK!

MY point was that if he really DID do those things, then the behavior would reveal itself like it did with my friend.

Make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Woody Allen and his adopted daughter. Isn't this how his affair started with Soon Yi? We see you Woody.
Oh please!

Not every man that hugs or holds hands with a female child is a pedo. Heck, in the first pic, it looks like the GIRL is helping HIM by holding him up, nothing pervy about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
To calipoppy:

All that those photos you posted show to me are family outings. YOU are the SICK one here to insinuate anything more. They are photos taken in PUBLIC. I could go on, but why bother. Some people on this thread are just too scary for me to acknowledge anymore.
Yup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Anne View Post
Thanks for those fascinating photos of Woody and Soon-Yi and their 2 adopted children from China. Look at how Woody holds his "daughters". Never in one million years would my father have ever put his hands on me or my sister like that. There was this built in, natural modesty and physical distancing as we grew older. Fathers who hold onto girls that age are inappropriate and sickening. If those photos are authentic, then I do feel he has a sick attraction to young women (girls, even). The guy is no good.
Oh please, I can remember like it was yesterday the day I found out my best friend in HS was killed in a car wreck, my Dad held me together literally, I thought I was breaking into pieces. He held me on the couch and let me cry myself to sleep in his arms.

There was NOTHING sexual about that, he was doing what a good Dad does, giving comfort and love to his child in need.

I find it HIGHLY offensive and very suspect that you would find fault in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And YOU are just being your usual white-hating white-bashing self. I was also not surprised by your posts in this thread.

And no criticisms about your black brothers participating in marrying child brides of 15 years old in Africa?
Quote:
Start a thread about it and perhaps I will. And I also find it interesting that you did not mention the well-known child sex trade in Asia...but of course YOU wouldn't Miu.
Oh Myyyyyy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
I looked at these pictures again. Am I missing something? I see a father holding his daughters hands. I have trouble grasping the logic and conclusions of your post and the poster of those pictures until I realize it's due to human perception. You don't see a father with his daughter, you see a child molester fondling a pre-teen girl.

Now, I don't know if Woody is guilty or not, and that allows me to view the pictures objectively. You are convinced that he is a molester, and thus your view is clouded by bias and subjectivity. An interesting phenomena because one thing I do know is that the pictures show no innapropriate behavior. Try it yourself, cover Woody's face, perhaps put in your father's face. Anyways the pictures are public, look them up, the original pictures are found in "People" magazine type online publication with the heading text say something like "here is Woody and his family on an outing in Italy..." and then explaining the public and innocent event, not "here is a sneaky picture of Woody abusing his children".

At least I hope you and the previous posters (the person that posted the picture) are commenting based on flawed human perception....because indeed if children are now growing up in a cold, impersonal, sterile and cynical world where even the act of a father holding his daughters hand is considered taboo and viewed with suspicion - then I have given up faith on mankind.
Well said!

Quote:
I am particularly turned off by how he pulls those young teenage girls to his body. He's not their biological father, even. My father knew better than to do that by the time I reached prepublescense. It was instinctive. He kept his hands to himself. I didn't need him holding me at the crook of my arm at age 13, 14. For heaven's sake. This is not cool. Slob needs to keep the mitts off them.
And who's to say that they weren't just the victims of out of line over the top paparazzi, or that they were crossing the street and were narrowly missed by a car. Maybe they were freaked out by something that has NOTHING to do with Allen, and their shock is still evident.

Quote:
But that's not the point. I just think he is too physically intimate, too much, in those photos. Period.
And that's your opinion, mine is that children can't ever be shown too much that they are loved and cared for. Matter of fact, my youngest fell asleep cuddled up to her Dad's side while watching movies. I was on one side, she was on the other. No big deal in our home, but then again we are "huggy/touchy" people.

Physical contact is SOP for our families.

Quote:
We are NOT talking about how happy Soon Yi is (or is not) with Woody. We are talking about Woody Allen's daughter Dylan who at 28 years old has detailed the sexual abuse that SHE experienced from her father.
You mean the assumed allegations that have NOT been proven from his NON BIOLOGICAL adopted daughter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Mia and Woody were never married
I'm starting to think Mia Farrow was Molested. Why else at 18 she would hook up with old A$$ Frank Sinatra.
Cause Sinatra was the Mack Daddy!

