Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 07:13 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,214,359 times

Advertisements

I doubt that. ^ That would really be reaching, for no logical reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 07:18 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
The person who left the gun there should be charged with a crime.
What crime?
Maybe "Endangerment" but that is probably a misdemeanor which could be reduced to probation, a fine or both which is basically a slap on the wrist.
Perhaps the gun had been stolen from the original owner, I did not read the article yet so I don't know if it says that or not in the article.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:31 AM

398 posts, read 471,281 times
What needs to happen is all these open carry people need to have their rights stripped. It's ridiculous that kids are at risk just so they can have their guns.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:37 AM

21,867 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Someone Left A Loaded Gun In The Toy Aisle Of Target

This happened in a Myrtle Beach Target recently and so it begs the question. Places like Target and Walmart used detectors to keep their merchandise from leaving the store. Shouldn't they also take a bit of their budget and screen for weapons entering their stores? Would doing so violate our second amendment?
No.

And no. It's private property they can do whatever they want. I've carried in Target/Fred Myers. Not in CA since you basically can't carry here unless you're law enforcement. I never thought of it as a big deal.

Old 06-09-2014, 07:39 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,988,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
The amount of fail in this post is immeasurable

No one, especially rent-a-cops at a retail store have the right to follow me around a store keeping a "high powered rifle" trained on me. Nor would I allow it. And then you have the people that will freak and call the cops because someone is walking around the store with a rifle aimed and ready.
Really? It's called "sarcasm"...

Old 06-09-2014, 07:49 AM

4,569 posts, read 5,674,058 times
Question I doubt anybody would want to be seen in public open-carrying a cheesy pistol like a HiPoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundofsilence82 View Post
What needs to happen is all these open carry people need to have their rights stripped. It's ridiculous that kids are at risk just so they can have their guns.
What does this crime at Target have to do with "all these open carry people"? What kids are open carry people putting at risk? Please elaborate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Perhaps the gun had been stolen from the original owner, I did not read the article yet so I don't know if it says that or not in the article.
As of the articles on Friday, police were still looking for Chavonne Tere Moore, the registered owner of the handgun (and possibly nearby neighbor to the Target store). Hopefully since the weekend the cops have been able to ask some pointed questions of Chavonne.

Looks like she has a twitter account: https://twitter.com/teremoore143

Old 06-09-2014, 07:52 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Go for it! Another good reason not to flush time down the drain going shopping at all. I can get every last thing that they sell without leaving the house.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:00 AM

398 posts, read 471,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
What does this crime at Target have to do with "all these open carry people"? What kids are open carry people putting at risk? Please elaborate.

Come on, seriously? You don't seriously believe a kid put that gun there. An adult, who owned the gun, had to have.

How many "accidents" have to happen before you actually see sense?

Old 06-09-2014, 08:06 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
It seems pretty unlikely to me that someone who legally carried a weapon accidently left it there. I just can't imagine such a person having taken it out for any reason and then not noticed its absence.

But it seems just as unlikely that a felon left the gun there only to "get rid of it" when there are so many dumpsters around town, not to mention the freakin' ocean. Go out fishing with a friend, drop the gun overboard, done. Toss the gun into a busy commercial dumpster across town, done.

It seems more likely to me to be a plant to cause shenanigans, and I'd suspect Chavonne's boyfriend.

For that matter...they seem to be having a hard time finding Chavonne.

Last edited by Ralph_Kirk; 06-09-2014 at 08:51 AM..

Old 06-09-2014, 10:06 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundofsilence82 View Post
Come on, seriously? You don't seriously believe a kid put that gun there. An adult, who owned the gun, had to have.

How many "accidents" have to happen before you actually see sense?
But what does that have to do with "all these open carry" people you refer to, the people whose rights you want stripped? And what do you even mean by "all these open carry people?" What does that phrase even mean? What's an open carry person?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events