Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fighting was uncalled for
Yep 49 94.23%
No, she had it coming 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 09:18 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,596,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Honestly, in my experience, black women are the most aggressive angry, physically violent people I have ever been around. I have had 3 of them physically threaten me over nonsense. I, 1) honked at one lady to pull ahead in the drive-through - she got OUT OF HER CAR and practically came through my car window, 2) got into a parking space that a lady clearly wanted (yes, I was there first....she tried to push her way in when the guy pulled out) - she cussed me out and threatened to BITE me , and 3) I admonished a lady for allowing a friend to join her in the checkout line ahead of several others (friend had a whole crap-ton of items). All of these women were black - and they ALL went freaking off the road. I have never had these experiences with women of other races.
And what does this crapola have to do with the OP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 10:09 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
And what does this crapola have to do with the OP?
Well I wasn't responding to YOUR post. Someone asked a question. I responded. Don't get it? Move along.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:36 PM

5,575 posts, read 6,501,669 times
OK, here's something to think about and discuss. If the woman who ended up being attacked had been armed, either legally (CCW license) or not, and had shot this woman/mother who not only verbally attacked her but then physically attacked her, actually laying in wait for her to exit the store, (it seems intentional as she didn't have her child with her), would she/should she be charged with anything, or even with murder if the attacker had died?

Old 11-07-2014, 05:53 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
OK, here's something to think about and discuss. If the woman who ended up being attacked had been armed, either legally (CCW license) or not, and had shot this woman/mother who not only verbally attacked her but then physically attacked her, actually laying in wait for her to exit the store, (it seems intentional as she didn't have her child with her), would she/should she be charged with anything, or even with murder if the attacker had died?
Good topic and it probably depends on which state it happens. If the lady was on top of her the shooting could be justified here in TX. One can only guess what would happen in NYC or Chicago.

If the lady had been shot while on top of the victim, we could have a case similar to Treyvon Martin.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:04 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,731,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Good topic and it probably depends on which state it happens. If the lady was on top of her the shooting could be justified here in TX. One can only guess what would happen in NYC or Chicago.

If the lady had been shot while on top of the victim, we could have a case similar to Treyvon Martin.
I disagree, the Martin case isn't even remotely similar, at least not by the facts.

It's definitely not murder, it wasn't premeditated. She would be charged with homicide and I doubt a jury in any state would find her guilty. It doesn't need to get as far as her being on top of her beating her down. If she is struck and she fears for her life, she can use force, the defense would be that there was no intent to kill the woman, even if she happened to kill her with one bullet to the head. It's one reason that that I personally will never get into a physical altercation in public, not unless you know the parties involved have no weapons, but in today's world that is never the case (not in the USA anyway).

Old 11-07-2014, 07:14 AM

11,365 posts, read 9,278,159 times
Quote:
How could a situation like that be murder? Makes no sense.

She would be defending herself against a blatant cowardly attack. She might be charged at first but should get no time in that hypothetical situation.

But she still should have minded her own business and not said anything. The right thing to do was to not say anything to the stranger with the unruly child and just deal with that bit of inconvenience for a couple of minutes.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well I wasn't responding to YOUR post. Someone asked a question. I responded. Don't get it? Move along.
That's why the question was asked...because it had nothing to do with the thread. Congrats on being the first for bringing up race.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:39 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Except the mother forced her way into many people's lives by allowing her child to get out of control in a public place. If she can't handle the critique maybe she should stay at home.
I've been in stores where tantrums are happening, and it doesn't look like the parents are allowing it. Looks like they're irritated and helpless. Those little angels probably know they won't get spanked in public so that's where they get to go nuts. I stay far away from it.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Imo, the woman that was attacked would have been charged with something other than murder (manslaughter) because of the fact that she had a weapon on her and the jury would have wondered if she was looking for a confrontation in the first place and an excuse to use her weapon.

Regardless, as most are saying she should have minded her own damn business.

Old 11-07-2014, 07:56 AM

11,365 posts, read 9,278,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I've been in stores where tantrums are happening, and it doesn't look like the parents are allowing it. Looks like they're irritated and helpless. Those little angels probably know they won't get spanked in public so that's where they get to go nuts. I stay far away from it.
LOL, like it's planned or something. Please.
I'm sure hitting them is going to make things so much better. If anything that will only make it worse as now the child has to cry.

Instead, it's the responsibility of the parent to remove them from the situation ASAP. If it's a continuous problem then don't take your child out in a public place like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events