Same reason why Hugh Hefner has so many 18-25 yr old hot bodies on him 24/7, same reason why Anna Nichole Smith married the old oil guy, same reason why so many older men have young trophy wives, and the wives are HAPPY too. They both get something out of the relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
The man is creepy. I never understood how someone like him could be such a "star" He's a whiny, whimpy, spoiled, pompus little man. He probably has a two inch pecker. He's the kinda guy you just want to smack listening to him.

Do I think he's a molester? My gut tells me yes, he probably did diddle kids. He fits that whole MO. With that said, unfortunately, there is little proof, just hearsay.

Either way, this guy is pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakGuy View Post
And if he were a strong voiced, muscular, up from the working class to the big time, friendly kind of big guy who probably had a - inch "pecker"?................Rugged features, genial open and warm grin, heavy stubble on face, hair like steel wool? The kinda guy you just want to identify with when listening to him?............Maybe an athlete. Maybe a blue collar multi millionaire businessman. Maybe a politician. Maybe a lawyer.

Then what does your gut tell you?

A few of those guys molested people too.

Looks, outward physical genetic structure have nothing to do with guilt or innocence.

You mean like this "tough guy"? Or the others below? They all look different to me, not one standard look IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Being attracted to a 17 year old does not equal pedophilia.

A 17 year old is a woman.....not a child, legalities aside.

BIG difference between a 17 year old and a 7 year old.

Quote:
There is a term for attraction to young people who are more or less teenagers. I forget what it is, but it IS a syndrome.

Apparently, everything is a "syndrome" or a "disorder" these days. Twenty years ago a man being attracted to a younger woman (biologically a woman) was basic biology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
The guy is a whopping 37 years older than his current wife. Something is very wrong .
Guess ALL these men must have "something" wrong with them too huh?

[SIZE=2][SIZE=4]17 Years[/SIZE]

Dustin Hoffman . . . Lisa Gottsegan
Dennis Quaid . . . Kimberly Buffington
Charles Saatchi . . . Nigella Lawson
Jerry Seinfeld . . . Jennifer Crittenden
Jean Todt . . . Michelle Yeoh
Donald Trump . . . Marla Maples
---------------
[SIZE=4]18 Years[/SIZE]

Fabian Forte . . . Andrea Patrick
Don Johnson . . . Kelley Phleger
Paul McCartney . . . Nancy Shevell
John Mellencamp . . . Elaine Irwin
John O'Hurley . . . Lisa Mesloh
Gene Roddenberry . . . Majel Barrett
Christian Slater . . . Brittany Lopez
Patrick Stewart . . . Wendy Neuss
---------------
[SIZE=4]19 Years[/SIZE]

Cary Grant . . . Betsy Drake
Anthony Hopkins . . . Stella Arroyave
Steve Martin . . . Kristin Davis
David Schwimmer . . . Zoe Buckman
---------------
[SIZE=4]20 Years[/SIZE]

Prince Albert II of Monaco . . . Charlene Wittstock
Nicolas Cage . . . Alice Kim
John Rhys-Davies . . . Lisa Manning
Tony Curtis . . . Christine Kaufman
Les Moonves . . . Julie Chen
Stanley Tucci . . . Felicity Blunt
---------------
[SIZE=4]21 Years[/SIZE]

Warren Beatty . . . Annette Bening
Peter Brant . . . Stephanie Seymour
Lee Majors . . . Karen Velez
Robert Redford . . . Sibylle Szaggars
Jerry Seinfeld . . . Shoshanna Lonstein
---------------
[SIZE=4]22 Years[/SIZE]

Phil Collins . . . Orianne Cevey
Kevin Costner . . . Christine Baumgarten
Peter Gabriel . . . Meabh Flynn
Edward M. Kennedy . . . Victoria Reggie
Wayne Newton . . . Kathleen McCrane
Laurence Olivier . . . Joan Plowright
Carlo Ponti . . . Sophia Loren
Alan Thicke . . . Gina Tolleson
---------------
[SIZE=4]23 Years[/SIZE]

