Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 07:10 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
Good question. Perhaps it's a little of both, and the religion itself doesn't provide the 'tools' necessary to make it possible for those violent & intolerant people to change & evolve.
I still think many, if not most, terrorists & jihadists are really nothing more than criminals and killers that are using the Islamic religion as an excuse to give their acts some 'legitimacy. Take away the 'cover' of religious jihad, and these people would be no more than rouge killers and mass murderers.
Your argument would hold weight if it there were only hundreds of Muslim extremists. That's not the case though, their numbers being in the millions. It's Wahhabism spreading throughout the Muslim world, and the successful strategy of bin Laden to draw us into a fight against them that he could portray as a war on Islam. Add to that the fact that there are little opportunities over there, and it's a recipe for disaster. Many of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudis with degrees that had no opportunities in their fields.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 07:50 PM

24,476 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Why am I thinking that with all the movies and video games still being made about WW2 that we don't see Germans being attacked. There is a big difference between German people and Nazis and Muslim people and Terrorists.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:30 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
When I saw the preview for the film I immediately said "That is one I will be skipping". I know nothing about the anti-arab part which sucks if it is there because in this time we need bridges to close divides, but I just am sick of propaganda to get "our boys" to enlist to fight the wars of the rich.

It makes me sick!
This movie didn't glorify war or anything so I'm not sure it qualifies as propaganda. There is nothing to get sick about IMO because stuff like this happened and someone made a movie about it, that's all. I didn't find it "anti arab" either. But I wasn't watching with an agenda.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:19 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Your argument would hold weight if it there were only hundreds of Muslim extremists. That's not the case though, their numbers being in the millions. It's Wahhabism spreading throughout the Muslim world, and the successful strategy of bin Laden to draw us into a fight against them that he could portray as a war on Islam. Add to that the fact that there are little opportunities over there, and it's a recipe for disaster. Many of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudis with degrees that had no opportunities in their fields.
I said Wahhabism spreading, but that's probably simplistic. I don't pretend to know what the issues are over there, but I am aware that there are different groups of Muslims in the same way there are different groups of Christians. It does seem like the Saudis and Iranians and Afghans/Pakistanis tend to have a different culture associated with their religion than do the Egyptians or other groups in Africa where it seems to be more moderate. But again, I don't pretend to know that much about the Muslim world.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:50 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
co-worker talked to me after watching it saying it was 'amazing' and it 'reminds you of what's going on over there' ... so apparently people are taking this film as truth... not surprising... I have not seen it yet, I am just relying what I have heard. Perhaps I'll see it tomorrow ... er... today.. when I get up later.. as I sleep 6AM-2PM.

I call BS on the notion that the number of extremists is 'in the millions' ... if it was you'd have far more attacks than do occur.. most of them are just trying to live their lives and get by in spite of the extremists in their society... kind of like Catholics that never go to church.... the extremists make up maybe 5% of the population.. certain no reason to go carpet bombing entire cities killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians or more... that would make us terrorists.... but people are brainwashed and can't see both sides of the issue.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:22 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
co-worker talked to me after watching it saying it was 'amazing' and it 'reminds you of what's going on over there' ... so apparently people are taking this film as truth... not surprising... I have not seen it yet, I am just relying what I have heard. Perhaps I'll see it tomorrow ... er... today.. when I get up later.. as I sleep 6AM-2PM.

I call BS on the notion that the number of extremists is 'in the millions' ... if it was you'd have far more attacks than do occur.. most of them are just trying to live their lives and get by in spite of the extremists in their society... kind of like Catholics that never go to church.... the extremists make up maybe 5% of the population.. certain no reason to go carpet bombing entire cities killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians or more... that would make us terrorists.... but people are brainwashed and can't see both sides of the issue.
Ok, math time... You say 5% of the muslim population right? Ok, how many muslims are there? Look it up, 5% is in the millions.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:46 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,022,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
... and these people would be no more than rouge killers...
Take 'em out with soap and water.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:53 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Just the other day the nightly news did a segment on Obama attending a parade in India and the security nightmare it was for the Secret Service. They were running down a list of all the extraordinary security measures they were taking to keep Obama safe in such a public venue, and one of them was 1,000 snipers on rooftops along the route. We've all seen snipers walking all around the White House roof. Obviously snipers do save lives.

sounds like "overkill" to me. Did those idiots ever stop to think......... 1000 snipers.How are you certain one of em just decides he wants to kill the president.............you just upped his chances of being killed by 1000

Old 01-29-2015, 05:13 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I'll bet that by this time next week, there will be dozens of young black men killed by other young black men, but not one shooting of a muslim by an NRA member.
That is the real tragedy in US now. Leading cause of death for young black males is homocide .Mostly by gangs against each other. They way outstrip the Mob killing in the 30's.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:24 PM

5,907 posts, read 4,429,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Eastwood and Cooper should agree...

After this organization officially, publically and without qualification denounces:

Isil
Al Qaeda
The murder of homosexuals by the Iranian government
honor killings of raped women
punishments for women who want to drive in Muslim countries
Boko Haram
The selling of women into slavery in Muslim countries
the killing of Afghan girls who want to go to school
Parasitic Muslims who go to other countries and kill cartoonists
"Lone wolf" Parasite Muslims
The wars Mohammad fought to establish his "religion of peace"
The wars of apostasy
That everywhere Muslims share a border with non-Muslims they kill "infidels"
The fact that Muslims constantly kill each other as "heretics"
The bounty placed on Salmon Rushdie's head
The invasion of the west by Muslims who have no intention of assimilating
The women who is crying because the cops made her take off her hijab for a mug shot.
The Muslims in Sweden responsible for the rape epidemic
Mohammed himself for being a child rapist

And on and on and on. We could literally go infinitely, as Muslim atrocities occur faster then I can write them.

The fact is, the days when people are sympatric to this kind of crying are rapidly coming to a close. If they want others to respect them, then they need to start by apologizing and cleaning their own houses.

And that is not just "radical Muslims" or "Islamicists" or the "tiny minority," that is every single practitioner of the religion of peace. Every one of them needs to apologize for not doing enough to denounce the poison that is at the very core of their religion, and for bringing that poison to the west.

Until they do so and commit to serious reform of their religion, they should probably get used to the "islamaphobia," which is really just the immune system of Western nations recognizing a parasitical virus and kicking in, and get real used to being on the losing end of the violence that they have brought with them to their homelands. They have awakened the sleeping giant.
I would list the UK and US list of atrocities, but I wouldn't want to crash this website~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events