Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 06:31 PM

421 posts, read 410,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
The OP really really needs to change the title of the thread. "shoots herself in the foot"...what in the world does that have to do with an untouched photo? It makes no sense to the topic.
These days Cindy Crawford's business is her beauty creme. It's suppose to halt the aging process.
I do not see any "halting" in the that nasty picture and I doubt she will be getting rich on her ageless beauty regimen. So see? Shooting herself in the foot is a metaphor like cutting her nose off to spite her face or...and supposedly the pic on the internet was a "leak". I don't believe that and if it was a leak, she should sue bigtime. But she won't, because it wasn't and she would have signed a release to Marie Claire Magazine anyway. Someone suggested "she didn't do anything, that something was done to her. Well if a paparazzi snapped that pic without her consent, then, maybe that would be true, but she obviously posed for the pic. Was no accident. Why? Who knows! It's said that all publicity is good publicity, but this is one time no publicity would be better. It kind of burned my eyes first time I saw it. Yuk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 06:45 PM

3,352 posts, read 2,823,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandphi View Post
LOL!

...And furthermore, I think it is hilarious that Jamie Lee Curtis followed suit and posted herself in her skivvies. I suppose the internet will soon be plastered with pics of middle-aged stars and their dumpy bodies in their underwear trying to be sexy. Sometimes an illusion is preferable and definitely easier on the peepers.
Jamie Lee Curtis: True Thighs | MORE Magazine

Jamie Lee did not follow suit...She was one of the firsts in 2002....

Old 02-18-2015, 06:51 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandphi View Post
These days Cindy Crawford's business is her beauty creme. It's suppose to halt the aging process.
I do not see any "halting" in the that nasty picture and I doubt she will be getting rich on her ageless beauty regimen. So see? Shooting herself in the foot is a metaphor like cutting her nose off to spite her face or...and supposedly the pic on the internet was a "leak". I don't believe that and if it was a leak, she should sue bigtime. But she won't, because it wasn't and she would have signed a release to Marie Claire Magazine anyway. Someone suggested "she didn't do anything, that something was done to her. Well if a paparazzi snapped that pic without her consent, then, maybe that would be true, but she obviously posed for the pic. Was no accident. Why? Who knows! It's said that all publicity is good publicity, but this is one time no publicity would be better. It kind of burned my eyes first time I saw it. Yuk.

You are obviously not her target audience and she isn't counting on you to appreciate her or spend any money on her products. So you can relax. She'll be just fine without you.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
Jamie Lee Curtis: True Thighs | MORE Magazine

Jamie Lee did not follow suit...She was one of the firsts in 2002....

You are right! I took your link and that is the pic of Jamie lee curtis I saw this morning. When I posted this thread this morning The stories were "Jamie Lee Curtis Inspired to pose in underwear after seeing Cindy Crawford...Ha! I don't see the same headlines now. Also in my search just now, I saw one of the cindy pics was removed for copyright infringement.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:12 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,085 times
I am a few years older than Cindy Crawford. If the photo is the real deal and not photo shopped then I think it is refreshing to see....and I will tell you why....

It shows that she is comfortable with herself regardless of the changes on her body which have taken place over the years. I used to sneak my sister's Teen mags (I was not old enough to buy them--my mom's rules and my sister didn't like sharing her stuff with me). From around age 11 I compared myself to all the models in the mags. I would do my makeup (which I would "borrow" from my sister as well) and hair like the pictures of these girls and of course, I was never happy with the results. Then I graduated to Glamour, Cosmo and other mags full of "perfect" girls and women. For years (probably into my 20's...) I compared myself to these people. The t.v. was bombarded and still is with "perfect" women in shows, movies, commercials, beauty pageants, etc. And creams and makeup ads in print and t.v. ads promise wrinkles disappear and flawless skin while the women in these ads are most of the time in their early 20's! So we have had for the longest time media giving women everywhere the notion that unless they were born with great genes and look "just" average, there is something wrong with them. And God forbid if they are struggling with their weight! I cannot tell you how sick to death I am of Marie Osmond and Kirstie Alley commercials...and yes, I do change the channel when they come on.
I think it would be great if we will ever learn how to focus less on looks so that girls and women will stop starving themselves to reach that "ideal" weight and people will not feel that they have to cut into their skin as they get older to have that "perfect" nose, skin, boobs, etc. Even their asses aren't safe and some of them have even died from butt implants! Perhaps more young girls will grow up and have better self esteem and as they get older they will accept the aging process gracefully (as CC did by posing for that pic) and become who they are really meant to be instead of feeling inferior throughout their lives because they don't look "perfect" by other people's standards.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:13 PM

8,104 posts, read 6,748,207 times
Too bad...she had such pretty feet.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:18 PM

I would not want my daughter(if I had One) to even see this picture because it is just "nasty" looking.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:40 PM

573 posts, read 585,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I thought the OP meant she had literally shot herself. Id seen the leaked pics earlier in the week and never considered it a bad thing.
This is exactly why I clicked on the thread. Wow, the wording we use sometimes.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:41 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
I've seen the photos.
I wouldn't kick her outta bed!!!

Old 02-18-2015, 10:58 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
We should all look so good as she does however how old she is.
Well, to be honest, I'm about 7 years older than she is and I look better (body). But, I've always thought she had a beautiful face, and it's still pretty.

Thanks for posting this, it made my day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events