Orson Bean . . . Alley Mills
Flavio Briatore . . . Heidi Klume
Harrison Ford . . . Calista Flockhart
John Forsythe . . . Nicole Carter
Frank Gifford . . . Kathie Lee Gifford (Kathie Lee Epstein) [SIZE=1](same birthday: August 16)[/SIZE]
Merle Haggard . . . Theresa Lane
Mick Jagger . . . L'Wren Scott
George Lazenby . . . Pam Shriver
Aristotle Onassis . . . Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy
Sylvester Stallone . . . Jennifer Flavin
Steven Tyler . . . Erin Brady
Bruce Willis . . . Brooke Burns
Bruce Willis . . . Emma Heming
Bruce Willis . . . Emily Sandberg
---------------
[SIZE=4]24 Years[/SIZE]

Hugh Hefner . . . Barbi Benton
Judd Hirsch . . . Bonni (wife)
Rich Little . . . Catherine Brown
Malcolm McDowell . . . Kelley Kuhr
Chuck Norris . . . Gena O'Kelley
Fred Thompson . . . Jeri Kehn
Donald Trump . . . Melania Knauss
---------------
[SIZE=4]25 Years[/SIZE]

Humphrey Bogart . . . Lauren Bacall
Robert Conrad . . . LaVelda Fann
Michael Douglas . . . Catherine Zeta-Jones [SIZE=1](same birthday: September 25)[/SIZE]
Richard Harris . . . Ann Turkel
Benjamin Harrison . . . Mary Dimmick [SIZE=1](He: 62, 23nd U.S. President [married after leaving office]. She: 37. Year: 1896.)[/SIZE]
Christopher Knight . . . Adrianne Curry
Norman Lear . . . Lyn Davis
George Lucas . . . Mellody Hobson
Paul McCartney . . . Heather Mills
Rod Stewart . . . Rachel Hunter
Mike Todd . . . Elizabeth Taylor
Bruce WIllis . . . Nadia Bjorlin
---------------
[SIZE=4]26 Years[/SIZE]

Alec Baldwin . . . Hilaria Thomas
René Angélil . . . Celine Dion
Charles Dance . . . Shambhala Marthe
Kelsey Grammer . . . Kayte Walsh
Mick Jagger . . . Luciana Morad
Larry King . . . Shawn Southwick
Steve Martin . . . Anne Stringfield
Barry Newman . . . Angela Spilker
---------------
[SIZE=4]27 Years[/SIZE]

Jeff Goldblum . . . Catherine Wreford
David Hasselhoff . . . Hayley Roberts
Jerry Lee Lewis . . . Kerrie McCarver
Rich Little . . . Jeannette Markey
Rod Stewart . . . Penny Lancaster
---------------
[SIZE=4]28 Years[/SIZE]

Grover Cleveland . . . Frances Folsom [SIZE=1](He: 49, 22nd U.S. President. She: 21, youngest First Lady. Year: 1886.)[/SIZE]
David Copperfield . . . Chloe Gosselin
Harrison Ford . . . Minnie Driver
Nelson Mandela . . . Graca Machel
Jack Nicholson . . . Sandra Knight
Kenny Rogers . . . Wanda Miller
William Shatner . . . Nerine Kidd
William Shatner . . . Elizabeth Martin
Alan Thicke . . . Tany Callau
Pete Townshend . . . Rachel Fuller
Bao Xishum . . . Xia Shusian [SIZE=1](He: former world's tallest man 7'9")[/SIZE]

---------------
[SIZE=4]29 Years[/SIZE]

Neil Diamond . . . Katie McNeil
George Hamilton . . . Kimberly Blackford
Yaphet Kotto . . . Tessie Sinahon
---------------
[SIZE=4]30 Years[/SIZE]

