Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 03:10 AM

6,734 posts, read 4,415,474 times

Advertisements

Time will tell if she really was innocent and had nothing to do with the murder. People that get away with murder usually do it again, or are involved in a scandal like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 03:28 AM

9,469 posts, read 10,797,949 times
Thankfully this case has ended and the right thing has finally been done. There was never any real evidence that proved she was guilty, and IMO she should never have been convicted the first two times. I think the anti-American attitudes in Italy had a lot to do with her ordeal. Italy is supposed to be a friendly nation but yet this is how they treat one of our citizens. Had this supreme court convicted her again I would have supported our government refusing to extradite her to Italy. Now our government will not be put in that position.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:15 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,075,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Thankfully this case has ended and the right thing has finally been done. There was never any real evidence that proved she was guilty, and IMO she should never have been convicted the first two times. I think the anti-American attitudes in Italy had a lot to do with her ordeal. Italy is supposed to be a friendly nation but yet this is how they treat one of our citizens. Had this supreme court convicted her again I would have supported our government refusing to extradite her to Italy. Now our government will not be put in that position.

Amen my opinion also ... thank you .

Old 03-28-2015, 08:08 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,964,705 times
A murderer is set free. Lets face it, we all know she did it and got away with it.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:10 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I think this case also made the American public look bad, as they doubted the Italian justice system without turning a mirror on their own justice system to see the various miscarriages of justice that go down in the US. Italy wanted to send her to prison for 28 years; the US has actually executed innocent people. And let Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson go free.

The US has friendly relations with Italy, and the government would have almost certainly had to extradite her or risk Italy and the entire EU refusing to extradite to the United States. It would have been a very awkward position to be in as people would have showed up with pitchforks to prevent the extradition of a cute white girl. Really the US government is the biggest winner here.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:20 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,075,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Time will tell if she really was innocent and had nothing to do with the murder. People that get away with murder usually do it again, or are involved in a scandal like this.

And what reason would she have to kill Meredith Kurcher ? I never understood how they thought she would have had any reason to kill Meredith .

Old 03-28-2015, 08:30 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,385,974 times
If she had been involved there would have been so much DNA evidence. The reason OJ went free was people not understanding DNA evidence. I can't believe people still don't understand how it works.

Each piece of new evidence needs to be collected by a new pair of gloves, which they didn't do. The bra was moved from its original location and not collected immediately.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:31 AM

4,977 posts, read 5,765,515 times
For those who think she is guilty, why? There is NO EVIDENCE that she was guilty. The DNA evidence spoke very clearly.

The right decision was made, IMO.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:45 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
It's about time. I'm a true crime buff, and have reviewed this entire case. There is zero credible evidence that Knox, and Sollecito were involved. This case was over when Rudy Guede was convicted.

Rudy Guede raped and murdered Meredith Kercher, his DNA was all over her bedroom, which was the actual crime scene. There was no DNA from Knox, or Sollecito in the bedroom. It's impossible to selectively remove one's DNA from a crime scene.

The saddest part of this whole debacle is the prosecution has convinced the Kercher family that they are guilty. That family should have been able to reach some sort of peace knowing the killer was convicted and put in jail. Instead the self serving prosecution insisted on dragging this case out and creating a media storm trying to convict the "sex crazed" priviliged American.
Very true. Those who are 'positive' Knox did it have most likely not read the voluminous trial transcripts or reviewed the forensic evidence. They have received most of their news of the case from highly unreliable tabloid newspapers that deal in sensationalism, not facts.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:50 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
Did you expect that they would uphold the conviction?

Honestly, with all the flip flopping and the apparent shotty job by the investigators, this is the outcome I had hoped for. I don't think it's right to convict, overturn, and then convict again.

No kidding. I cannot imagine living in a country where they can convict you, overturn it, try and convict you again, overturn it....and then attempt to convict you again ? My god...where does it end ?

If you were tried and not convicted in said country, would you really ever be secure in knowing someday soon they wouldn't try you again for the same crime ?

We're so fortunate to have laws governing "double jeopardy" in the good ol' USA.

Crazy system they have in Italy. I am in no way, shape or form, an expert on the Italian legal system, but this event almost seems like something you'd have happen in a banana republic somwhere. Regardless of each jury verdict, we'll just keep trying you (dozens of times if we have to) until we find a jury weak enough to convict you.....then we'll jump up and down and say "see....she was guilty, we just knew it and now the jury has spoken".

Last edited by jasper1372; 03-28-2015 at 10:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events