Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fighting was uncalled for
Yep 49 94.23%
No, she had it coming 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 06:52 AM

164 posts, read 266,798 times

Advertisements

Child's tantrum led to parking lot fight - CNN.com Video

Comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 07:04 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,136,400 times
There's no article. What happened?

Old 11-06-2014, 07:10 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,784,156 times
Maybe next time she wont say anything or won't tell someone to go to hell. Dems fightin words.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:11 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
There's no article. What happened?
Some kid was screaming so the woman told her nicely to calm down at which point they got into a verbal argument and while the first woman was leaving the other woman followed her and hit her twice knocking her to the ground.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:14 AM

3,663 posts, read 5,677,361 times
Of course she should not assaulted by that woman. (I couldn't tell the race)

When people patronize a business, they have duty to keep their children from being disruptive and there was a time when that was the norm. My husband and I quit going to restaurants because of parents' lackadaisical attitude towards the disruption their child is causing.

I hate this belief that some young parents have where they think they are justified to bring their children out in public during inappropriate times because, "They have to have a life too." Go hang out in downtown Las Vegas at midnight and count all children under five years old. It's shameful. Often they are crying because they are so tired and the environment frightens them.

I no longer patronize businesses that allow this to go on and that's the best way to handle it, IMO.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:23 AM

1,030 posts, read 1,579,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
Of course she should not assaulted by that woman. (I couldn't tell the race)

When people patronize a business, they have duty to keep their children from being disruptive and there was a time when that was the norm. My husband and I quit going to restaurants because of parents' lackadaisical attitude towards the disruption their child is causing.

I hate this belief that some young parents have where they think they are justified to bring their children out in public during inappropriate times because, "They have to have a life too." Go hang out in downtown Las Vegas at midnight and count all children under five years old. It's shameful. Often they are crying because they are so tired and the environment frightens them.

I no longer patronize businesses that allow this to go on and that's the best way to handle it, IMO.
Maybe it's just me but these new breed of millennial mothers seem to be the worst at this kind of stuff. I am a firm gen xer and I certainly don't remember young mothers being near as bad. I see so many mothers today that seem to rather try to "block out" their kids screaming than stop or take them to inappropriate avenues. I personally think every young woman and man in HS should be required to take home ec and carry around those baby think it over things.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:26 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
Some kid was screaming so the woman told her nicely to calm down at which point they got into a verbal argument and while the first woman was leaving the other woman followed her and hit her twice knocking her to the ground.

There was a thread started yesterday or the day before about this incident.
Neither of them was right but no one has the right to escalate things to physical violence unless it is self defense.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:27 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,760,101 times
I hope they hit that stupid woman with the toughest assault charge there is. No excuse for this kind of violent behavior. I don't care what was said to her.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:30 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,938 times
Some people have a low tolerance. No matter how nicely you say it, when you walk into someone else's world and tell them how to run their lives, you have voluntarily entered their world so prepare for whatever they have for you.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:38 AM

138 posts, read 173,365 times
1. The mom was WAY out of line. Period. No excuses. People need to grow up and be an example to their children.

2. Even if the other young woman thought she handled it nicely, worn out moms can take even small criticisms defensively. Maybe she could have shown empathy, offered to help in some small way, maybe that would have been received better. (That does not excuse the mom's reaction, just to be clear).

3. I might have alerted the store management and allowed them to handle it, for one thing, you never know if someone who allows this to go on is on drugs or what.

Most times my kids have had a really bad, long-lasting tantrum we have taken the child out of the busy/quiet area, however, I did have one time when I wasn't supposed to pick up my oldest, during pregnancy #2. It was horrible (though it could have been worse) and I know people were probably judging me about it - not knowing the circumstances. Didn't go back to that store for quite awhile.

Best advice for parents, have something with you to occupy a child's time when there's going to be waiting involved, and a snack if permissible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events