Buzz Aldrin . . . Michelle Sucillon
Paul Anka . . . Anna Yeager
Jim Carrey . . . Anastasia Vitkina
Bing Crosby . . . Kathryn Grant
John Derek . . . Bo Derek (Mary Collins)
Jeff Goldbloom . . . Emilie Livingston
Andy Griffith . . . Cindi Knight
Frank Sinatra . . . Mia Farrow
John Tyler . . . Julia Gardiner [SIZE=1](He: 54, 10th U.S. President. She: 24. Year: 1844.)[/SIZE]
George Frederic Watts . . . Ellen Terry [SIZE=1](He: 46, British artist. She: 16, actress. Year: 1864.)[/SIZE]
---------------
[SIZE=4]31 Years[/SIZE]

Eric Clapton . . . Melia McEnery
John Cleese . . . Jennifer Wade
Rodney Dangerfield . . . Joan Child
Robert Evans . . . Catherine Oxenberg
Dennis Hopper . . . Katherine LaNasa
Davy Jones . . . Jessica Pacheco
Martin Landau . . . Gretchen Becker
Ronnie Wood . . . Sally Humphreys
---------------
[SIZE=4]32 Years[/SIZE]

Billy Joel . . . Katie Lee
David Lynch . . . Emily Stofle
Ed McMahon . . . Pam Hurn
Geraldo Rivera . . . Erica Levy
---------------
[SIZE=4]33 Years[/SIZE]

Tony Bennett . . . Susan Crow
Cary Grant . . . Dyan Cannon [SIZE=1](He: 57. She: 24 when first met. He: 61. She: 28 when married.)[/SIZE]
George Hamilton . . . Barbara Sturm
Jack Nicholson . . . Lara Flynn Boyle
George Frederic Watts . . . Mary Seton Fraser Tytler
---------------
[SIZE=4]34 Years[/SIZE]

Charles Dance . . . Sophia Myles
John McLaughlin . . . Cristine Vidal
Andre Previn . . . Anne-Sophie Mutter
Rod Steiger . . . Paula Ellis
---------------
[SIZE=4]35 Years[/SIZE]

Woody Allen . . . Soon-Yi Previn
Dennis Hopper . . . Victoria Duffy
Doug Hutchison . . . Courtney Alexis Stodden [SIZE=1](He: 51, American actor. She: 16, singer. Year: 2011, Las Vegas chapel.)[/SIZE]
Lee Majors . . . Faith Noelle Cross
Tony Robinson . . . Louise Hobbs
J.D. Salinger . . . Joyce Maynard [SIZE=1](He: 53. She: 18. Year: 1972.)[/SIZE]
---------------
[SIZE=4]36 Years[/SIZE]

James Doohan . . . Wende Braunberger [SIZE=1](He: 54, Star Trek's "Scotty. She: 18. Year: 1974.)[/SIZE]
Clint Eastwood . . . Dina Ruiz
Sir Clive Sinclair . . . Angie Bowness
---------------
[SIZE=4]37 Years[/SIZE]

Jim Clark . . . Kristy Hinze [SIZE=1](He: 65, billionaire. She: 28, Australian supermodel. Married: 2009.)[/SIZE]
Hugh Hefner . . . Kimberley Conrad
Rupert Murdoch . . . Wendi Deng
Des O'Connor . . . Jodie Brooke Wilson
---------------
[SIZE=4]38 Years[/SIZE]

Rupert Murdoch . . . Wendi Deng
Patrick Stewart . . . Sunny Ozell
---------------
[SIZE=4]39 Years[/SIZE]

Robert Evans . . . Leslie Ann Woodward
Al Pacino . . . Lucila Sola
Patrick Stewart . . . Lisa Dillon
James Woods . . . Ashley Madison [SIZE=1](He: 57, actor. She: 18 when first met.)[/SIZE]
---------------
[SIZE=4]40 Years[/SIZE]

Charles Bronson . . . Kim Weeks
Pablo Picasso . . . Françoise Gilot
J.D. Salinger . . . Colleen O'Neill
---------------
[SIZE=4]41 Years[/SIZE]

