Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 07:37 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Yeaaah... not with the threat of a lawsuit from precious darlings parents as a very real consequence..
Not to mention three minutes is not an especially long time to respond if the mgr is elsewhere and unaware until it's reported to them. I would first call the cops, then see to the safety of employees and customers, and then tried to contain the kid in one aisle without physically touching him in any way, if possible. Stuff is just stuff, and writing it off as a loss is likely to cost less than any possible lawsuit from touching the kid. Let the police handle that bit.
Exactly 100% correct.

No way would I touch that kid. I wouldn't even speak to a minor. If by some rare circumstance I run into a problem I tell the parent or just let it go. No parent around and something major happens like this, then the police. In this case the police needed to be called right away, regardless if the parent was there or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 08:27 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Nice parenting! The little brat was in the store alone....so where were his parents? They all need a foot in the ass.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:47 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Exactly 100% correct.

No way would I touch that kid. I wouldn't even speak to a minor. If by some rare circumstance I run into a problem I tell the parent or just let it go. No parent around and something major happens like this, then the police. In this case the police needed to be called right away, regardless if the parent was there or not.
This brings us back to the question: why didn't store personnel do anything? Call police or mall security?

Old 01-02-2015, 09:02 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This brings us back to the question: why didn't store personnel do anything? Call police or mall security?
They may of called the police but unfortunately sometimes the response time is too late. It's not like it was a shooting, just some punk child being an idiot. The guy filming the video was just being an idiot as well. This kids parents apparently failed him, or just don't care. I see the greybar hotel in his future.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:52 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A 10 year-old boy had an epic tantrum and went on a rampage through a Florida store, knocking items from shelves in almost every aisle.

The boy left a trail of destruction in Dollar General and it only ended when a store employee grabbed him and dragged him out of the store.

10-year-old American boy throws epic tantrum
Well it certainly wasn't a "tantrum", OR a rampage. He was just displaying bullying behavior, probably accelerated by the idiot following him around with the camera. He never would have been in there that long if I had been working there. He should have been snatched up the first time he knocked something in the floor. Hope they found his parents and that he had the sh*t slapped out of him. Clearly that is what he needs.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 01-02-2015 at 10:18 AM..

Old 01-02-2015, 10:05 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
They may of called the police but unfortunately sometimes the response time is too late. It's not like it was a shooting, just some punk child being an idiot. The guy filming the video was just being an idiot as well. This kids parents apparently failed him, or just don't care. I see the greybar hotel in his future.
Then follow the kid and if he gets away into his parent/guardian/whoever car, jot the license number down and press charges for destruction of property.

All this talk about violence against this kid when there is no evidence it will solve anything. I'm quite sure the judicial system is full of abused kids taking their anger out on society. The kid never asked to be born and it is apparent to me he has behavioral problems. No normal 10 year old acts like that. He needs to be given a fair evaluation and diagnosis to find the root of what made him do this.

It's possible his mother didn't take care of herself while she was pregnant and you know where I am going with this. Hate to stereotype but that thought entered my mind.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:45 PM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's a dollar store, around here they don't typically locate in malls or have any kind of security. Like I said, three minutes is nothing, it's very possible police had been called. If it's like our store cashiers are trained not to take on this sort of thing other than to call mgt and let them handle it. Mgt is trained to not escalate a situation, you don't get confrontational if you can avoid it. Stores don't want lawsuits, they would much rather take the loss of property, they do have insurance for this kind of thing.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:53 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Beat the crap out of that kid. However with correct and present parenting this would have never happened.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:53 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
If I was a kid and I was being followed and videoed by an idiot babbling in some filthy alien jibber-jabber I'd probably run too ... and knock stuff off of shelves to slow him down as well.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:22 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Why specify he is an American? Did someone think he was from China or India?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events