Robert Duvall . . . Luciana Pedraza [SIZE=1](He: actor. Both have same birthday: January 5)[/SIZE]
Clint Eastwood . . . Erica Tomlinson-Fisher
Terry Jones . . . Anna Soderstrom [SIZE=1](He: 62, "Monty Python" co-founder. She: 21 when first met.)[/SIZE]
Ronnie Wood . . . Ekaterina Ivanova [SIZE=1](He 61, "Rolling Stones" rock star. She 20, when first met.)[/SIZE]
---------------
[SIZE=4]42 Years[/SIZE]

Ginger Baker . . . Kudzai Machokoto [SIZE=1](He: 70, former rock star. She: 28. Year engaged/married: 2010.)[/SIZE]
George Soros . . . Tamiko Bolton
Leopold Stokowski . . . Gloria Vanderbilt
---------------
[SIZE=4]44 Years[/SIZE]

Fred Astaire . . . Robyn Smith
Ramjeet Raghav . . . Shakuntala Devi (wife) [SIZE=1](He: 96, world's oldest father as of 2012. She: 52.)[/SIZE]
---------------
[SIZE=4]45 Years[/SIZE]

Tony Curtis . . . Jill Vanden Berg
---------------
[SIZE=4]46 Years[/SIZE]

Richard Roden . . . Lisa (wife) [SIZE=1](He, Britain's oldest father of twins.)[/SIZE]
Dick Van Dyke . . . Arlene Silver
James Woods . . . Kristen Bauguess
---------------
[SIZE=4]47 Years[/SIZE]

Cary Grant . . . Barbara Harris
Anthony Quinn . . . Kathy Benvin
---------------
[SIZE=4]48 Years[/SIZE]

Kirk Kerkorian . . . Lisa Bonder
---------------
[SIZE=4]51 Years[/SIZE]

Tony Randall . . . Heather Harlan
---------------
[SIZE=4]54 Years[/SIZE]

Raymond Calvert . . . Charlotte (partner) [SIZE=1](He, Britain's oldest father.)[/SIZE]
Hugh Hefner . . . Holly Madison
---------------
[SIZE=4]60 Years[/SIZE]

Hugh Hefner . . . Crystal Harris
---------------
[SIZE=4]63 Years[/SIZE]

J. Howard Marshall II . . . Anna Nicole Smith [SIZE=1](He: 89. She: 26 when first met.)[/SIZE]
Glynn Wolfe . . . Daisy (wife) [SIZE=1](He: Guiness world record holder, world's most married man. She: young Asian bride.)[/SIZE]
---------------
[SIZE=4]95 Years[/SIZE]

Ahmed Muhamed Dore . . . Safia Abdulleh [SIZE=1](He: 112. She: 17 when married.)[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Old 02-17-2014, 07:23 PM

181 posts, read 218,283 times
WOW!

Look at all the famous rich old guys with the trophy wives or girlfriends.

I'm 63 and I myself always liked the older women.

But I guess Woody Allen is in the norm if the norm means letting yourself be fooled by gold diggers. Not that I'm assuming that Soon Yi is a gold digger but I would think that most of these are out for the money.

Don't any of those old men take pride in being LOVED for THEMSELVES?

Why are so many people picking on Woody Allen?

Last edited by SteakGuy; 02-17-2014 at 07:51 PM..

Old 02-17-2014, 09:56 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,501,943 times
Enrico - attacking me again by saying I am bitter and judgmental - Oh - if you only knew how wrong you are little man

Old 02-17-2014, 11:26 PM

6,413 posts, read 12,142,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
Enrico - attacking me again by saying I am bitter and judgmental - Oh - if you only knew how wrong you are little man
Oooh oooh. She's attacking me. Calling me "little man." Oooh oooh you big bad woman.

You think I'm male? roflmao.

But for your edification. I did not call you were bitter and judgmental. Only that you came across that way. I don't know you, so I can't say that you are. Only that your posts seem that way.

Old 02-18-2014, 01:08 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,120 times
Quote:
What ARE you talking about, miu?

This thread is not about race. Why am I a white hater/basher for stating that I believe Dylan? And how did we get to African child brides?

Please stay on topic. Thanks.
I see she miu still sprouting the same old crap she always does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events